Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1970 914 w/chevy 305 and 2056 engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
fongbros
Sometimes life gives you lemons, and then you are without a garage. I am moving 3 hours away to a house with no garage. I don't know why I made that choice, but I did. Anyway, It's a 1970 914 with flares and is a Luthansa Gt replica. It's the car pictured in my profile. It has a hopped up 305 in it now that runs, but could use the timing set and some fine tuning. I can drive it, but if it stalls or you shut it off, the starter is hot and will not crank it. I just bought a set of good trans mounts for it and I bought a 2056 FRESH engine with under 500 miles on it from a member on this board. I am out of town right now and don't have access to pics, but I will be home Saturday 7/12 and may have time to snap a few there. It is the car in my profile pic. It's best to call me for details but the 4 cylinder is still in a shipping crate and the rest of the car is in useable form, but I would still tow it. 410 215-9577 Please don't call until 6pm EST and not after 10pmEST. I just paid 3k for the engine and carbs, 350 for some ss heat exchangers and I think the entire package is a great deal at 6k. I hope to post some pics when I get home.
dcheek
QUOTE(fongbros @ Jul 8 2014, 05:12 PM) *

Sometimes life gives you lemons, and then you are without a garage. I am moving 3 hours away to a house with no garage. I don't know why I made that choice, but I did. Anyway, It's a 1970 914 with flares and is a Luthansa Gt replica. It's the car pictured in my profile. It has a hopped up 305 in it now that runs, but could use the timing set and some fine tuning. I can drive it, but if it stalls or you shut it off, the starter is hot and will not crank it. I just bought a set of good trans mounts for it and I bought a 2056 FRESH engine with under 500 miles on it from a member on this board. I am out of town right now and don't have access to pics, but I will be home Saturday 7/12 and may have time to snap a few there. It is the car in my profile pic. It's best to call me for details but the 4 cylinder is still in a shipping crate and the rest of the car is in useable form, but I would still tow it. 410 215-9577 Please don't call until 6pm EST and not after 10pmEST. I just paid 3k for the engine and carbs, 350 for some ss heat exchangers and I think the entire package is a great deal at 6k. I hope to post some pics when I get home.

Why don't you just rent a garage and keep the car?

Dave
fongbros
I have 7 cars.
OU8AVW
Interested, get some pics posted. I'm in Annapolis....
Mossimoto
Pm sent
kyracedog
pm sent
fongbros
To all interested parties. I have just arrived back to baltimore. I will be posting pictures tomorrow morning (TUES 7-22)
fongbros
QUOTE(fongbros @ Jul 21 2014, 03:47 PM) *

To all interested parties. I have just arrived back to baltimore. I will be posting pictures tomorrow morning (TUES 7-22)

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment[attachmentid=459704Click to view attachment[attachmentid=4597
06]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment]

I have all the parts fro the interior which I will put back in - back pad specific to 70-71 and the seat cushion for the passenger seat. Also, I was asked about rust. It's a Georgia car and is very rust free. I only found a small hole in the floor. Nothing structural at all. You can see the battery box is pretty tight as is the so called hell hole. Please do not pm me. I have very limited time to get to the computer. I also have all the trim for the sail panels, but not the vinyl. I was going to paint them satin black. Also someone mentioned (on the forum - without ever seeing the car)awhile back that the radiator is not enough to cool the car. It never goes beyond 180 with the fans on. There is a push and a pull fan which provide plenty air circulation. There is a second top and some items in the rear trunk which is why it is not down all the way. I also have the gt straps for the rear trunk. Again, please do not pm me, I probably will not see it and I have to move in 3 weeks.call 410 215 9577 and ask for Denis
fongbros
Bump. Pics are added. Anyone interested? Its going on ebay monday night if nobody replies with interest.
jimkelly
is the 5 lug suspension, 911 parts??, or drilled 914-4 rotors??

how much for just the car, excluding the 2056 engine??

i'd suggest putting up for sale the engine separately.

got any pics of the hell hole long area, under the rocker panel.

jim
fongbros
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 26 2014, 04:29 PM) *

is the 5 lug suspension, 911 parts??, or drilled 914-4 rotors??

how much for just the car, excluding the 2056 engine??

i'd suggest putting up for sale the engine separately.

got any pics of the hell hole long area, under the rocker panel.

jim

The 5 lugs are just adapters. I was hoping to sell the package and someone else can pick an engine then sell the other. Dont have that pic now but I will be back monday and can snap one. Its not rusty though
Spoke
Got pics and info on the 2056? I would be interested in purchasing this engine.
fongbros
sold.
fongbros
sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.