Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT:Inheritance, freind getting shafted by bro/sis., how to ensure it's fair split??
Borderline
post Feb 3 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,577
Region Association: Northern California

Are you sure that there is no living trust? If the brother is the executor, it sounds like a living trust. If they go through probate the lawyers will get everything anyway!!! My mother-in-law passed away a little over a year ago and my wife was the executor for the living trust. She split everything evenly with her siblings. Everything went smoothly....no lawyers. I would think that the case of a living trust gives the executor the most opportunity to screw the others as there are no lawyers and no judge. I think you need more info. Good luck to your friend.

Bill
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 8 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Borderline @ Feb 3 2006, 10:06 PM)
Are you sure that there is no living trust?

update...yes, there is a living trust...the "friend" is my father-in-law, just didn't want the wife seeing this thread 1st without me telling her (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

good news, things are going a little more smoothly than we thought it would, the lawyer is doing his job to ensure things will be split as evenly as possible.....some of the other family members might be getting into a little hot water, rumors of them raiding bank accounts before the reading of the will/trust and them not knowing beforehand that the lawyer will be on the lookout for cr@p like that.....

Instead of selling thier property, they'll split it evenly, nice thing about that is that my father-in-law should be getting a really cool old Victorian house in the Oakland hills with a view of the Bay Area.....needs a bunch of work to remodel it (not in liveable condition right now), but I'm looking forward to it, I enjoyed working on our Victorian style house we had a few years ago (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 8 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #23

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

ah, the old "satisfaction of heir" syndrome. let the sweating begin.

k
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 8 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #24

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

....might be getting into a little hot water....

More like deep shit (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Feb 8 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #25

Small Member

Member No.: 633

I had a discussion about this type of thing last night. I grew up with Skip Dorsey - grandson of Tommy Dorsey. His father (Tom Dorsey Jr) was the famous band leaders first born. However, Tommy Dorsey remaried twice and was not the best about keeping in touch with those that didn't currently live with him. When he died, his current wife got everthing. She and her two kids blew it all - even sold off his trombones and all of the memorabilia that they had (remember, Sinatra and Buddy Rich got their starts with Tommy Dorsey). This stuff would be worth a fortune today.

Skips dad recently bought a Buddy Rich calf skin drum head with the "TD" logo from a collector. This drum head used to hang above his fathers desk when he was a little kid. Kinda crazy.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:04 PM