Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electric H20 pumps on V8 conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vinniedatorch
can someone help recommend an electric water pump for a V8 conversion?
Mike Bellis
Look for something between 20-30 GPH (Gallons Per Hour).

A lot depends on what radiator you run. What size hose you run. What type of V8 you run... many variables.

A stock Chevy pump runs around 30 GPH.
mittelmotor
Meziere makes quality stuff, but not cheap. They have both block-mounted and remote pumps.
messix
stay away from the "race" style ones. they are meant for drag race engines or short duration running and not constant duty cycle. several here http://www.jegs.com/c/Cooling_Electric-Pumps/10135/10002/-1
bulitt
You can use a Meziere pump and mount it in a remote location. If you bolt it to the block it will hit the firewall. The Meziere has one inlet and two outlets. You connect it to the water pump inlet passages on the block with 90 degree fittings.

Picture of a Meziere remote pump
IPB Image

IPB Image

Fittings You will need
IPB Image

Another option is to use the dedenbear water manifold and dedenbear remote pump.

IPB Image

Both the Meziere and dedenbear units are expensive but both have useful lives of over 3000 hrs.

Neat thing about the remote pumps- it allows you to use the stock fuel pump.
Another pic of the Dedenbear set up.

IPB Image

I have two fittings for sale if you need them-
IPB Image

Water Pump/block Fittings SBC
914GT
I've been using the Dedenbear pump (my engine with the yellow oil pan above) for almost 10 years and around 10K miles without any problems. These pumps can be rebuilt with new seals and brushes but I've never had a reason to take mine apart.

Guy T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.