Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> wishful thinking/torcher Lol!
jkb081
post Nov 26 2021, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,018
Region Association: Northern California

Torcher is having a "Teener" that runs, but you can't drive it! All I can do is sit here and look at it. Back story: I owned a 76 about 8/9 years ago. Loved it!! Had to sell for economic reasons. Was a member back then as well. Present day: purchased a 73 last month. Rust bucket!! engine sounds great! starts right up. Shifter is stiff. I can go around the block with no problems. Reason I can't drive it further is because 1.) right side tail lights do not work. Brake lights are pretty important. 2.) throttle slightly sticks, have to use my toe to bring pedal back. 3.) Top will probably get sucked off by the wind if I went over 40 miles an hour! Lol! But its my rust bucket and I love it! Got laid off three weeks ago, so no funds to get car road worthy at the moment. Anyway, just rambling. Ive seen some really beautiful cars here. Hoping things will turn around for the better for me soon so I can go for a real drive! First drive will be down Highway 1(Pacific Coast Highway)from San Francisco to Santa Cruz!! Wish all of you the best and a pleasant Holiday Season!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Nov 26 2021, 05:54 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Puebloswatcop
post Nov 26 2021, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,258
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(jkb081 @ Nov 26 2021, 04:15 PM) *

Torcher is having a "Teener" that runs, but you can't drive it! All I can do is sit here and look at it. Back story: I owned a 76 about 8/9 years ago. Loved it!! Had to sell for economic reasons. Was a member back then as well. Present day: purchased a 73 last month. Rust bucket!! engine sounds great! starts right up. Shifter is stiff. I can go around the block with no problems. Reason I can't drive it further is because 1.) right side tail lights do not work. Brake lights are pretty important. 2.) throttle slightly sticks, have to use my toe to bring pedal back. 3.) Top will probably get sucked off by the wind if I went over 40 miles an hour! Lol! But its my rust bucket and I love it! Got laid off three weeks ago, so no funds to get car road worthy at the moment. Anyway, just rambling. Ive seen some really beautiful cars here. Hoping things will turn around for the better for me soon so I can go for a real drive! First drive will be down Highway 1(Pacific Coast Highway)from San Francisco to Santa Cruz!! Wish all of you the best and a pleasant Holiday Season!

Welcome Back! I know how you feel. Had mine in the garage for near 10 years before getting to do any appreciable work on it. Be patient, things will get better and you'll have something to be proud of in the end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Nov 26 2021, 06:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Best wishes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Van B
post Nov 26 2021, 06:45 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

Welcome back! Hope you can find another job soon now that you have an excuse to spend all your money!
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Nov 26 2021, 06:47 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

legit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
jagalyn
post Nov 26 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #7

True Patina

Member No.: 5,503

Man, feeling for you. Looking forward to your post about your drive down Hwy 1. Best wishes.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Nov 26 2021, 07:06 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Welcome back. There's so many things that you can work on that won't cost anything. Tp start with you can take thing apart and clean them up. The throttle cable might just just need a little cleaning and lube Inspecting electrical can take YEARS.

Welcome back
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Nov 26 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

Run a couple temporary wires over from the working brake light and get the other brake light working. Run a larger return spring in the engine compartment to pull the throttle closed. Pull the top off and go for a drive. Welcome back!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jkb081
post Nov 26 2021, 11:59 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 26,018

QUOTE(Shivers @ Nov 26 2021, 08:10 PM) *

Run a couple temporary wires over from the working brake light and get the other brake light working. Run a larger return spring in the engine compartment to pull the throttle closed. Pull the top off and go for a drive. Welcome back!

That sounds like excellent advice! Thanks. I have been vacuuming out about 10 pounds of leaves out of the engine compartment. Also wiping down and cleaning everything I can reach. Used break cleaner and wire rush to scrub bottom of engine to help find leaks. And so on… still relaxing to just tinker around. Think I’ll go around the block a few more times!!
+Quote Post
Jett
post Dec 2 2021, 09:30 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Good luck and best wishes!

Post pics please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Dec 2 2021, 11:25 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 18,984

Who needs a top for driving down the 1 anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 3 2021, 07:24 AM
Post #13

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) More accurately, Welcome Back! You got a great year and the rest of it is just time and work sprinkled with some money. At least you got to drive it a little and it runs. Post some pictures when you can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 AM