Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what is wrong with this COA, an official porsche document???
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 8 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

should be easy to see

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Nov 8 2018, 12:49 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Chrome whole disk wheels? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Nevermind!

9140... VIN, but it says it's a `71 ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .... suspect 6, or the usual poor PCNA COA work?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Nov 8 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #3

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 8 2018, 10:49 AM) *

Chrome whole disk wheels? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Nevermind!

9140... VIN, but it says it's a `71 ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .... suspect 6, or the usual poor PCNA COA work?

Tom
///////

Could it be a late year 70 sold as a 71?
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Nov 8 2018, 12:54 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,510

Yeah, the VIN and Year don't match up.

I'm assuming the VIN is correct because that's easy to check, but a typo for the Model Year.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Nov 8 2018, 01:08 PM
Post #5

TMI....

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 8 2018, 11:53 AM) *

More likely typo or sloppy work by PCNA's COA staff, cuz they f-up more COAs on all models - except the new cars where the VIN will give them the options list.

You'll note that this COA shows that #11 is "black leatherette" - but I had to argue with PCNA-COA for over a year that my #32 was actually Biege - NOT black!

That went on for 3 COA "corrections" - until I sent them a pdf copy of the color codes from one of Jeff Bowsby's 914 site's documents & going up the ladder to their GM of Customer Care!

What BS! My VW COA for our `88 Westy was correct the 1st time for 1/2 the cost!
.... & Porsche touts them as the last word on your Porsche's history - yeah right! ... my funny look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) it's the last word!

It's only the last word because they'll argue to their graves that they are right & you are wrong! Vee are right! Vee are ALWAYS right! Zo you must be wrong! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Zat vas alzo zee case vit zee German project manager on their LA Experience Center, when I tried to put him in contact with SCS Engineers for the landfill issues, who had worked with me on the site next door. Vell, he vas not right & vas over a year late on completing the project because he insisted dat der vas no landvill under der site! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

He eventually got that sinking feeling! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
aharder
post Nov 8 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,524
Region Association: Southwest Region

for 1, it's been folded, I would never Fold a COA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 8 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #7

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

strange things and I don't know why they cant do it right!. Mine was just done this summer , and it has my interior as being Black Leather(not leatherette) , it was tan. also doesn't show all the options and the appearance group stuff even though its on the window sticker and I provided that to them for extra proof, and the build date they have as 09/1975 but as a '75 car that would be a '76, Car was sold end of sept. 1975 in Ohio, I doubt the got it from Germany to Ohio in 2 weeks, - Have not tried to get them to make the corrections.

Is this one you think they will correct , George?

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 8 2018, 02:08 PM) *

More likely typo or sloppy work by PCNA's COA staff, cuz they f-up more COAs on all models - except the new cars where the VIN will give them the options list.

You'll note that this COA shows that #11 is "black leatherette" - but I had to argue with PCNA-COA for over a year that my #32 was actually Biege - NOT black!

That went on for 3 COA "corrections" - until I sent them a pdf copy of the color codes from one of Jeff Bowsby's 914 site's documents & going up the ladder to their GM of Customer Care!

.... & Porsche touts them as the last word on your Porsche's history - yeah right! ... my funny look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) it's the last word!

It's only the last word because they'll argue to their graves that they are right & you are wrong! Vee are right! Vee are ALWAYS right! Zo you must be wrong! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Zat vas alzo zee case vit zee German project manager on their LA Experience Center, when I tried to put him in contact with SCS Engineers for the landfill issues, who had worked with me on the site next door. Vell, he vas not right & vas over a year late on completing the project because he insisted dat der vas no landvill under der site! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

He eventually got that sinking feeling! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)

Tom
///////

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Nov 8 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #8

TMI....

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 8 2018, 12:56 PM) *

strange things and I don't know why they cant do it right!. Mine was just done this summer , and it has my interior as being Black Leather(not leatherette) , it was tan. also doesn't show all the options and the appearance group stuff even though its on the window sticker and I provided that to them for extra proof, and the build date they have as 09/1975 but as a '75 car that would be a '76, Car was sold end of sept. 1975 in Ohio, I doubt the got it from Germany to Ohio in 2 weeks, - Have not tried to get them to make the corrections.

Is this one you think they will correct , George?

Yes Phil, they should & are obligated to do so.

Try 1st asking them to correct the list of your items (use the Chassis No. on the Karmann Plate on the LF doorjamb & the build date translation & send a pic of the Karmann Plate), with a pdf/jbg copy of Jeff Bowlsby's 75 MY Interior choices - nONE of which are "Leather".

If the 1st line person refuses, ask for the COA Dept. Mgr., if they refuse, then send an email to the PCNA GM of Customer Care, then call him if no reply in a reasonable time.

The outcome of mine was that he finally corrected it to Beige Leatherette with Basketweave, but still no included App. & Perf. Groups options, because in 73 they were included in the base price.

However, for yours it should show ALL options on your window sticker, since they're all extra price options from 74-76 MYs. It was the case of a lazy or ill informed COA person for yours - es[pecially since you sent in a copy of the window sticker.

Geesh!! What a Half-fast organization of supposedly a premium maker!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

In my case the corrections were made & my full COA fee was refunded for their piss-poor half-fast service! ... except for the items in the "included in base price for the 1973 MY "914S" trim package.

However, they still don't list any "included options" on any Porsche "specials" - as the GM explained to me - which is utterly stooopid, because that sets apart those special models features, which I told him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
He agreed, but said that the Germans always think that they know best! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PM or email me later Phil, if you need more help.

