Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Amelia Island Concours to Celebrate the 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
IanS
http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/2015-...ate-porsche-914

Gmund descendent joins Stutz as honored vehicle at annual Southeast event

The Amelia Concours d’Elegance is celebrating the Porsche 914 next March during its 20th annual show. The quirky, asymmetrical midengined 914 will join the Stutz brand as this year's honorees.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(IanS @ Sep 16 2014, 02:08 PM) *

http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/2015-...ate-porsche-914

Gmund descendent joins Stutz as honored vehicle at annual Southeast event

The Amelia Concours d’Elegance is celebrating the Porsche 914 next March during its 20th annual show. The quirky, asymmetrical midengined 914 will join the Stutz brand as this year's honorees.

sounds like we should make an attempt to have a big showing of 914's there,- my '75 will be 40 y.o.a!!
Johny Blackstain
2105? I believe I'll be long, long gone by then biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Always wanted to see that show.
JoeSharp
I did a double post . Sorry. But we should get a group together. I'll be glad. to go.
IanS
Haha I just noticed I was so excited I fat-fingered the date to the future. We would need DeLoreans to travel to Amelia if we wanted to be alive for it. I think I fixed it...
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 16 2014, 03:11 PM) *

I did a double post . Sorry. But we should get a group together. I'll be glad. to go.

I think we are like 3 hours away, too close to miss. - last years' Hilton head island concours feature brand was Porsche-i live 30 minutes away and didn't go sad.gif lack of planning -
Kansas 914
What am I going to do with my NARP t-shirts now that it gets recognition?
Michael N
What a great sense of humor the organizer has with the selection of the 914. Pick a car that has CSOB owners and then charge $80.00 to come and see them. I love it! av-943.gif

Click to view attachment

Although I am also looking to figure out if I can make the trip out as I have always wanted to attend this show.
Big Len
I think the lack of respect for the 914 is waning if existent at all. Other models have fallen.
KELTY360
This is serious respect and recognition. I'll be interested to see how they feature the 4 cyl cars. Hope we get a large contingent of cars to represent.
BobR
I am about 2.5 hours away and plan to be there with my 57k 1976 2.0.
rgalla9146

Great to hear.
Always wanted to go to Amelia Island.
Only invited cars on the lawn ?
Are all cars of the "HONORED" marque allowed on the lawn ?
If you pay can we mow the lawn ?......with our cars ?
scotty b
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 16 2014, 02:59 PM) *

Great to hear.
Always wanted to go to Amelia Island.
Only invited cars on the lawn ?
Are all cars of the "HONORED" marque allowed on the lawn ?
If you pay can we mow the lawn ?......with our cars ?

Only invites on Sunday for the main show, but there is a C&C Saturday morning, that usually has the featured marques featured. There is also the Festival of speed later in the day saturday at a different location. It too is pretty open to anything and everything, but I think you may need to register for it
URY914
I got an email today and they want my car in the show. biggrin.gif
bandjoey
Send em a list of cars that should be there. We might get more cars in biggrin.gif
lonewolfe
I saw a show on TV last night about the Amelia Island Concours and auctions. Amelia consistently brings the highest prices for Porsches of anywhere in the US. With the 914 being one of the two featured cars in 2015 is going to make our cars value go up quickly I believe!
pete000
What a great shot !

The great Sebring hairpin !
Mike Bellis
Road trip!

driving.gif
Big Len
Betcha George breaks some glass to get a couple of cars out there and tries to steal the show.
carr914
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 16 2014, 10:33 PM) *

Betcha George breaks some glass to get a couple of cars out there and tries to steal the show.

I betcha he says he will and then never shows up. With Bill Warner in charge, there is no shenanigans - he is very good friends with the Brumos people, so he will get the cars he wants. It would be cool to have a special Parking Area for our 914s
naro914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 16 2014, 08:18 PM) *

I got an email today and they want my car in the show. biggrin.gif

I always wondered how one gets 'invited' to such events. I have friends that have gotten their cars invited to various things (Goodwood, Amelia, Pebble Beach, etc) just always wondered how the organizers know what cars to invite and not miss something.
carr914
A lot of times the Organizers of Major Concours already know the Owners of Cars as they know Collections and the High Rollers show up at Shows like this. For instance Bruce Canepa always seems to bring cars to Amelia as they have a Great Race Car Section.

I would say that since Amelia has announced that the 914 is The Car, that they already have Commitments from the Cars they want. Porsche could certainly send over a 914, 914-6, GT, 914-8. Nearby Brumos could have one or 2 cars laying in the Corner.
naro914
gotcha.
Well, I guess the first 914 to run Targa Newfoundland didn't make the cut.. sad.gif

Ha...just kidding. Our car certainly would be a bit out of place on the lawn at Amelia!! its a bit beat up in its current state, and its caretakers have no plans to 'freshen it up'... smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
I have it on good authority that the Peter Gregg 916 will be there.
rick 918-S
Hey T.C., you know anyone that we can contact about parking? I would be up for this but would have to start planning now. I would bring two cars. The Alien and 7 of 9.
scotty b
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 17 2014, 04:35 AM) *

gotcha.
Well, I guess the first 914 to run Targa Newfoundland didn't make the cut.. sad.gif

Ha...just kidding. Our car certainly would be a bit out of place on the lawn at Amelia!! its a bit beat up in its current state, and its caretakers have no plans to 'freshen it up'... smile.gif

Most of the race cars no the lawn are covered in rock chips, dents, cracks etc.
anderssj
681 miles . . . idea.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(anderssj @ Sep 17 2014, 10:07 AM) *

681 miles . . . idea.gif

1,887 miles...
RFoulds
Too far for me from CA. I STRONGLY suggest someone contact the organizers and ask for a 914 corral. a Corral gets you car, driver and passenger in for a flat price, parking up close, and even more respect.
When I do the Desert Classic concours I offer corrals to just about any car club.

