Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fasten your seatbelt + turnsignal dash lights
dax1969
post Apr 8 2020, 03:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Hi there, hope you're all safe and healthy...

I am still working on my dashlights of my 1974 and I have (again) some questions.

With the ignition on my fasten your seatbelt light comes on but it also flashes together with my left/right turnsignals and hazard lights. I also have no left/right green arrow on the dash of my turnsignals (right one show a very weak blinking).
I installed a new flasher relay and the only improvement I have is that I know have the blue high beam light. Unfortunately I could only get hold of the URO aftermarket part and someone suggested they can go bad. I will install an OEM one once Porsche shop is back in business. (btw, which brand is the OEM flasher relay ? Wehrle, Hella ? branded as Porsche ?).

I also don't have the handbrake light on the dash.... I'll put a new switch and start fm there. Is there a way to test the switch ? Would door switches/interior lights (also not working) have any effect on the above ?

Fuses (jwest fusebox)are ok and all ground have been cleaned.

thks yr help and apologies for my perhaps stupid questions

Dax
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Apr 8 2020, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Yes, those aftermarket flasher relays are all over the place; no two (even from the same producer) work the same way in my '74. They seem to cause the most problems in 74s for some reason.
NOS units are hard to find; wasn't aware that Porsche was making them; I think the older ones were made by Hella (Porsche part #914 618 303 11 or VW part #022-479-01; mine works best with ones having the Hella TBB264DB designation).
BTW, "OEM" isn't OEM as we know it - it's a Chinese brand with the German flag as its logo - there was a thread about that about 2 weeks ago.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:09 PM