Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rear calipers for 1971 1.7, need them in a hurry
milwlandrover
post Oct 10 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,592
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey guys, I took my car to a local shop for a brake job. I got all the parts from PMB and I am extremely happy with everything I ordered and received. He said the calipers were "probably good." The shop just called and said the front brakes were difficult but were done perfectly in the end. The rears, not so much. The rear calipers are bad. Now I need calipers FAST as it is taking up a stall at the shop. PMB is closed but from what I can tell they want your old calibers and they will rebuild them but there is a 10 day to week turnaround. Any suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 10 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

PMB usually has stock units ready to go. You get the core charge back when you return yours. They ship priority but you are still probably looking at next week. Make sure to remove your inner adjusters on the rears since they are not included with the new calipers.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
milwlandrover
post Oct 10 2018, 08:39 PM
Post #3

That's good news. I left a message on the PMB website and they have been very helpful so far. Can't wait to get the car rolling (and stopping). thanks

cheers!

markw
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 10 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #4

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I have a set of NOS in the box, if you're interested PM me
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Oct 10 2018, 11:50 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Was down at PMB last week talking to Eric. Sounds like he has been having issues getting people to return rear cores so don't be surprised if they don't have any to ship on exchange, but call them and see, he might.

I have to ask though, is this local shop you took your car to familiar with how 914 rear brakes are adjusted? Really easy to think they are broken if you are not familiar with them as they are sort of an odd design. Also, if they arnt leaking or binding against the rotors you could just re-install them and have a derivable car until you source your replacements. Non functional rear brakes is pretty common in 914s.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 11 2018, 05:31 AM
Post #6

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) if they're not adjusted properly, they'll start leaking and will need rebuilt - don't ask me how I know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
milwlandrover
post Oct 11 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #7

Once again, I asked and you guys came through. Thanks to everyone especially 913B who found what I needed laying in his garage and is shipping to me. I don't know if everyone knows how nice it is to have a 47 year old car that you know you can get immediate answers to questions and even physical help from you members. I see all the time people volunteering to drive hundreds of miles to help on rebuild or just trouble areas. I live in Southeast Wisconsin were 914's are pretty rare. When I get can people ask if it is a Ferrari. Thanks again to everyone.

Cheers!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:14 AM