The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Office:
3016 Mercury Road South
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Office: (904) 636-0027
Fax: (904) 636-0171
first.gif
carr914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 17 2014, 10:19 AM) *

Hey T.C., you know anyone that we can contact about parking? I would be up for this but would have to start planning now. I would bring two cars. The Alien and 7 of 9.

I will start putting out feelers. I'll eMail Brian Redman's son who broke this News to me a couple of Days ago.
carr914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 17 2014, 09:42 AM) *

I have it on good authority that the Peter Gregg 916 will be there.

George always says that kind of stuff! Then doesn't show up!
bandjoey
Send em some group pictures of our events. Cool showing all 6 Yellow card in a line from the last tour.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 16 2014, 04:53 PM) *

What a great sense of humor the organizer has with the selection of the 914. Pick a car that has CSOB owners and then charge $80.00 to come and see them. I love it! av-943.gif

Click to view attachment

Although I am also looking to figure out if I can make the trip out as I have always wanted to attend this show.

Hell with that group, YOUTH is probably everyone under 60 aktion035.gif

I will start saving my change in a jar and see if I can get enough to get my wife in. cheer.gif Who's in?
7TPorsh
could be a setup...... dry.gif

nah...... blink.gif
rgalla9146
Unfortunately the Peter Gregg 916 belongs to the Quack of Marietta
JFJ914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 17 2014, 06:32 PM) *

Too far for me from CA. I STRONGLY suggest someone contact the organizers and ask for a 914 corral. a Corral gets you car, driver and passenger in for a flat price, parking up close, and even more respect.
When I do the Desert Classic concours I offer corrals to just about any car club.

The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Office:
3016 Mercury Road South
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Office: (904) 636-0027
Fax: (904) 636-0171
first.gif

There is no onsite parking for this event. You park at the airport, golf courses, peoples front yards and take shuttle busses or walk. There are no corrals at the event.

You can see what it takes to get on the lawn on Sat morning for the "Cars and Coffee", that's as close as you'll get to participating.
Manny Alban
This is a big boy show...you have to be invited to show your car. Quite an honor to have your car selected. As a spectator, I enjoyed Amelia much more than Pebble. And it was cheaper to attend as well. I'm not big on the brass era or pre-war cars. I just love sports cars from the 50's on up. Amelia does not disappoint. They have almost something for everyone. You can get reasonable lodging in nearby Jacksonville. You can also purchase the 'earlybird' tickets the Saturday before the Sunday concours. Bill Warner does a top notch job. Thanks to Southwest, direct flights from BWI to Jacksonville are affordable (I won't say cheap since it seems SWA pricing is starting to increase).

I wish they had a place for corral parking for the different models. Maybe we need a Werks Reunion East in 2016 to show the west coast boys what the east coast has in their garages smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
This is a very big deal.

Warner throws a great party, and I suspect the fact that 914 is/was respected by folks like Haywood, Gregg, Newman, EFR, Ginther, Zwart, etc is about pay off. Along with the 912, the 914 is the last platform of the early air-cooled stuff to be recognized—and I've long though the 914 is arguably a cleverer design than the 356 and 911, even if it isn't prettier, more accomplished, or more recognized for all the reasons we all know so well.

Warner's choice is bold, and very cool.

pete
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 17 2014, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 17 2014, 10:19 AM) *

I will start putting out feelers. I'll eMail Brian Redman's son who broke this News to me a couple of Days ago.

I was on the Horn last night til about 11 with a Very Good Friend of mine that works at Brumos (just got Promoted). He is a 914-6 Guy (he is a Member here but never Posts) and he will work on doing something
OU8AVW
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 17 2014, 04:44 PM) *

nah...... blink.gif

Could be a way to get us together and serve all those outstanding warrants blink.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Sep 19 2014, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 17 2014, 04:44 PM) *

nah...... blink.gif

Could be a way to get us together and serve all those outstanding warrants blink.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
IanS
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 17 2014, 05:17 PM) *

681 miles . . . idea.gif

1,887 miles...

144 miles!
piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 19 2014, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 17 2014, 05:17 PM) *

681 miles . . . idea.gif

1,887 miles...

144 miles!
piratenanner.gif

2740 miles... idea.gif
tumamilhem
I have been and will be there again. My LE may be featured in the exhibit. My next door neighbor is Bill Warner's personal assistant since the Concours began and he is the one who writes up ALL the histories on each car!

If anybody is going, please let me know! It would be great to all get together! smile.gif
JmuRiz
So the honored brands are Stutz:
IPB Image
and the 914:
IPB Image

Someone bring the Velveeta and I'll bring the box of wine. beer.gif
I'd love to make it down, even with a new little one in the house I may figure out a way to this one.
bandjoey
S t I l l. A. NARP.

I just reviewed the official 2015 Amelia Island site.

I used the search box and " No results Found" for a 914.

I opened every page and link.

The floating. marque covers Sterling Moss, Stutz, and Cowboy Cadillacs.

So I guess we still fall below a Caddy with cows horns on the hood. dry.gif
flipb
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 24 2014, 12:00 PM) *

S t I l l. A. NARP.

I just reviewed the official 2015 Amelia Island site.

I used the search box and " No results Found" for a 914.

I opened every page and link.

The floating. marque covers Sterling Moss, Stutz, and Cowboy Cadillacs.

So I guess we still fall below a Caddy with cows horns on the hood. dry.gif

confused24.gif

https://www.ameliaconcours.org/Data/Sites/1...20dELEGANCE.pdf
linked from
https://www.ameliaconcours.org/news.aspx
bandjoey
Congrats. Info recently added. What do u think of the Caddy? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.