Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> with all the smog and classic car issues.....
Pat Garvey
post May 5 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #21

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

Oh boy! Caleefornya!

Let's just say this thing passes. Futher, let's say that the rest of the US takes note of it. We are NOT talking about 914's here, but EVERY classic car on the road.

And that would amount to, in my gut estimation, maybe 1% of the registered cars in the country.

Hmmm! Those of us with '32 Packards & '66 Shelby cars have the ability to save the planet (not that I have either of these). My God, we have such power?

Makes me wonder just how much power the Doctor has, or anyone who has a collection of classic cars. Also makes me wonder why they won't save the world, by cat equipping all the classic Ferraris, etc they own.

Ruthless, inconsiderate bastards! While we're at it, shouldn't the Doctor be required by law to give us all his parts?

Read Atlas Shrugged, by Ayan Rand. I've read it 6 times over 30 years, just to remind me of my conservative roots.

This sooo sucks!
Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
championgt1
post May 5 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #22

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

In Washington state if your car is 25 years or older you do not have to go through emissions or pass any test. Of course I suppose this could change. What I don't understand is that if you have a car that does not pass emissions you can spend some money at a STATE recgonized repair shop and get a waiver regardless if it passes or not, after you have spent a certain amount of money. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I do agree with Pat that the classic cars that are 25, 30 years or older only make up a very, very small percentage of the cars that are on the road today.

We are the ones causing the problem? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 5 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #23

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

The worst case scenario is that lawmakers would require all cars to comply with the requirements at the time they were manufactured, with some consideration for NLA parts. While that presents its own set of significant problems, I cannot imagine that stricter requirements than were in place when the cars were new would ever be enforceable. A 30 year old car will never have to be made more efficient than it was originally designed to be.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Brew
post May 6 2008, 07:41 AM
Post #24

That's Captain Moron to you!

Member No.: 4,546

QUOTE(brer @ May 5 2008, 02:21 PM) *

would you sacrifice some performance to make your teener cleaner?

Not unless that was the only way I could legally get it on the road, and even then......?
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post May 6 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #25

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 5 2008, 07:18 PM) *

Read Atlas Shrugged, by Ayan Rand. I've read it 6 times over 30 years, just to remind me of my conservative roots.

Really? Six times? You know it's Ayn Rand, not "Ayan", then, right? And you know she hated Ronald Reagan?
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post May 6 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #26

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 5 2008, 10:18 PM) *

You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
914-8
post May 6 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 5,461

Seems odd to be worrying about pre-75 cars.

I'm looking out my window right now down at the parking structure and out of what must be a few hundred cars, there are exactly zero that are '75 or older.

We're talking 33+ year old cars. What kind of weirdo would drive a 33+ year old antique? There just aren't many of them on the road any more.
+Quote Post
MartyYeoman
post May 6 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 839
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(914-8 @ May 6 2008, 04:40 PM) *

What kind of weirdo would drive a 33+ year old antique?

Hey, I resent that!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I drive mine every day.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 10:13 AM