Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 engine & trans refresh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
puffinator
In January I dropped the engine and trans so I could change the gearset in my trans at Dr. Evil's clinic at Scottie's in Feb. Since I had the engine out too, why not do a little refreshing. java script:emoticon(':)','smid_4')

Now with 86mm JE pistons and cylinders, Solex cams, 74 heads (big valves) reworked by Anchor Atlantic, I'm anxious to get it back on the road.

I did the trans in 1 day but the engine has taken 8 months! We need an 'engine clinic' like Mike's trans clinics.

Rob

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Nice. I have JE's coming this week for my 2.7 build. I did not know they do cylinders. Anxcious to hear how you like the cams. I have not ordered anything from the cylinders up yet.

I bet you are going to love that combination. Looks really good.

John
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 20 2014, 05:32 PM) *

Nice. I have JE's coming this week for my 2.7 build. I did not know they do cylinders. Anxcious to hear how you like the cams. I have not ordered anything from the cylinders up yet.

John

If you are in MA, you need to talk with Mark at Exotech (603-382-3599). He did my 3 liter heads today.
wndsnd
Thanks Matt

Mark is getting my heads. He did my case work as well.

John
wndsnd
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Aug 20 2014, 09:54 PM) *

John

If you are in MA, you need to talk with Mark at Exotech (603-382-3599). He did my 3 liter heads today.

He did them in one day?
Sometimes work is slow through there.

John
puffinator
Getting closer. I am freshening my 914/6 engine and I am a big fan of Stomski Racings tools. I have Solex cams with a intake valve overlap between 4.2-4.6mm but recommended set to 4.3. Wayne Dempsey's book is a must have.
Click to view attachment
barefoot
QUOTE(puffinator @ Aug 29 2014, 06:14 PM) *

Getting closer. I am freshening my 914/6 engine and I am a big fan of Stomski Racings tools. I have Solex cams with a intake valve overlap between 4.2-4.6mm but recommended set to 4.3. Wayne Dempsey's book is a must have.
Click to view attachment

Is that a spring loaded chain tensioner ? looks cool !
puffinator
They are not spring loaded tensioners. They are mechanical. Some use them for racing but Stomski Racing sells them as a tool for use during cam timing setup. Now that I have the cams timed I will remove them and put in the hydraulic ones.

Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 21 2014, 04:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Aug 20 2014, 09:54 PM) *

John

He did them in one day?
Sometimes work is slow through there.

John

I probably should have been more clear. I was there days before tearing everything down and cleaning everything. I was also helping with doing them, so it was really not that he did them in just a day. I'm not your average customer there.

Any wait that people have with him is worth it for the quality and price you get from him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.