Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official WCR 2020 Info Thread **POSTPONED**, 50 Years of the Porsche 914 in America **READ**
Mike D.
post Feb 11 2020, 03:48 AM
Post #1

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Group: Members
Member No.: 85
Region Association: None

••POSTPONED••

I'm very sorry to announce but Robert and I have made the decision to postpone the WCR 2020. Out of respect for everyones health, finances and this current social climate of "distancing" we thought this to be the best plan for now. Let's face it, no one wants Covid-19, and most of you are older than me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

We plan to reschedule the event for a later date to be determined at another time. Since this is such a new situation it is difficult to predict when we can reschedule but, I promise as soon as that date is decided upon it will be posted here so everyone can re-book the hotel and the good times! And this gives you more time to get your car in peak performance for the event, or maybe just get it running!

I've had several conversations with folks over the last few weeks and really wanted to wait as long as I could before making this decision. Some had concerns, some didn't. I decided to call the Petaluma Chamber of Commerce and the Visitors Bureau. Of course they have concerns and said they would love to have us, but perhaps in Sept. or Oct. I was basically told the list of social events that were already canceled and that they are not sure how much of the city would be open for business in July.

I want everyone to happy, healthy and financially sound for WCR 2020 50th Celebration; mostly HEALTHY.

West Coast Ramble 2020, Celebrating 50 Years of the Porsche 914 in America!
A Week Long Treffen and Weekend in your Porsche 914!

Here’s how it goes!

WCR Weekend 2020 will be held July 16 thru 19 in the Northern California Wine Country of Sonoma! Specifically, Petaluma, California will be the Ramble Site for the weekend. We are still working out many of the details, but this will be a Fun Filled event with 914 friends in the beautiful hills and valleys of Wine Country.

We have picked a Host Hotel based on the best rate, access to restaurants and some great 914 roads in the area. In addition the Lagunitas Brewing Co. is within walking distance and has an awesome beer garden!

Motel 6 Petaluma
1368 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
(707) 765-0333

I know what you’re thinking, “Motel 6?!” But it is Sonoma and it’s been remodeled recently AND has trailer parking! Check it out on Google. And if you have “points” or credit with other hotels there are a few others nearby.

Sorry but there is no group rate. The best they would do is no better than the AAA discount or 10% that you can find online just about all the time. The Hotel management has also informed us that summer time is VERY busy in this part of the state and they will be completely booked for July. So if you think you want to go to WCR book now! If something comes up you can always cancel the reservation or give it to another 914er.

There will be driving tours, Games, Peoples Choice Car Show, Wine tasting tours, Tech session and more! Mark your calendar and make your hotel reservations now!
Donations from Vendors have already started. Event T-shirts will be available, possibly a small swapmeet or an Autocross! Plus, you think you know your 914? Let's find out with a 914 Tech Quiz. We want YOU to be a part of this event. Drive your 914. Pull it in on a trailer. Needs paint? No problem, it runs, right? Tell a friend, Bring a friend!

ADDITIONALLY: A True West Coast Ramble 50 years in America Driving Event!
The week prior to the event we will be offering two separate Treffens or driving tours. Starting July 11 from the Very North (almost) of the West Coast and the Very South (almost) of the West Coast, two groups of 914s will drive some of the greatest roads in the Western coastal states and meet up together Wednesday, July 15th and roll into Petaluma on Thursday the 16th for WCR 2020! More info for Hotels/Locations Coming soon!

I know we are getting off to a bit of a late start but with the Rt66 in May and PCA Porsche Parade in June we felt July would give people a chance to bounce back, repair and upgrade their 914s and do it all over again!

Registration info will come later once the final details have been booked.

NEWS
Hello Everybody, with everything that's going right now and everything being canceled or postponed due to virus quarantine, I'd like to say that as of right now we are still planning on having a WCR in July on the original dates. It is still 4 months out and planning is moving forward.

