Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FOUND sun visors OEM quality these are great
Medtner3
post Oct 20 2021, 11:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,467
Region Association: None

If you need sun visors I highly recommend them they were $151: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194309773563

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Oct 20 2021, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,589

Sounds like the man knows what he wants! Does anybody have a time machine they can loan him so he can go back to the 1970s in search of perfect sun visors? Good hunting and good luck.

Ansbacher
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Oct 21 2021, 10:41 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 20 2021, 07:21 PM) *

Sounds like the man knows what he wants! Does anybody have a time machine they can loan him so he can go back to the 1970s in search of perfect sun visors? Good hunting and good luck.

Ansbacher

I figured comments like yours were limited to a great place like Facebook. Clearly you have never put in the hours of time and effort and hard work to do something right
+Quote Post
DC_neun_vierzehn
post Oct 21 2021, 02:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 24,893
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I think what he is trying to say is that the inside 50 year old padding of the original visors deteriorate into dust. I've never heard of anybody having original visors that weren't sagging.

Have you considered restoring a pair of originals rather than going aftermarket? Might be your only hope. There might be a way to carefully open an original visor and perform surgery.
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Oct 21 2021, 02:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 21 2021, 03:16 PM) *

I think what he is trying to say is that the inside 50 year old padding of the original visors deteriorate into dust. I've never heard of anybody having original visors that weren't sagging.

Have you considered restoring a pair of originals rather than going aftermarket? Might be your only hope. There might be a way to carefully open an original visor and perform surgery.

" unless they are restored to original quality, ie, no stitching, same heat shrink, same mirror, same map pocket, same vinyl.

this is difficult since any original sun visors are likely damaged like mine, however, this is what I am looking for either undamaged originals or matching"

I may have found a pair today They are being shipped to me so I will judge when I get them thanks
+Quote Post
burton73
post Oct 21 2021, 02:58 PM
Post #6

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

I sold a par like you are asking for a month ago to one of our members. From a 1970 car and as you can see there was no mirror just a pocket. Shown are pictures of the ones that I sold!

I have the set that was on my 6 number 41 and I will need to get a photo to see what they look like before they get recovered in Leather so they match every part of my custom interion.

There are parts out there. Question is the texture the same on all years on the vinyl parts. I have a set of new ones from 914rubber that are outstanding. There newest ones are very nice.

Both sets are from early 1970 cars.

Bob B
Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=812
048]

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Oct 21 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 18,984

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 20 2021, 04:21 PM) *

Ansbacher

I have one you can borrow but it needs new visors
+Quote Post
Jett
post Oct 21 2021, 09:00 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) yes, hard to find a set of perfect, but over the last five years we have stumbled across two sets, one great shape and the other NOS. They are out there but the materials had to be stored in perfect conditions…

Neither set are for sale.

Bought the drivers side off eBay earlier this year.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Oct 21 2021, 10:38 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 21 2021, 12:41 PM) *

Ansbacher

I figured comments like yours were limited to a great place like Facebook. Clearly you have never put in the hours of time and effort and hard work to do something right

And clearly you have no sense of humor.

Ansbacher
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Oct 22 2021, 12:57 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 21 2021, 11:38 PM) *

Ansbacher

Ansbacher

I thought it was funny too just mishandled your post and I had lost my sense of humor because my previous post a few weeks back I had already had four members here try to sell me visors that were all damaged and worse than my own, and another guy trying to scam me with a set from 914Rubber (nothing against them at all they're great) but this guy concealed pictures and information and then was a jerk simply because I declined to buy from him. Nothing personal just trying to get good visors. I was trying to make clear that I do not want someone else's junk
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 22 2021, 03:17 PM
Post #11

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Show us what you found! We love photos of the holy grail parts.
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Oct 22 2021, 06:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 22 2021, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 21 2021, 11:38 PM) *

Ansbacher

Ansbacher

I thought it was funny too just mishandled your post and I had lost my sense of humor because my previous post a few weeks back I had already had four members here try to sell me visors that were all damaged and worse than my own, and another guy trying to scam me with a set from 914Rubber (nothing against them at all they're great) but this guy concealed pictures and information and then was a jerk simply because I declined to buy from him. Nothing personal just trying to get good visors. I was trying to make clear that I do not want someone else's junk

Thanks for the explanation. No hard feelings and good luck in your search.

Ansbacher
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 23 2021, 05:13 AM
Post #13

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

@Medtner3 - Please let us know about the ones you found/bought. They look good in the link you provided. I am looking for a set for my 914-6. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Oct 23 2021, 03:08 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 23 2021, 06:13 AM) *

@Medtner3 - Please let us know about the ones you found/bought. They look good in the link you provided. I am looking for a set for my 914-6. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

okay I put the ebay link to the ones I bought and will get them in 10 days to two weeks I will let you know if they are correct
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Dec 4 2021, 09:06 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 20 2021, 11:04 AM) *

If you need sun visors I highly recommend them they were $151: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194309773563

Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914ltd
post Dec 7 2021, 10:56 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 581

A few years ago (yea, big help) there was an article in Pano or Excellence of a guy who restored his 356 visors. They looked great.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 7 2021, 02:55 PM
Post #17

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Curious about a feature of the new sunvisors you found, the close-up photos look excellent. What mechanism is used to hold the mirror flap closed? Magnets? Velcro?
+Quote Post
cause
post Dec 7 2021, 03:28 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 25,514

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 7 2021, 03:55 PM) *

Curious about a feature of the new sunvisors you found, the close-up photos look excellent. What mechanism is used to hold the mirror flap closed? Magnets? Velcro?

its magnets. They made a coupon code in a FB group and I took a gamble on them since I bought my car without visors. Pleasantly surprised with the quality and shipping speed. I almost bought some during the black friday sale, but couldnt justify to myself spending like $300 on visors, so getting these with the clips was a huge relief.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Dec 7 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #19

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

Just purchased a pair on eBay from Bamboli made in Turkey. Ordered them on Monday, being delivered on Thursday. $113.00 shipped. No mirrors. No need, as I don't wear make up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Dec 7 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #20

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

Just purchased a pair on eBay from Bamboli made in Turkey. Ordered them on Monday, being delivered on Thursday. $113.00 shipped. No mirrors. No need, as I don't wear make up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:01 AM