Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breather options?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Have the engine back in the car and am looking at breather options. Am running Webers and want an attractive breather with small "K&N" type filter on it. Would like to have at least 2-3 fittings for hoses.

Suggestions?

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Des Moines area huh...nice looking engine/trans/shop/bumper...

I think the Tangerine breather is the best, it's $$ but has a nice overflow capacity. If you want a cheap one, I have an old Claude's Buggies one I don't need since I sold my /4 engine. Check out the Tangerine one and/or PM me about the old school one I have.
stugray
here's mine.
No head vents, big as possible.
I moved the port to the drivers side of the engine because the hose was blocking my fire nozzle.

IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
Here's mine.
barefoot
I purchased a cheapo Breather from E-bay and modified it for my dual carb app.
I enlarged the bottom drain (with nylon fitting) to go to engine breather box.
Then added two brass nipples down low to connect to head vents. The top 2 nipples will go to the carb air cleaners to vent off oil vapors.
I filled the upper half of the canister with a reticulated foam (open pore) that we use in fuel spray chambers to contain vapors. thus the liquid oil getting to the air cleaners will be minimized. No external vent needed.
This will mount to firewall above engine oil filler

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 28 2014, 09:55 AM) *
Suggestions?

Gatorade bottle with a few holes drilled into the top. I put it next to the air filter with the holes pointing that way so any vapors escaping are getting sucked into the intake and burnt.
biggrin.gif

IPB Image
SKL1
Gatorade bottle? That's elegant!! smile.gif
patssle
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 29 2014, 09:25 AM) *

Here's mine.

What type of hose is that?
JamesM
Call Chris (Tangerine) and tell him what you need.

He does great work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.