Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Headlights on but don't pop up
rwiii
post Jun 12 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,461
Region Association: None

Went out to dinner and the headlights worked fine. Came out and they come on--you can see them on through the seem--but won't pop up. Both headlights. No noise, hesitation or anything. Just frozen in place.
Is there a fuse I can look for? If so where is it and the proper number (volt, H, Amp or whatever that number is).
Is there something else I can check before taking it in?
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Jun 13 2018, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 12 2018, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(75914-L20C @ Jun 12 2018, 05:50 PM) *

It is the lower gasket for the L-Jet oil cap. This thread has a picture. No idea if Terry still has these available or not. It would be great if 914Rubber could make both the upper and lower gaskets.

Pictures of the oil cap seal from the thread linked above:

Jim

Fuse 12 supplies power for the headlight motors.
There is a gray wire from the headlight switch terminal K or 56K (depending on year) that provides the power to energize the headlight motor relays.

Jim
+Quote Post
HalfMoon
post Jun 13 2018, 08:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,144
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(rwiii @ Jun 12 2018, 11:02 PM) *

Went out to dinner and the headlights worked fine. Came out and they come on--you can see them on through the seem--but won't pop up. Both headlights. No noise, hesitation or anything. Just frozen in place.
Is there a fuse I can look for? If so where is it and the proper number (volt, H, Amp or whatever that number is).
Thanks

And I know this will sound odd, (but it actually happened to me), the contact points at the fuse holder can become so dirty they will not permit continuity. Clean them off with some Emory cloth.
+Quote Post
rwiii
post Jun 13 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Jun 13 2018, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(rwiii @ Jun 12 2018, 11:02 PM) *

Thanks

And I know this will sound odd, (but it actually happened to me), the contact points at the fuse holder can become so dirty they will not permit continuity. Clean them off with some Emory cloth.

Yea, there is oxidation on the contacts. I did swap a working fuse and that wasn't the problem. I spun the black knob on the back of the motors and both go up and down fine. Again, lights work but neither go up or down. I'll clean the contacts but any other ideas are welcome!
Thanks.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:50 AM