I feel that if this hasn't blown over or lightened up by July we'll all have bigger fish to fry than car club weekend. However keep checking back here for any updates or news on WCR.
Perhaps by July you'll be looking forward to a get away with 914 friends!

MORE NEWS
The Treffen tour from the south is just about set and I'll get the Hotel info out there as soon as possible. In a couple of weeks after we see what happens with the toilet paper industry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The PNW tour has not been planned, we have unfortunately lost our tour guide to other commitments. If anyone would like to pick up the reigns and continue to plan this portion of the event please let me know.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 11 2020, 09:44 AM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Hot Damn! Count me in, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) It all happens at one of these events. Looking forward to another one of your great WCR's Mike. Thanks for putting this on.
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Feb 11 2020, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,596

I am in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Feb 11 2020, 09:47 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

I'm in Petaluma, just a couple miles from the Motel. I have space for a couple car trailers, if anyone would prefer parking them here. I could also host a motor home (dry camping) if anyone is planning on that sort of thing.

Let me know and see you in July! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

UPDATE:

If anyone wants to park a trailer here for the week and then drive the entire event, that'll work, too. Just let me know when you plan to arrive.
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Feb 11 2020, 10:17 AM
Post #5

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 11 2020, 07:47 AM) *

I'm in Petaluma, just a couple miles from the Motel. I have space for a couple car trailers, if anyone would prefer parking them here. I could also host a motor home (dry camping) if anyone is planning on that sort of thing.

Chris-

God willing, I can't miss this year's WCR. If okay, I'll take one of your trailer spaces. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Let me know,

Oscar
+Quote Post
wes
post Feb 11 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #6

wes

Member No.: 8,436

Wow that’s practically in my backyard. Can’t wait to hear the details on the driving tours.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Feb 11 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I am looking forward to being there- hopefully with my Six. Should be a blast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
FL000
post Feb 11 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,076

Sounds awesome - I'm in +1
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Feb 11 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 11 2020, 08:17 AM) *

Chris-

God willing, I can't miss this year's WCR. If okay, I'll take one of your trailer spaces. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Let me know,

Oscar

@ValcoOscar - Done! We can coordinate on your arrival once we get closer to the date.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 11 2020, 11:05 AM
Post #10

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

Giddy Up.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Feb 11 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I might be able to make it - so I booked a room (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Feb 11 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #12

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

In (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Feb 11 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Who's planning the tour from the north?
+Quote Post
9one4tay
post Feb 11 2020, 12:30 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 23,825

Im in! Anyone interested in caravanning up from the Santa Cruz area, or maybe meet at Canepa?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mike D.
post Feb 11 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #15

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Member No.: 85

Thank You Tygaboy! I knew you were up in the area, Robert or I would have been contacting you anyway! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

UPDATE:

If anyone wants to park a trailer here for the week and then drive the entire event, that'll work, too. Just let me know when you plan to arrive.

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 11 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #16

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 11 2020, 01:48 AM) *
... Treffin ...

@Mike D

My OCD is screaming at me right now, please use the correct German spelling!

Treffen

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Feb 11 2020, 01:38 PM
Post #17

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

Awesome

except for the 10hr direct drive from Vegas

Post up the way to stops quick pronto like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Feb 11 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

I am in for this.

Question about hotel nighttime parking security. Last year Oscar footed the bill for this. I for one felt very secure knowing our cars were being looked out for.
Please look into the cost for this as we should all provide the monies needed for a little piece of mind.
I know Petaluma is a very low crime city but just google how many cars get stolen every year on the Hot Rod Power tour..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Last year a guy got his classic 356 stolen from a Nor Cal car show...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 11 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #19

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

Room booked ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Motel 6 Petaluma
1368 N Mcdowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA, 94954 United States of America

Check-in, Thu, Jul 16
Check-in time starts at 3 PM

Check-out, Sun, Jul 19
11 AM

+Quote Post
Coondog
post Feb 11 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Booked, saved 50 bucks going through Expedia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:55 AM