Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World 7th Annual BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
It's offical!

The 7th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 16th 2014. So save the day!

****** Brad Mayeur will be here to help answer any and all questions*********

Because of my employment situation we are asking if possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).
GeorgeRud
It's on my calendar! Thanks for doing this again for us, it's always been a great get-together not to be missed.
jfort
A fun get together. Thanks, Garold for hosting. I hope I can make it again this year.
gms
Bummer, that is a race weekend
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ May 29 2014, 10:56 AM) *

Bummer, that is a race weekend

Sorry man that is the only weekend we have free in August. sad.gif
ConeDodger
I can't believe the Minnesota guys aren't invited shades.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 29 2014, 03:08 PM) *

I can't believe the Minnesota guys aren't invited shades.gif

slap.gif everyone is invited if you want to make the trip. beerchug.gif
orthobiz
Dang! Vacationing in Montreal already.

Paul
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
Chris H.
I'm planning to be there! Hope to have the car running and driving well.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
mburkhart
I missed last year when my wife decided to have her appendix out. She's only got the one though, so I should be good to go this time.
ovilla
I couldn't make it last year but looking forward to it this August. Plus I need to make as many contacts as possible for parts. Lol! Thanks for keeping it going.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to page one
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
Java2570
Hi Garold - not sure yet if I'll make it up this year, the 914 is up on jackstands getting all new fuel lines.
That aside, if I'm not working, I'll try to make it up this time.
Oh, did you sell the Bumblebee you had listed to a guy from Indianapolis? I met a guy with a nice 912 at
the Zionsville Porsche show a couple weeks back that had that classified clipped out and stuck in his
wallet....he was looking for a project car. I didn't catch his name...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Jul 2 2014, 03:00 PM) *

Hi Garold - not sure yet if I'll make it up this year, the 914 is up on jackstands getting all new fuel lines.
That aside, if I'm not working, I'll try to make it up this time.
Oh, did you sell the Bumblebee you had listed to a guy from Indianapolis? I met a guy with a nice 912 at
the Zionsville Porsche show a couple weeks back that had that classified clipped out and stuck in his
wallet....he was looking for a project car. I didn't catch his name...

I sold it to a guy in Michigan
GeorgeRud
Even if folks can't bring their cars (jackstands don't travel well?), you can still come by for the party. Garold is a wonderful host and it's always been a nice time.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 2 2014, 08:31 PM) *

Even if folks can't bring their cars (jackstands don't travel well?), you can still come by for the party. Garold is a wonderful host and it's always been a nice time.

agree.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
Harpo
Count me in and thanks for setting this up

David
GeorgeRud
Bout time for a icon_bump.gif !
Rocketv
It appears that "Up on jack stands having the fuel lines replaced" is the standard condition for 914's in Central Indiana, as mine is in the same status as Java's. Hopefully I'll have mine done in time.
GaroldShaffer
No running 914 need to come, just need to have the 914 sickness. Besides I have plenty of non running 914s here so you can claim one for the day. laugh.gif
GeorgeRud
Any chance Brad Mayeur might come up to share his expertise?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 1 2014, 11:11 PM) *

Any chance Brad Mayeur might come up to share his expertise?

Yes he will be here. aktion035.gif
Java2570
QUOTE(Rocketv @ Jul 31 2014, 12:02 AM) *

It appears that "Up on jack stands having the fuel lines replaced" is the standard condition for 914's in Central Indiana, as mine is in the same status as Java's. Hopefully I'll have mine done in time.

Mine is actually off the jack stands now but am having problems with kinked hoses under the fuel tank so......hopefully I'll get that fixed up this weekend! It would be nice to driving.gif before the end of the summer!
Mike Fitton
Ok, Got my schedule changed around so I will be there with my new Tangerine six.
GeorgeRud
Glad you can make it! I'm hoping to bring my conversion car this time. Looking forward to a great time.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 7 2014, 03:39 PM) *

Ok, Got my schedule changed around so I will be there with my new Tangerine six.

smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif 6 Days piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif 5 days
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif drunk.gif 4 days
GeorgeRud
Should we bring sides or libations? What can you use?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 13 2014, 08:21 PM) *

Should we bring sides or libations? What can you use?

If you feel like bringing something to share, feel free to do so. Really the only thing you need to bring is a chair, while we have some, we can always use more.
gms
See you tomorrow
piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
aktion035.gif
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 15 2014, 11:26 AM) *

See you tomorrow
piratenanner.gif

Harpo
Can I bring some potato salad or anything?

David
GeorgeRud
I already have some potato salad and cole slaw in the fridge ready to pack up and bring. See folks tomorrow, rain or shine!
pnewman
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 15 2014, 11:26 AM) *

See you tomorrow
piratenanner.gif

Hey Glenn!
What happened to first.gif "race weekend?" first.gif

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it!

driving-girl.gif
pnewman
Mike and I are meeting up North in Wilmette IL at 10:00am for coffee then south bound.

I passed Mike while on the ambulance and saw his tangerine. Sharp ride Mike.

If anyone wants to: " pull a train..."

I mean "convoy" from up North send me a pm by 8am tomorrow with a cell #.
Garold Rocks!

smoke.gif Peace and happiness. bye1.gif
Harpo
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
As always, Garold put on a great party and managed to get any rain to hold off to make for a wonderful get-together. Thanks to all that made it out today!
earossi
I'm new to 914's and newer to this Forum; however, I did make it out to Garold's place today for the get together. I was surprised to find some folks there that I had met before at PCA events and I had previously met Brad Meyure about 7 years ago, so I felt right at home.

I do want to thank Garold and his wife for hosting the festivities. My unofficial count was that somewhere between 10 and 20 enthusiasts were in attendance.

Thanks again Garold.
buck toenges
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 16 2014, 10:07 AM) *

I couldn't make it this year but I need more pics of the event! What was the topic of discussion? biggrin.gif
earossi
A few more pictures:
earossi
Another:

earossi
Another
earossi
Another
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.