Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB KM speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MikeInMunich
Anybody ever even SEE a km speedo guage over there? Is there perhaps a sticker to put on the MPH guage face?

M.i.M.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 19 2014, 02:04 PM) *

Anybody ever even SEE a km speedo guage over there? Is there perhaps a sticker to put on the MPH guage face?

M.i.M.

Yes you can get a KM speedo they come up for sale here and on the pelicnparts board, also you can use a 911 KM mechanical speedo.
Not rare, but there's not a whole lot of them out there.
Expect to pay $300-$400 for one.

http://mail.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=212818
Mark Henry
BTW watch out for scammers in a WTB ad, one way to avoid scams is to only buy off of members with a high post count.

Good luck.
bdstone914
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 19 2014, 11:04 AM) *

M.i.M.

The gauge rebuilders like North Hollywood speedometer service ca probably rebuild a speedo with a KM face. They are not cheap.
bulitt
Heres an article on Pelican how to change the face. http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m...gauge_face2.htm

And here is a vendor that will silk screen a plate- http://www.paspeedo.com/porschecustomcoloring.htm

You may want to search for "Porsche gauge plates"

Try Ebay Germany also
MrLeeS
I've got one. Let me dig it out and see how it looks and ill send you some pictures.
puffinator
Mine just came back from North Hollywood and I am very pleased. I have sent other gauges to them for various work and I think their pricing is fair. They can put any face you want on the gauge.

Click to view attachment
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Apr 22 2014, 04:45 PM) *

I've got one. Let me dig it out and see how it looks and ill send you some pictures.

Cool. Thanks. I could trade the MPH one perhaps.

M.i.M.
MikeInMunich
Bruce and Co, thanks for your time to help with suggestions and info. It's been helpful.

Mike in Munich
DEC
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 23 2014, 05:33 PM) *

Bruce and Co, thanks for your time to help with suggestions and info. It's been helpful.

Mike in Munich

Du bist in München und suchst in US einen km/h Tacho.
Wie blöd ist das denn?
In D gibt es in deinen Augen wohl keine 914 Szene
bzw. Porsche Ersatzteile.

Sorry Guys must answer in German because we have no
Porsche's in Germany and only a few 914's
with a VW-Porsche Badge. shades.gif
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
MikeInMunich
The car I'm working on is in CA. I don't feel like changing or installing the odometer myself when the car arrives. Not sure how to take your "Wie blöd ist des denn?" I could ask the same of your question, but I guess you meant it in good humor.

At any rate, there IS, indeed, all but no 914 "scene" over here.

M.i.M.

smilie_flagge6.gif

www.mikesbiketours.com

P.S. Your link in your signature is a 404. Wie blöd ist DAS denn?? lol-2.gif
poorsche914
I have a very nice KMH speedo in working condition.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
MrLeeS
Found it, everything works, excellent face, bezel needs a sand and paint.

binrat911
Is the KPH speedo for sale?
MrLeeS
QUOTE(binrat911 @ Oct 4 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Is the KPH speedo for sale?

I still have it, pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.