Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.0 Fuchs before and after Al Reed, Al Reed does excellent work!!!
Mueller
post Aug 23 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

pretty.....

now to help protect them from brake dust and other harmfull stuff, any special wax or protectant???

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Engman
post Aug 23 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #22

Zoisite

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 475

Wow! What a change!

Now I know where to send the other set I have!

Doug - couple questions

Topcoating these?

Did you get your heater parts - and were they OK?

Put the new fuse panel in yet?

M
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Aug 23 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 178

Al is the king of bling. Pure eye candy. He will clear coat any wheel for a small extra charge, I've heard it doesn't change the appearance much at all and stands up pretty good.
I didn't get my fuchs clear coated but they stil shine pretty darn good after two years. I spend about 5 minutes a month per wheel polishing them with wenol blue. it has wax in it that helps protect the metal. Gud stuff.

I remember getting kicked out of Harvey's in the 80's, I remember behaving in Angel's in the 90's, but I've heard a rumor it is now Sugar's.
Maybe I'll have to do a drive by to confirm. It's only a mile and a half from the house (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Doug Leggins
post Aug 23 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 261

I'm not sure what to do about a topcoat. It sound like Sammy has good experience with using wenol blue. If I can find it might give it a try.

I didn't know about the clear coat option.

Any other suggestions on proper topcoating of polished Fuchs?

I just called Al's shop. Info from Diane at Al's shop - Use windex and pledge. NEVER clean wheels when they are hot! Stay away from wheel cleaners that have harsh chemicals. Use cleaners that are designed for raw aluminum only. Mother's makes one that works well and a product called Extreme Metal Polish works well.

Mark - I did get the heater parts. They look great! I really need to post more pics.

I did not get to the fuse panel yet.
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Aug 23 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 178

LOL I remember Al telling me to use Pledge but i thot he was pulling my leg.
+Quote Post
3liter914-6
post Aug 23 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #26

Master of Clueless Posts

Member No.: 1,238
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Aug 23 2005, 01:58 PM)
I'm not sure what to do about a topcoat. It sound like Sammy has good experience with using wenol blue. If I can find it might give it a try.

I didn't know about the clear coat option.

Any other suggestions on proper topcoating of polished Fuchs?

All the hotrod guys talk about a product called Zoops seal. I don't really know the technical details, but it apparently soaks into the open pores of the aluminum and seals them from air preventing dulling and oxidation for up to a year or more depending upon use and environment.

Next time I fire up the mothers to bring the shine back out on my fuchs, I'm thinking I'll give it a try. Although, after who knows how many years of being polished without a clearcoat (at least 6 since I got them), my 5-lug fuchs still shine up nice and pretty with just quick hit of the mothers.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 23 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #27

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

damn doug those look sweeet!!!!
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Aug 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 4,634

Here is a before pic of mine, before I put them on the car, ha, ha. I swear these things don't look like they were on and off the car more than once or twice. The guy had his original rims stolen, and he went and got these to replace them, then barely used them because he was rolling on the steel wheels while waiting for the dealer to hook him up. My brother uses Zoop on his Harley's chrome, seems to work well; I would rather do this than clear coat, as it tends to chip eventually. I am going to get some aluminum polish and detail these a bit today, the old fashioned way, with a rag and some sore fingers. I know that is the hard way, but it is very therapeutic for me. BTW, this is the worst one of the 5. Damn I have a crappy camera, what to you want for a giveaway.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 01:33 PM