Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Progress Report - All closed up
pfreiburger
post Jan 26 2022, 01:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,738
Region Association: None

Roofing & soffits are done - All windows & doors are in, so the snow now stays outside. I have not spent much time out there as I got sick on New Years day - yup Covid. Doing fine but still recovering.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Everything I am having the contractor do is done inside, when he gets back from Florida next week he will do the siding.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

My electrician put the ceiling lights in the shop half today, when he finishes up the bay side next week it will be time for me to start the insulation and drywall for the ceiling. After I get that finished I will hang the heater and then the plumber can come back to finish the plumbing & rough in's. All things considered, things are going very well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freezin 914
post Jan 26 2022, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,687
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The garage looks great, have to admit might be a bit jealous! Looking at building a shop space this spring/summer if things go well.
I’m located just down the road in Sheboygan. Nice to see another local world member. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Jan 26 2022, 12:20 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
Such a nice/big space! Love the attic storage too.
+Quote Post
DBF
post Jan 26 2022, 12:34 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 25,865

Looks good. Looks like yours will be all weather with a heater. I'm near Madison, and wishing I had more insulation and a heater in the garage so could be working on my cars today. It needs to be in the 30's outside my garage in order to be comfortable inside mine. Enjoy!
+Quote Post
DBF
post Jan 26 2022, 12:35 PM
Post #5

Going to add air conditioning too?
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Jan 26 2022, 01:06 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Apologize if I missed it elsewhere. What is the footprint?

I'm looking to build in the coming year. Like your mix of floor space, extended ceiling, and attic space. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jan 26 2022, 02:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Awesome - both the garage and you’re getting better/living. Onward!
+Quote Post
pfreiburger
post Jan 26 2022, 10:42 PM
Post #8

Thanks all for the encouragement!

Freezin 914 – You should absolutely bring your 914 over for a visit when the weather gets better. Would love to see it and show you the shop.

DBF – Air conditioning would be nice, may be a future add when I get everything else paid for. Madison is only an hour and a half away, you, Freezin & I could have a local 914 get together!

Superhawk996 – No problem, it is 39’ wide by 40’ long. 4 more square feet and I would have been in violation of the local ordinance.

May get into the mid-20’s tomorrow, hopefully I will have the electrical done by the weekend.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jan 27 2022, 09:42 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Looks great and am sure you are happy that it is closed up!

For the floor we had a company sand and polish, and turned out well.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jan 27 2022, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 27 2022, 09:42 AM) *

Looks great and am sure you are happy that it is closed up!

For the floor we had a company sand and polish, and turned out well.

That looks incredible.... but it is going to be slicker than snot on ice if it gets wet.

Clay

+Quote Post
mlindner
post Jan 27 2022, 03:38 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 13,770

Looks great. You will need to do an open house this summer for the local PCA regions. Mark from Central Wis Region.
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Jan 27 2022, 03:42 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,770

PS, the only thing I would have different is a full set of steps Up. Like in the corner. Under the steps is a great place for the fridge. The upper storage will be used a lot. Mark
+Quote Post
pfreiburger
post Jan 27 2022, 10:36 PM
Post #13

Jett – Man, that floor is beautiful. I have been thinking about an epoxy coating, but that is something to consider.

mlindner – I would love to do that, will see when I get the inside finished. Yeah, I thought about a staircase, but in the end decided to try this first. I just did not want to take up the floor space as I expect it will fill up fast when I start bringing equipment in. Also, I had the folding stairway already from a long-ago project. I can always change it later.

The electrician just finished up – I now have lights & one more thing off the list.
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Jan 27 2022, 10:50 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

Congratulations! My wife would never see me. By the time I got this car done she'd have me declared legally dead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jan 28 2022, 09:48 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Jan 27 2022, 08:36 PM) *

Jett – Man, that floor is beautiful. I have been thinking about an epoxy coating, but that is something to consider.

mlindner – I would love to do that, will see when I get the inside finished. Yeah, I thought about a staircase, but in the end decided to try this first. I just did not want to take up the floor space as I expect it will fill up fast when I start bringing equipment in. Also, I had the folding stairway already from a long-ago project. I can always change it later.

The electrician just finished up – I now have lights & one more thing off the list.

@pfreiburger we did an epoxy (with acrylic chips) finish on the main garage and liked it. We really like the Costco look, but was about the same price per sqft. We went with polish because the garage sits on some damp ground and did not want to deal with lift issues down the road.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DBF
post Jan 28 2022, 06:44 PM
Post #16

It looks like there a bunch of 914 owners within an hour or so of you. An open house and ride through the Kettle Moraine area would be fun when the salt is off the road.
+Quote Post
pfreiburger
post Jan 28 2022, 06:46 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 28 2022, 09:48 AM) *

@pfreiburger we did an epoxy (with acrylic chips) finish on the main garage and liked it. We really like the Costco look, but was about the same price per sqft. We went with polish because the garage sits on some damp ground and did not want to deal with lift issues down the road.

That is what I was thinking about for the floor. My building is on very dry ground (a lot of ledge rock in fact) so would be fine with the epoxy. That garage looks beautiful, would like to see more of it.

The 914 is awesome also - I don't see that color a lot but I would love it on one of my own cars.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jan 28 2022, 10:23 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Jan 28 2022, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 28 2022, 09:48 AM) *

That is what I was thinking about for the floor. My building is on very dry ground (a lot of ledge rock in fact) so would be fine with the epoxy. That garage looks beautiful, would like to see more of it.

The 914 is awesome also - I don't see that color a lot but I would love it on one of my own cars.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. The acrylic chips are very solid and come in a variety of coloe and if dry, I would use it.

I’ll share some pics when the garage is done, but it’s more like a house than garage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 28 2022, 10:45 PM
Post #19

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mlindner @ Jan 27 2022, 04:42 PM) *

PS, the only thing I would have different is a full set of steps Up. Like in the corner. Under the steps is a great place for the fridge. The upper storage will be used a lot. Mark

I pulled out my cheap attic steps and put in a set from fast stairs .com it turned the attic storage into a useful second floor. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
Here’s a poor shot of the stairs and my start at the attic conversion.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
pfreiburger
post Jan 29 2022, 09:39 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 28 2022, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mlindner @ Jan 27 2022, 04:42 PM) *

I pulled out my cheap attic steps and put in a set from fast stairs .com it turned the attic storage into a useful second floor. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
Here’s a poor shot of the stairs and my start at the attic conversion.

Very nice, looks like that works great for your bikes! Like the floor idea also. Are all the bikes yours or do you have a business starting?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:23 AM