Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So I tried to bend the hood last night, here is what happend
jsayre914
post Jan 2 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #21

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

so me and vacca rabite found a stash of parts last tuesday, and i got a great deal on a hood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Much better

I feel much more motivated to work on the car once again. AND I have a really cool alaska blue sled now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Heres the pics of the new one.

ps. thanks everyone for helping me to find a good hood (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jan 21 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #22

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Well, the next hood never fits as good as the first one. I used the technique to bend down the passenger side front next to the eyelid. But the problem is when i looked at the side profile from the drivers side, the hood arched up in the center right over the fender. you cant really tell in the pic but i could get two fingers under the hood while it was closed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) reason was after closer inspection there was a dent in the hood frame on both sides right in the middle.

anyway .. here is what i did It worked perfect.

I used a bunch of towles a crowbar and three small c-clamps...

first i opend the lid and laid a bunch of towles the lenght of the fender, next i folded a towl and placed it along the edge of the top drivers side hood, then i took a large crowbar and held it up to the bottom edge of the hood, there was a almost one inch gap in the middle of the crowbar and it was touching the underside of the hood at both ends, i placed a clamp in the center untill it was tight and then i used one 6 inch on both sides and kept tightening every other one untill the gap from the crowbar to the hood was 1/4 inch and then repeated this proceadure for the other side. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

perfect fit
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 09:30 PM