Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: New PMB front 5 lug rotors (((SOLD)))
Nacho
post Feb 25 2020, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,716
Region Association: None

Front 5 lug conversion rotors with bearings & seals for late model 914. New & never mounted. $400 + shipping.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nacho
post Feb 26 2020, 11:04 AM
Post #2

Need some help with my pricing? I listed this for $400 thinking it's half the kit from PMB so I went with a little less than half the price of the full kit. Is my price still to high?
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 26 2020, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

PMB does show $795 for the front and back sets with bearings for front and rotors so it just may be no one needs them right now . if I have a new not used part I am re'selling I usually start at about cost me minus 10%, so all you can do is lower it until you get interest or wait a bit. I have that exact conversion kit on my car and the rotors are going to last a long time as I don't drive the car very much, only about 5k miles since putting them on a few years back, but I will eventually get a second set of rotors, thing is that just rotors are like only $82 a pair right now onsale, so if you don't need the bearings or studs and just have to drill the rotors for 5 lugs its hard to justify another $300 more I think, maybe I am wrong.
Give it some time. Why are you not selling the rears and fronts as a set, you might get more interest with a full set.

GLWTS though.

Phil
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Feb 26 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I'd be game at $410 shipped double boxed & bubble wrapped to prevent rotors from blowing out a single box job. That is DRPHIL's -10% to $360 + $50 for shipping. I've shipped similar weight components double boxed and it typically runs $50-60 UPS insured.

I can machine my own rotors so my math is $100 each rotor, bearings+seal = $200 raw material costs.

The other $200 would be my time saved to layout 2 rotors, drill, and tap + cost of studs.

I'm not in desperate need timing wise so if someone else wants to step up at full cost I understand completely.
+Quote Post
Nacho
post Feb 26 2020, 03:12 PM
Post #5

@DRAPHIL914 thanks for the information. Interesting on the $82 per pair. The last time I called PMB they didn't list replacement re-drill 5 lug rotors. I was given a price of rotor cost + $250 for the machining and taping per side. As for the rear porting of this kit, I'm goin to be using it on my car once I get to building . I'm now going to install 911 front suspension instead. Again thanks for the information very much appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

-Nacho
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 26 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #6

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Nacho @ Feb 26 2020, 04:12 PM) *

@DRAPHIL914 thanks for the information. Interesting on the $82 per pair. The last time I called PMB they didn't list replacement re-drill 5 lug rotors. I was given a price of rotor cost + $250 for the machining and taping per side. As for the rear porting of this kit, I'm goin to be using it on my car once I get to building . I'm now going to install 911 front suspension instead. Again thanks for the information very much appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

-Nacho

$82 per pair is the 4-lug on sale not machined
So you are right, they charge a pretty penny for that machining which really was set up years ago when we did a group buy. That expend has been recoup the set up for doing that a long time a go , and usually our venders like 914rubber pass that savings on to the members here.
We have a local shop here that can dril and tap them for a lot less than $200 a side! Sorry I didn’t mean to mislead. I do think eventually I will try and get the 911 conversion front end with 911 hubs calipers etc but I’ve been happy with this system so for anyone considering doing this conversion it’s so easy to do.!
Happy selling!

Phil
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Feb 26 2020, 05:26 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Unless I'm misreading PMB's website its not $82 per pair, it is $82 each for the unmachined late front rotors. Thats $164/pair and then you need to add in bearings + seals.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 26 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 26 2020, 06:26 PM) *

Unless I'm misreading PMB's website its not $82 per pair, it is $82 each for the unmachined late front rotors. Thats $164/pair and then you need to add in bearings + seals.

$82 each sounds right. Rotors are not usually sold in pairs.

After working at a bunch of different small businesses, I’m hesitant to judge how someone makes their “profit”, There are so many cost just to open the door and turn on the lights, let alone sell a product or service. It’s way more involved than most people could imagine.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:13 AM