Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Driving light questions ?, trying to sort non-running issue with Pilot lights.
porschetub
post May 8 2022, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Bought a set of these years ago got them mounted but never got them working after fixing old fog light wiring.
A few questions ;
Looking along left to right with the fuse board mounted which is the relay for these ?
On a USA spec car what function of the light triggers the relay....I'am thinking low beam but not sure ? ,the compliance police in my country the rule used to be activation only on high beam from the light switch,and the driving lights need to be controlled via a switch which my car obviously has.
Have done research and found some helpful info but still just trying to clear up a few things.
TIA ,as really need to sort as I'am going to go nuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 8 2022, 05:09 PM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Going? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Try this here.
It tells you how to look for the relay near the bottom of the page.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 8 2022, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Driving lights, switch pulled out, headlights on low beam.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post May 8 2022, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(porschetub @ May 9 2022, 10:55 AM) *

Bought a set of these years ago got them mounted but never got them working after fixing old fog light wiring.
A few questions ;
Looking along left to right with the fuse board mounted which is the relay for these ?
On a USA spec car what function of the light triggers the relay....I'am thinking low beam but not sure ? ,the compliance police in my country the rule used to be activation only on high beam from the light switch,and the driving lights need to be controlled via a switch which my car obviously has.
Have done research and found some helpful info but still just trying to clear up a few things.
TIA ,as really need to sort as I'am going to go nuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks Mark I remember that article but couldn't find it as I came upon it when I bought the Pilot lights,bloody Haynes manual is no good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .
Rich yep thought that was the way,cheers.
I have researched a bit more and think its an earth issue as I believe it is wrong ,if my relay is ok I reckon I should have control from the high beam as my car was imported to my country and would have to be complied that way.
Cheers will report back.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post May 9 2022, 08:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(porschetub @ May 9 2022, 04:04 PM) *

A few questions ;

Thanks Mark I remember that article but couldn't find it as I came upon it when I bought the Pilot lights,bloody Haynes manual is no good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .
I have researched a bit more and think its an earth issue as I believe it is wrong ,if my relay is ok I reckon I should have control from the high beam as my car was imported to my country and would have to be complied that way.
Cheers will report back.

Found the wiring using that article Mark supplied,found relay buggered and swapped out from my extensive stock but it appears that I have no connection to trigger it so need to pull some dash switches and have a poke around which is a PITA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .
+Quote Post
porschetub
post May 22 2022, 02:03 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(porschetub @ May 10 2022, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ May 9 2022, 04:04 PM) *

A few questions ;

Cheers will report back.

Found the wiring using that article Mark supplied,found relay buggered and swapped out from my extensive stock but it appears that I have no connection to trigger it so need to pull some dash switches and have a poke around which is a PITA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) found the issue after pissing around in the wrong direction (as you do ) black wire to 56a wasn't connected on the 11 pin light switch...all is golden now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) .
Fog lights or in my case driving lights work as per factory spec so well pleased with these units.

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 23 2022, 06:57 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Congratulations. This is a terrific community and I especially appreciate when the OP posts the solution so we all learn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:17 PM