Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 34,000 miles 76. 2.0! Amazing car!
earlyaircooled
post Nov 7 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,492
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

description and links to pictures etc, further down, sorry not super good at this. Reference to Ebay was auction last week, decent bidding but reserve not met.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
burton73
post Nov 7 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #2

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Lots of cars coming up. No book? Where is the proof for the 34,000miles? the seller has a great feedback on EBay. 134,000 miles is still not that much

Bob B
+Quote Post
pete000
post Nov 7 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Time capsule
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 8 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

I would certainly believe that the miles are correct on this car. MAY have had a left seat bolster repair, as the vinyl here is never wrinkled on an original seat. Someone has replaced the shocks with aftermarket bilstein, not a bad thing, but with 34,000 did it need the shocks replaced? Still worth 30.000 dollars any day
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Nov 8 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263

Beautiful car but what's with the floor pan?
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 9 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

yes, Many of these cars (particularly the lower mile ones) sat around in a garage that was certainly not dehumidified, and being so low to the concrete wicked moisture. Not a good thing. Hence we see these cars beautiful on the top end bad looking underneath.
We are currently working on a zambezi car in the same condition, although thousands of miles away from this one in condition. Sitting in the Doc's garage, looks fine on the top but rusty colored underneath.

QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 8 2017, 05:08 PM) *

+Quote Post
burton73
post Nov 9 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #7

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 9 2017, 07:33 AM) *

yes, Many of these cars (particularly the lower mile ones) sat around in a garage that was certainly not dehumidified, and being so low to the concrete wicked moisture. Not a good thing. Hence we see these cars beautiful on the top end bad looking underneath.
We are currently working on a zambezi car in the same condition, although thousands of miles away from this one in condition. Sitting in the Doc's garage, looks fine on the top but rusty colored underneath.

Looking at the floor pan in the picture, it looks to me like there was a leak in the gas line up front and some of the gas went to the back on the pan. It is not even across the full pan and I do not think moisture would make that pattern. It is up over $25,000 so 76 cars in good shape are bringing the money. Dr what do you think of that assessment?

Bob B
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 9 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Bob, you know that I firmly believe that the 76 is the one to have especially sunflower yellow like yours!!!!! I actually do not think that the fuel leaked as usually that is a narrow stream that finally tapers off before it gets to the rear. Probably a half hearted attempt to apply some kind of waxed undercoat. Car certainly needs to be hiked up in the front

I would certainly buy that car for 30 if I was in the market for one.
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 9 2017, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 9 2017, 07:33 AM) *

Looking at the floor pan in the picture, it looks to me like there was a leak in the gas line up front and some of the gas went to the back on the pan. It is not even across the full pan and I do not think moisture would make that pattern. It is up over $25,000 so 76 cars in good shape are bringing the money. Dr what do you think of that assessment?

Bob B

+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 14 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #9

Dang, didnt get notifications and didnt realize folks had been leaving so many comments on my ad. The floor pans are 100% perfect, They have been cleaned and you could eat off of them inside and out. The stipes are from the factory and I think it is some kind of cosmoline on the original gray stone guard, untouched except for cleaned and perfect. The Cof A says sport equipment, stabilizers, spoiler and I assume the Bilsteins were part of that? The seat bolsters were replaced, as was the battery tray, a couple of rubber seals and tune up parts all the rest of the car is original. The interior is amazing, the dash is perfect as is the carpet, pretty much no wear. This is definitely a 34,000 mile car not 134,000 and I will add it drives like a new 1976, 914 as tight as it can be, it can be down shifted in to first for example while going pretty fast with not even the slightest notchiness, it is amazing really, perfect synchros!

Here is a picture of the original 73, 2,0 I had which also had the floor board stipes, I'm guessing a lot of folks dont own a lift and dont clean and detail the bottom of their cars and havnt seen this?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 14 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #10

and for reference here is my 76, Malaga red car for sale here, my guess is hand and Franz didnt get the cosmoline as straight and nice and stiped as they did on the 73 phonix red car I showed above, George Hussey I bet you have seen this before?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 14 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #11

my observation is that the original floor on the bottom are sprayed with Wurth gray stone guard from the factory and they have some overspray of body color coming in from the sides, gray in the middle and gray with some body color on the sides and stripes of waxy cosmoline like stuff that is either black originally or it turns black. I also observe that it seems like they were trying to spray it on those twist in floor board hole cover things, if you look close you can usually see cosmoline sprayed on some of the suspension parts etc too.
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 14 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #12

link to 70 plus pictures here:

online album

This is a super original and well preserved Malaga red 1976 Porsche 914 with only 33,800 miles and a clean Oregon title. This 914 is totally original including paint, interior, glass, wheel finish etc. This is a concourse preservation class eligible automobile. No rust and no accident damage. Previously the only rust was in the battery tray and that was professionally replaced and repainted within the last month.

Over 300 hours were spent in detailing every square inch including the bottom of the car, wheel wells, engine, and trunks etc. To do this work the engine and transmission were removed as were the door panels, the interior, everything in both trunks, the bumpers, tail lights, turns signals etc. An online album with over 75 pictures is available to interested parties.

The paint was hand polished and waxed to preserve the original finish. The paint is amazing especially considering it is nearly 42 years old. There are some minor areas where nicks were touched up and there are some faint scratches here and there etc. This is an Oregon car since new. Numbers matching, C of A verified.

Mechanically this Porsche is in nearly new condition. Driving it takes you back to 1976. Recent tune up performed including valve adjustment, brakes lines and fluid, shifter bushings, drained old gas, engine oil and filter and fresh transaxle oil, also new fuel and vacuum lines, resealed back window and rear turn signal housings and a new battery.

This is a highly optioned car as were all 1976, 914 but some highlights include 2.0 liter engine, forged alloy wheels, Bilstein sport shocks and struts, front and rear roll bars, tinted windows, intermittent wipers, appearance group including center gauge console and plaid seat inserts. Everything works on this car and there are no oil leaks or other annoying problems. It comes complete except for the owner’s manual. The previous owner is looking for it and if she finds it I will pass it on the new owner.

Clean title. Feel free to come and inspect the car in person here in Portland Oregon.

reserve price of $25,900 has been met, will go to the highest bidder on Ebay that pays.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 14 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #13

One more thing regarding proof of mileage. This is a three owner car and has been in Oregon since day one, and the title has the mileage on it here in Oregon. Mileage is correct, it is just under 34,000
+Quote Post
johnhora
post Nov 15 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 107

Wow Dave that is one very nice example of an original car...what a beauty...don't you just love the red plaid inserts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Nov 15 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #15

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

That's a nice car. Malaga Red is a great color.
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 16 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #16

Thanks for the positive comments guys! Yes it is an amazing car, it was nice to start with then my buddy and I spent over 300 hours detailing it, we're a little ocd.

Dave
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 16 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

QUOTE(earlyaircooled @ Nov 16 2017, 10:07 AM) *

Thanks for the positive comments guys! Yes it is an amazing car, it was nice to start with then my buddy and I spent over 300 hours detailing it, we're a little ocd.

Dave

our kind of man! Someone will get a great car to keep in their collection
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 21 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #18

Back on Ebay. Hint, the reserve is very close to being met Link here: My Webpage
+Quote Post
earlyaircooled
post Nov 23 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #19

The reserve price has been met!
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 24 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #20

914 Guru

i have been talking it up!

QUOTE(earlyaircooled @ Nov 23 2017, 09:56 AM) *

The reserve price has been met!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:35 AM