Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wiring harness question
cal44
post Feb 18 2018, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,910
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have a 914 wiring harness sitting in a box here at the house. It came to me in a purchase of boxes of parts from an old guy that stated "buy all or nothing".

Just to be up front, I don't like electronics. I can't stand the thought of doing electronics. All those wires look a spaghetti that I can't eat.

I don't know beans about it and couldn't tell anyone what year is it from. I'm looking to value it to sell at a reasonable price, I'm not greedy. This came from storage in SoCal so it isn't a messed up pile of soiled beater wire.

I can take a picture if needed. Just wire loom, no brain (much like me). Trying to recoup some of initial out lay for the items I didn't want, but had to buy in order to make a deal.

All opinions welcome, harsh or not. Let it fly. Is there a way to identify what year it came from?

Regards
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 18 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(cal44 @ Feb 18 2018, 12:26 PM) *
Just to be up front, I don't like electronics. I can't stand the thought of doing electronics.

Good, because electronics has nothing to do with a 914 wiring harness, there's no electronics in a 914.

Now that we have that out of the way, post a pic. It all depends on the state of the wiring harness.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 18 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

$100 +\-
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 18 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

If the wires are soft and pliable and NONE are cut and its not painted and...and...and...it all depends on what it is and its condition. Photos of a harness stretched out on a driveway will not tell anyone the condition of the harness which is critical. If it looks like new NOS, then that s one thing. If not it may not be worth more than scrap value. It may not even be from a 914.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Feb 18 2018, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

There are as many harnesses as there are model years and engine combos plus
types of damage and deterioration.
+Quote Post
cal44
post Feb 18 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Welp, here are some pix. Heck, it might cost more to ship than the darn thing is worth. I wrote I know nothing about this stuff and I stand by it.
Side note, the wires are quite flexible. In the end it may not be worth the effort to try and sell.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
cal44
post Feb 18 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #7

I tried adding more pictures but have given up. Thanks anyway

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Feb 18 2018, 09:52 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm not sure what it's worth, but it definitely isn't trash. When I recently started refurbishing my harness, I first checked availability of good used harnesses. The best price I found was $300 for different MY harness than my car. I decided to repair the harness I had, and by far, the hardest part is finding matching color and gauge wire. Just the wire and connectors in that harness are worth salvaging, but it looks like that harness might be in restorable condition. Could be worth some decent money.
+Quote Post
9fourteen14
post Mar 25 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #9

PORSCHE LUVA

Member No.: 18,920
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(cal44 @ Feb 18 2018, 06:42 PM) *

Welp, here are some pix. Heck, it might cost more to ship than the darn thing is worth. I wrote I know nothing about this stuff and I stand by it.
Side note, the wires are quite flexible. In the end it may not be worth the effort to try and sell.

Attached Image

i will give you 50 bucks for all of that.

email me 9fourteen14@gmail.com
+Quote Post
9fourteen14
post Mar 26 2018, 07:51 PM
Post #10

PORSCHE LUVA

Member No.: 18,920
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(cal44 @ Feb 18 2018, 04:26 PM) *

I have a 914 wiring harness sitting in a box here at the house. It came to me in a purchase of boxes of parts from an old guy that stated "buy all or nothing".

Just to be up front, I don't like electronics. I can't stand the thought of doing electronics. All those wires look a spaghetti that I can't eat.

I don't know beans about it and couldn't tell anyone what year is it from. I'm looking to value it to sell at a reasonable price, I'm not greedy. This came from storage in SoCal so it isn't a messed up pile of soiled beater wire.

I can take a picture if needed. Just wire loom, no brain (much like me). Trying to recoup some of initial out lay for the items I didn't want, but had to buy in order to make a deal.

All opinions welcome, harsh or not. Let it fly. Is there a way to identify what year it came from?

Regards

i will buy it from you.

email me 9fourteen14@gmail.com
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:54 PM