Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wiper system install, Re-installing the wiper system - flange & rubber bushing ?
anthwp
post May 22 2019, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,157
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I am reinstalling the wiper system after needing to replace the broken flex bolt / shake proof bolt which had broken. With this I am replacing all of the rubber bushings for the wiper arms.

The question is in the parts list it has a flange washer item 6, followed with two rubber bushings (Female item 7) and (Male item 8 )followed by another flange item 6. Where does these part sit on the arm? Are all 4 parts above the body grill or does a flange with the female bushing sit under the body grill and the two remaining parts the male bushing and the top flange mount outside - on top on the body?

Or does all 4 items mount on top on the body grill ?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914werke
post May 22 2019, 09:52 AM
Post #2

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Group: Members
Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

its a sandwich seal assembly. The chromed(?) "flange" washers capture the M/F rubber seals as they sandwich the cowl to seal the wiper shaft well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 AM