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
pete000
post Nov 8 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,094

That's the orange six on ebay right now. I almost bought that car years ago when it was in Colorado. It is a real six, I think it might be a cusp car early 71 or late 70. Sadly it looks to have been worse for wear now from when I saw it. I passed because the passenger seat was modded to fit a late seat, a really good leaker, and the clutch cable broke pulling out of the drive way. I think it was 24 grand maybe six years ago...It also had aftermarket sway bars front and back.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 8 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

and who in the heck would cut a piece of the quarter panel off to fix the longitudinal and inner wheelhouse? That is just crazy

QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 8 2018, 03:51 PM) *

That's the orange six on ebay right now. I almost bought that car years ago when it was in Colorado. It is a real six, I think it might be a cusp car early 71 or late 70. Sadly it looks to have been worse for wear now from when I saw it. I passed because the passenger seat was modded to fit a late seat, a really good leaker, and the clutch cable broke pulling out of the drive way. I think it was 24 grand maybe six years ago...It also had aftermarket sway bars front and back.
+Quote Post
jtprettyman
post Nov 9 2018, 08:47 AM
Post #11

Rust Bucket Owner

Member No.: 18,707

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 8 2018, 05:57 PM) *

and who in the heck would cut a piece of the quarter panel off to fix the longitudinal and inner wheelhouse? That is just crazy]

<-------- This guy!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Nov 9 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 17,589

Why is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price listed as "unavailable". After all, THEY WERE the manufacturer. If anybody should know the MSRP, it should be Porsche. Or are they trying to dump that on Volkswagen A.G. ??

Ansbacher
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 9 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #13

914 Guru

QUOTE(jtprettyman @ Nov 9 2018, 07:47 AM) *

and who in the heck would cut a piece of the quarter panel off to fix the longitudinal and inner wheelhouse? That is just crazy]

<-------- This guy!

ouch I say for your 914

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Nov 9 2018, 10:09 AM
Post #14

TMI....

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Nov 9 2018, 08:45 AM) *

Why is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price listed as "unavailable". After all, THEY WERE the manufacturer. If anybody should know the MSRP, it should be Porsche. Or are they trying to dump that on Volkswagen A.G. ??

Ansbacher

Same reason as most 914s & other early Porsches don't have transmission numbers (mostly on 914s), is that they didn't bother to write it down on the original pen-n-paper Kardex.

What's worse is when they say MSRP unavailable, when the owner provides them with a copy of the Mulroney window sticker - which actually lists the prices of options, base & total with all - I mean really! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

On my COA for the first 2 attempts, they tried to claim that my early 73 2L was first sold in late 74, & that sale was in CT all the way across the country!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Fortunately my older CA DMV Reg cards showed the 1st sale date as 11/9/72, & my VIN sticker was 8/72, & the Chassis No. translates to 8/31/72 - which I told them, but they insisted on keeping it on their 2nd try, even though I'd sent them pix of all 3 items after seeing the 1st erroneous ones & calling them to get it corrected, as well as the pic of my GA engine number before they would list it as a 914-2.0!!

They corrected the 2.0 on #2 - but not the sale date nor interior color error;

then the sale date got corrected on the 3rd try - but not the interior color - & they at least told me that they'd removed the erroneous `74 first sold in CT from their electronic records (I still don't know if they did so);

then the COA manager refused to make any more changes on the int. color to correct it - even with the original Porsche 72, 73, 74 colors docs. with number codes in hand - so that's when I called the GM of Customer Relations to get it corrected on their 4th try - which still doesn't list the included Appearance & Performance Groups as options on the car.

PCNA COA staff are just incompetent & irascible people that don't know the meaning of taking pride in & doing a good job, nor of correcting their errors! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

So why wonder that they don't bother to look up the MSRP on an older P-car - where it might actually be more important to a collector/owner!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

BTW - I think that we may have a few members on here &/or 914 owners that we know from elsewhere from that big Wolsey Fire on the news since last night up in the Agoura, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, etc. & moving towards Malibu. So thoughts & prayers for them after jumping the US 101 4-6 lane freeway this morning.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
David Billo
post Apr 8 2019, 05:23 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 21,625
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 9 2018, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jtprettyman @ Nov 9 2018, 07:47 AM) *

<-------- This guy!

ouch I say for your 914

But, can you do that, and still refer to it as "mint"?

[edit] For clarity, I arrived here from this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=337289
wherein the ebay seller:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=htt...%2F223474853168
refers to the car as "mint".
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Apr 8 2019, 11:01 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

If you own the original window sticker, do even need a COA?
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 8 2019, 11:06 AM
Post #17

914 Guru

no the window sticker tells it all!

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Apr 8 2019, 10:01 AM) *

If you own the original window sticker, do even need a COA?

+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Apr 8 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 8 2018, 12:08 PM) *

Tom
///////

Landfill under a golf course ...who'd a thunk ¿¿ It takes Tom T or other locals that know local stuff ¡¡ There is this hill in Montebello (off the 60) it's a landfill BUT...it will be a BIG diamond one day, wanna buy it ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Apr 8 2019, 11:18 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 12,889

the last 4 digits make this a March or April 1970 production car
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Apr 8 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 17,589

In my experience, COAs from Porsche don't even make good toilet paper. Maybe after WWII, the Germans learned that highly accurate record keeping could often be a liability....

Ansbacher
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:03 PM