Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Restoration Design, Trying to contact
cantley914
post Mar 5 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #21

Pipeline surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,210

QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 5 2007, 05:22 PM) *

dr914, You are THE biggest loser on the frickin planet. The fact that you are slinging shit at one of your vendors and questioning people buying from Bill shows you have some major league brass balls. You can say that you really DO try here, but it's just the same old BS. I would rather walk to Michigan through broken glass to buy from Bill before I would deal with you.

Here's my comment......"I" have never bought from AA.....I have heard the stories AND have suffered the minmum wage dork abuse from his minions.

George is making an effort.....he DID NOT jump in immediately and say...HEY, I got that.....

The original poster is in a bind....IF George can match the price and help the guy out...where's the harm? It's a community thing......

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Long life to the teeners !

Steph
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 6 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #22

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

I understand that the original poster is in a bind and it is unfortunate that Bill's business practice leaves people to think he doesn't care. But, that is the way he has always operated, no excuses, no flunkies making promises they can't keep, etc.
My problem with George on this topic is that he could have simply said that a reminder to the cummunity, that he and Dave at GPR stock all replacement panels. Instead, he gets on his arrogant soapbox to question whether people should buy from RD and to boast how he designed the panels for Bill. Please is he now telling us in his free time he designed the 914 for Porsche.

T.C.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Mar 6 2007, 07:47 AM
Post #23

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 6 2007, 03:17 AM) *

I understand that the original poster is in a bind and it is unfortunate that Bill's business practice leaves people to think he doesn't care. But, that is the way he has always operated, no excuses, no flunkies making promises they can't keep, etc.
My problem with George on this topic is that he could have simply said that a reminder to the cummunity, that he and Dave at GPR stock all replacement panels. Instead, he gets on his arrogant soapbox to question whether people should buy from RD and to boast how he designed the panels for Bill. Please is he now telling us in his free time he designed the 914 for Porsche.

T.C.

That was Al Gore....along with the internet...
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 6 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

dr914, You are THE biggest loser on the frickin planet. The fact that you are slinging shit at one of your vendors and questioning people buying from Bill shows you have some major league brass balls. You can say that you really DO try here, but it's just the same old BS. I would rather walk to Michigan through broken glass to buy from Bill before I would deal with you.

You really have no idea what happened between Bill and myself T.C, it was bad, and if you knew the whole story, even you, who hate us so much, would be embarrassed over posting such a "bold" statement!
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Mar 6 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #25

Personal note.....

George, can ya help out Grelber and are your prices in line with RD on the item he needs?

Admin note....

If this turns into a pissing match, I will advise another admin and WE will close the thread.......
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 6 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 6 2007, 08:36 AM) *

Personal note.....

George, can ya help out Grelber and are your prices in line with RD on the item he needs?

Admin note....

If this turns into a pissing match, I will advise another admin and WE will close the thread.......

Yes we can and thank you.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 6 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #27

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

First, I am sincerely sorry for hijacking this thread, which was to help out Grelber ( I hope everything works out) and I did not intend to start a pissing match. I promise I will not post again to this thread. George, I do want to point out, however, that the word Hate is not a concept I subscribe to. Do I get angry, Yes; am I stubburn, Yes; Do I forget or forgive, not easily, BUT I do not hate.

T.C.
+Quote Post
william harris
post Mar 6 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #28

914 Restorer

Member No.: 1,539

Given the above I am compelled to stand up for George and AA. When RD left me in a bind, car in body shop and calls to RD went unanswered for more than two weeks - and I mean calling every day, a couple of times, I called AA and spoke with Greg Treadway - he had the parts, in stock, overnighted to the shop - same price and perfect repops - and they are on my car today - along with lots of other AA parts. I have purchased lots of stuff from AA, never had a problem. Sometimes they are pricey - but you get what you pay for. At least they delivered. This slamming of George and AA seems totally uncalled for. My 2 cents. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Mar 6 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #29

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 09:25 PM) *

Here's my comment......"I" have never bought from AA.....I have heard the stories AND have suffered the minmum wage dork abuse from his minions.

George is making an effort.....he DID NOT jump in immediately and say...HEY, I got that.....

The original poster is in a bind....IF George can match the price and help the guy out...where's the harm? It's a community thing......

I just need to say this.

who are you , and what have you done with Z??
+Quote Post
Grelber
post Mar 6 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #30

Insert favorite Don Rickles joke here.

Member No.: 6,107
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey, everyone...........read my last post on this thread. I was able to get hold of RD, and he apologized, saying he had been out sick. They have everything I need in stock, and it will be shipped out this week, and arrive in time for my rustoration.

Didn't want this to be a pissing match, just a question if anyone else was having trouble getting hold of RD.

Oh, and BTW, in checking prices, the "other" guys wanted just over $600.00 for the same parts RD is selling me for $405.00. If RD hadn't had the parts, I would have gladly paid the additional $$ to get them (but didn't have to). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
t collins
post Mar 6 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,754

QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Mar 5 2007, 03:25 PM) *

I must have been lucky. Ordered parts two different times from Restoration Designs. Both times, I called and left a detailed message for parts, and received a call back in less than 1 day. Excellent response on delivery of parts, as well as excellent quality of parts. They were a pleasure to do business with for me. Sorry you have had problems. Joe O.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Mar 6 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 6 2007, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 09:25 PM) *

I just need to say this.

who are you , and what have you done with Z??

Personal thought:

Well I look at it this way....old George is trying to rehab his company's reputation. I don't think his rep was anything beyond surly, snotty employees and lost warehouses and back orders from hell. He DOES have the rep of being able to find parts that are NLA in most cases.....so until his company steps on their collective winky again, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

A company is only as good as the collective parts....minimum wage weaseldicks can trash yer rep faster'n Anna Nichole goes down on a Billionaire...

I've sold more than 100 cars in 20 years....I'm being personally trashed on a car deal that had engine problems built by the previous owner. The builder was willing to stand behind the work. I provided all the information to the buyer....he chose to hold me responsible. I felt sorry for the guy and refunded his coast to coast shipping costs....he's still busting my balls...despite CA law that all used car sales are final and as-is. Another poster did inspect the car prior to sale and vouched for it. It left here in good running condition.

One car deal and one ding on eBay due to bank error.....beyond the fact that I'm a bit of screwball...I'm honest. George is trying to project that image as well...I don't see anything that says different....

Admin thought:

We don't allow pissing matches....period.
We help posters, we don't pee all over the guy who's offering to help that poster.
We are vendor neutral. We point people in the direction of vendors that have "stuff"....

personal addendum.....

Roy from Motor Meister WILL NOT get the same deal.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:52 PM