Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hydraulic Clutch
sharper
post Oct 21 2021, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 789
Region Association: South East States

I want to convert over to a hydraulic clutch as I believe it will make for easier shifting and driving. I have a 915 transmission in mine and the pedal likes to "spring" back at me right when the clutch is engaging. I've read some post in here from a few years back and it seems I need some brackets to support the master and slave cylinders. As I do not have the tools to create these, I was wondering if anyone knew of a source that I could purchase them from (or maybe has some laying around?).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post Oct 21 2021, 01:01 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(sharper @ Oct 21 2021, 11:18 AM) *

I want to convert over to a hydraulic clutch as I believe it will make for easier shifting and driving. I have a 915 transmission in mine and the pedal likes to "spring" back at me right when the clutch is engaging. I've read some post in here from a few years back and it seems I need some brackets to support the master and slave cylinders. As I do not have the tools to create these, I was wondering if anyone knew of a source that I could purchase them from (or maybe has some laying around?).

Does your pedal have the clutch return spring and omega spring on the trans? I have this setup on my 915 and makes the clutch more of a on and off switch.
There was someone in the past that was making the bracket for the "Master" hydraulic cylinder. The rear looked more simpler. Do a search.
Here is one link.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...75785&st=0#
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 21 2021, 01:21 PM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Ross Nellums had a bunch of the MC brackets made awhile back. He is on Facebook a lot. Someone sells the pull type slave cylinder and brackets but damned if I can remember the guy's name. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
FL000
post Oct 22 2021, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,076

You can also try @dwillouby for the brackets. I got a set from him for my M/C but went a another route for the trans; not sure what the differences are for 901 vs 915 slave adapter.

You can also checkout my thread for what I did for my clutch master. Starts around post 117.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...311&st=100#

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:12 PM