Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 budget, is your 914 putting you in Debt?, where does your money come from?
TravisNeff
post May 3 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ May 3 2005, 02:36 PM)
Now I just convince my wife that the money we save by skipping meals should go towards making the cars "reliable".

Your on borrowed time my friend, sooner - or - sooner she will get the message that your call will never be right and never to spend money on it again.. I was living proof of that, haha. Then I disposed of the irritation and bought another 914 hee hee.

Hey Mueller watch out for that she-male Aa-reonola, she's a big spender with a surprise for you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Scott
post May 3 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 138

If the member of the club that owes me the 3k that he has for the last 2 1/2 years would just pay up, I would have money to work on my car.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post May 3 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #23

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

cash cash cash.... my second job (literally) pays for the 914.

that said, i've dug into the CC a few times. trying not to make that a habit... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) but it's hard when the car's not running and there's just that one more thing.....
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 3 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #24

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (Travis Neff @ May 3 2005, 03:44 PM)
Hey Mueller watch out for that she-male Aa-reonola, she's a big spender with a surprise for you.

raunchy my friend....quite raunchy (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)
+Quote Post
Nick
post May 3 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,250

Lets see how am I paying for the 3.0 conversion. Basically it is from savings. I put money in an account for the car fund. I had about 10k saved up and a 2.4 and an oil tank. I decided to get married and buy a 911 so the 10k went to 911 and ring plus the proceeds from selling off the conversion parts. Coming up on 5 years of being married and the car fund has been replenished so I started on the conversion again. Then I blew through the budget due to un expected issues with the 3.0 I purchased. Honey instead of using the tax refund to pay down the mortgage this year cab it go in the car fund so the conversion can be finished. Answer "you have been talking about this for so long just do it and quit asking". So that is how this project is getting funded. 4 years of savings tax refund and generous wife.

Nick
+Quote Post
Leo Imperial
post May 3 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #26

Do you have to use so many cuss words?

Member No.: 3,192
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Travis Neff @ May 3 2005, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ May 3 2005, 02:36 PM)
Now I just convince my wife that the money we save by skipping meals should go towards making the cars "reliable".

Your on borrowed time my friend, sooner - or - sooner she will get the message that your call will never be right and never to spend money on it again.. I was living proof of that, haha. Then I disposed of the irritation and bought another 914 hee hee.

Jedi mind bend. It works every time. Just don't piss off the wookie, she'll tear your arms from there sockets! Then their are the drugs. That's how I got her to marry me in the first place. A week later they wore off... Man that was a gas!
+Quote Post
ewdysar
post May 3 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #27

What happens here, stays here.

Member No.: 3,030

At my house, 75% of each paycheck goes to the house account, 25% goes to the earner's personal account. Bonus checks go to personal accounts. Tax returns and other refunds go to the house. Gifts and hobbies are paid from personal accounts. (I love the commercials where a housewife buys a new Jag as a "gift". Thanks Honey, what are my payments going to be?) Most of our financial conversations are about what constitutes a "house" spend.

All I've got to do is manage my personal account across the 914, the trimaran, the old wood ketch, woodworking tools, new electronics, etc. etc.

So for me it's cash, or <30 days on CC.

Eric
+Quote Post
redshift
post May 3 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #28

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

I am a dancing girl.

M
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post May 3 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #29

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Wait, wait, wait. I remember now:

stage 1: Find underpants
stage 2: collect underpants
stage 3: PROFIT!!!!!!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smoke.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/w00t.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/monkeydance.gif)
+Quote Post
type47
post May 3 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #30

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

ouch, i have been working a second job to fund my car habit. without it, i don't think i'd have any funds for the hobby as i have/had 2-3 kids in college, yada,yada,yada. with it, it's strictly cash (ATM) only for car parts.
+Quote Post
kafermeister
post May 3 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 174

Haven't got to the point where I can drop big bucks on a car just yet. I'm still working out the wrinkles (overheating problems) with the Beetle before it goes in for paint.

As for the 914, I try not to spend more than a few hundred at a time. It's easier to swallow in small ammounts. Unfortunately, it's slow and frustraiting. When you're on a tight budget and have mouths to feed, you gots to do it slowly.

