Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what 914 parts are you thinking of putting in trash?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
cause they are taking up space and you have no plans to ever use them.

i ask, I need the circled items for a go cart project, but they gotta be NEAR free + shipping driving.gif
ThePaintedMan
At minimum, send the calipers to Eric for cores. Eventually we're all going to run out of rebuildable stuff. Might as well have them in hands of someone who can make use of them!

The rest can be sold as scrap for a few bucks I'm sure.

I wouldn't mind having the a-arms as spares biggrin.gif
jimkelly
the pic is not my trash, just an example of removed parts, as an example, my bad driving.gif

I do need some suspension and steering tid bits for a go cart project and was checking to see if there might be some floating around that are almost destined for the trash.

rotors/bearings/front calipers/lower section of front struts
front suspension cross bar
steering stuff except for rack and pinion

76-914
Did you get your SBC project running?
Sleepin
The whole car.... huh.gif
green914
I have four extra gas tanks; idea.gif going to crush them.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(green914 @ Aug 28 2014, 01:13 PM) *

I have four extra gas tanks; idea.gif going to crush them.

nooo! i had hell finding one.
Cuda911
I threw away the old door seal when I replaced it last week.
JamesM
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 28 2014, 05:35 AM) *

At minimum, send the calipers to Eric for cores. Eventually we're all going to run out of rebuildable stuff. Might as well have them in hands of someone who can make use of them!

The rest can be sold as scrap for a few bucks I'm sure.

I wouldn't mind having the a-arms as spares biggrin.gif

I was going to say... control arms and calipers to Eric if nothing else, maybe even the strut housings.

Crossmember could probably go to your local metal scrapper, not a lot of people looking to replace those.

Rand
The only reason I still have this single carb setup sitting in a box that I've tried to trade for a beer is because one day I actually DO want to give it the float test.
JawjaPorsche
Just threw away my rear springs I replaced. Also have two seats that I am thinking of trashing too.
mattraff
How's about a couple of fugly bumpers as I'm getting the car ready for paint on my new (and first 914) project...

IPB Image

bigkensteele
QUOTE(mattraff @ Aug 28 2014, 06:46 PM) *

How's about a couple of fugly bumpers as I'm getting the car ready for paint on my new (and first 914) project...

IPB Image

I am an admitted pack-rat, and I felt that my Big Ugly Bumpers were too nice to throw away, so I kept them, including all the mounting junk. Turns out there is a guy a few hundred miles away looking to restore a car just like the one I am modifying, and he would love to have my trash. They are free to him if he wants to come and get them. If not, I will give them another 6 months before I haul them to the dumpster.
mattraff
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 28 2014, 08:32 PM) *

pack-rat, and I felt that my Big Ugly Bumpers were too nice to throw away, so I kept them, including all the mounting junk. Turns out there is a guy a few hundred miles away looking to restore a car just like the one I am modifying, and he would love to have my trash. They are free to him if he wants to come and get them. If not, I will give them another 6 months before I haul them to the dumpster.

Yeah, I hear ya..., I've still got some weird stuff from older projects, like Model T hardware, wiring harnesses & and the rear wrap-around glass from a one year only '57 dodge d-100 that I just cannot get rid of because it would be next to impossible for someone to locate for a restoration, but I'm running out hope on finding my junk a new home and running out of space...

You may have just talked me into making room in the shed out back for these... smile.gif
Andyrew
Spare trunk, springs, suspension stuff, interior stuff, Hell I have half a parts car in a couple of boxes that I'll never use..
jimkelly
if anyone is thinking about trashing the above circled stuff, i could use them for a go cart project, slash engine run stand. gotta be NEAR free + shipping, though blink.gif thanks, jim
hblyle
Click to view attachment
I'm going to be pulling my dash out today and I won't be needing the grey cover anymore. If anyone is in the Huntington Beach area stop and pick it up!
partwerks
[quote name='hblyle' date='Aug 30 2014, 08:40 AM' post='2080213']
Click to view attachment
Is the rear window derost switch the first one on the left hand side of the steering column?

Also, what is to the right of the cigarette lighter, on the RH side of the steering column?
hblyle
Yes, rear defroster and windshield wipers to the right of the lighter.
billh1963
Unfortunately, I have started throwing away stuff as well. Threw away four seats a few weeks ago. Probably tossing more bits later on. There's just no market for many items.

After a while you get tired of the BDMF's and just toss the parts rather than tie up space.
green914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 1 2014, 04:38 AM) *

Unfortunately, I have started throwing away stuff as well. Threw away four seats a few weeks ago. Probably tossing more bits later on. There's just no market for many items.

After a while you get tired of the BDMF's and just toss the parts rather than tie up space.

agree.gif I need the space more than parts that I may never use, and nobody seems to have a need for.
Tbrown4x4
Nobody seems to understand your first post. Maybe if you stated up front that you need free/cheap parts, (the circled ones, I got that!), instead of a list of what everyone has thrown away, you might get better replies.
billh1963
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 1 2014, 02:49 PM) *

Nobody seems to understand your first post. Maybe if you stated up front that you need free/cheap parts, (the circled ones, I got that!), instead of a list of what everyone has thrown away, you might get better replies.

True...but, then we would miss out on the chance to complain! happy11.gif
damesandhotrods

That’s too bad; I would have kind of liked to have a second driver’s seat cushion. I’ve seen seats in the classifieds but didn’t pursue it because I didn’t think that anyone would want to separate the bottom cushion from the rest of the seat…
billh1963
QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Sep 1 2014, 03:06 PM) *

That’s too bad; I would have kind of liked to have a second driver’s seat cushion. I’ve seen seats in the classifieds but didn’t pursue it because I didn’t think that anyone would want to separate the bottom cushion from the rest of the seat…

Put an ad out there....I bet someone has a seat cushion
barefoot
Got a Targa top that some PO sanded smooth, 4 of the 75-76 bumper shock absorbers, and several fair to nasty heater duct pieces, a spare heater dual outlet blower motor & 4 speakers of various sizes I'll never use, any takers near Charleston SC ?
jimkelly
i agree. the reason i portrayed this thread this way is because otherwise it would have needed to be in the classifieds which i have already done, but know that some don't frequent there : ) i still need the circled items if any has any nicely rusted bits : )

QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 1 2014, 11:49 AM) *

CptTripps
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 28 2014, 09:23 AM) *

i ask, I need the circled items for a go cart project, but they gotta be NEAR free + shipping driving.gif

I thought a 914 WAS a go-cart?
rhodyguy
all of them.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(barefoot @ Sep 3 2014, 05:19 PM) *

Got a Targa top that some PO sanded smooth, 4 of the 75-76 bumper shock absorbers, and several fair to nasty heater duct pieces, a spare heater dual outlet blower motor & 4 speakers of various sizes I'll never use, any takers near Charleston SC ?

Do you want to sell the top?
Mark Henry
Free 911 '75 targa seats, tan but need recovering.
Going to trash them soon.
P/U only please.
barefoot
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Sep 5 2014, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(barefoot @ Sep 3 2014, 05:19 PM) *

Do you want to sell the top?

It's yours free, but shipping will be problematic,& expensive.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.