R
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 3 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #32

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

I pay for my project basically by not having a new-ish daily driver. Rather than buy a $30K 3-series and lose $15K on it in 5 years from depreciation

My motto exactly! Three and a half years ago I had new car fever bad yet I had a perfectly fine '94 Jetta commuter in excellent shape. So instead of buying a new car that would have depreciated $10K by now I bought the 914. Last summer I was getting the same new car itch on top of the 914-6 itch so I bought the 911SC. It was a great deal that fell into my lap. The Jetta is still running strong and easily has another 3-5 years of life left in it. I figure both Porsches will have been "paid for" with money I didn't spend in depreciation on a new car.

I've tried to resist upgraditis. I've been mostly successful on the 914 so far. I've been thinking about six conversions and upgrading to a real six for a long time but financially it just seems like a money pit. After getting a ride in a car with a fresh 2056 I think I'm going in that direction. Sure it doesn't have 200hp but it probably has 50 more hp than the current stock engine.

And I don't charge anything that isn't paid off at the end of the month. I'm hoping that when the Jetta finally dies I can buy another daily driver for cash rather than take on car payments but we will have to see if that becomes a reality.

+Quote Post
Series9
post May 3 2005, 06:15 PM
Post #33

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

If it weren't for credit, the RS wouldn't be finished until '07.

I paid about half cash. As for the rest, I'll be paying on it for the next two years.

I'm still about $25k in the hole on it.

Too much information? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
tnorthern
post May 3 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #34

Your Mom's []

Member No.: 3,859

I actually have never met you but I respect you much more now (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) You are married right? Adds meaning to the term "keep your pimp hand strong"

I personally am not married (any more) but I have respect for a man that can spend 25k on a personal project!
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 3 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #35

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (914RS @ May 3 2005, 05:15 PM)
If it weren't for credit, the RS wouldn't be finished until '07.

I paid about half cash. As for the rest, I'll be paying on it for the next two years.

Too much information? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

Not really...I am sure you are not the only one....if you think about it, what is wrong with financing your dream 914??

people buy/finance boats and RV's everyday that probebly get less use in a year than your car did in one weekend.....

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 3 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #36

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Mueller @ May 3 2005, 01:27 PM)
where does your money come from?

thin air. no, i'm serious ...

i just barely made rent this month!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Series9
post May 3 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #37

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE (tnorthern @ May 3 2005, 05:24 PM)
I actually have never met you but I respect you much more now (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) You are married right? Adds meaning to the term "keep your pimp hand strong"

I personally am not married (any more) but I have respect for a man that can spend 25k on a personal project!

Three words: SEPERATE BANK ACCOUNTS.

Live by those words, and you might stay married.

I don't live in CA, so I don't pay 70% of my income for a place to live. Over the past three years, 90% of my discretionary income has gone into the RS.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 3 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #38

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (914RS @ May 3 2005, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (tnorthern @ May 3 2005, 05:24 PM)
I actually have never met you but I respect you much more now (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)  You are married right? Adds meaning to the term "keep your pimp hand strong"

Three words: SEPERATE BANK ACCOUNTS.

Live by those words, and you might stay married.

I don't live in CA, so I don't pay 70% of my income for a place to live. Over the past three years, 90% of my discretionary income has gone into the RS.

ditto on the bank accounts...we have 3 accounts, mine, hers and the joint house account...what sucks is that mine has normally just a grand in it at any one time if I'm lucky, the joint a few grand and her account has 5 digits not counting right of the decimal point....I cannot touch her account at all (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

only things on my credit card is 914 related right now, those carbonfiber deck lids, the Link ECU and a bunch of seals for the car....I'll pay at least half that off this week...then it's time to wait for another paycheck (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
JB 914
post May 3 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #39

Daddy! Finish my car NOW!!!

Member No.: 2,831

QUOTE (Mueller @ May 3 2005, 01:27 PM)
How do most people budget for repairs or upgrades to thier 914s??

Poker
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 3 2005, 07:03 PM
Post #40

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

between buying computers(usually obselete....except in my most recent purchases) and the 914 stuff and the dates with my g/f.....White Castle adds up ya know.......but i get money from working all the time....18 hours a week with 18 hours of school....and 40+ hours a week during summer. Still have a big amount in savings that my ()&*^*&^*%*(%&*^%&^%& mom locked up till i'm 22....but i figured out a loophole.....but it involves going into the red on my checking account, then balancing it out with savings (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 06:23 AM