Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 597
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
In this case I'd have to say yellow does not work, much less go faster. biggrin.gif Green & white work- having a hard time finding it in other colors.
ripper911
Sleek!

I'd drive it.
Johny Blackstain
I'd like to upgrade the suspension, put disc brakes on & put a Raby engine in one chowtime.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5XaJFErM1U
messix
I'd wheel it

and I want it!!!
edwin
Vw Australia made an in house car of a similar style. Project was cancelled with development of the Thing.
It's called a Country Buggy. My dad has one. Great clearance and low ratio box makes it unstoppable
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(edwin @ Oct 1 2014, 06:56 AM) *

Vw Australia made an in house car of a similar style. Project was cancelled with development of the Thing.
It's called a Country Buggy. My dad has one. Great clearance and low ratio box makes it unstoppable

Interesting. Looks like a clean "thing" or a prototype of one. Is it all wheel drive like the 597?

I really like the way the 597 looks, with it's spare tire/tank/spare tank all integrated up front & the curve over the rear wheels. Been thinking if I want one I'd either have to win the lottery or start pulling the drivetrain off of a VW Syncro & putting it on a custom body. idea.gif
EdwardBlume
I'm pretty sure GI Joe called and wants his action vehicle back.... av-943.gif
carr914
Will a Subaru Motor fit?
EdwardBlume
At the very least, old guys won't come up to you at the gas station saying "you know, I used to have one of those....." slap.gif
veekry9
We call it the crystal ball theory.
How to calculate the response of the buying public and what the next "new" thing is.
Turns out the saturation point of the utility vehicle is quite low and the demand for comfortable luxury suvs is much larger.
Who'da thunkit?
If you were to ask any manufacturer to make a prediction of the sales of the next uv they would of course pull out the historical records to determine the future.
There really are graphs,though no longer on easels.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 1 2014, 08:27 AM) *

Will a Subaru Motor fit?

with the spare tire, spare tank & main tank up front where would you put the radiator? biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 1 2014, 08:30 AM) *

At the very least, old guys won't come up to you at the gas station saying "you know, I used to have one of those....." slap.gif

No kidding- w/ only 71 total being built, according to the excellence article posted @ the top, it's a pretty rare animal. I like how the article states it got over a hill the Cayenne could not because it's small & light weight.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(edwin @ Oct 1 2014, 02:56 AM) *

Re: Country Buggy, I love this ad:
IPB Image
If I could find a 597 or country buggy I could afford I'd be all over it. Even cooler than a 181!
Johny Blackstain
Appears as if I was wrong... yellow is faster biggrin.gif Apparently there's only 15 left & 3 are in Ohio. The yellow one is a restomod.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicle...-597-jagdwagen/

They even have their own registry-

http://www.porsche597jagdwagen.com/

Nathan- I don't know... 181 pickup looks pretty schweet drooley.gif
Jake Raby
Looks kind of similar to my VW Typ 183 Iltis. This one is German Army surplus, 4WD, locking diff, uses a factory stroker 1.6L VW Fox engine thats taken to 1.7L. I love it!

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 1 2014, 11:25 PM) *

Looks kind of similar to my VW Typ 183 Iltis. This one is German Army surplus, 4WD, locking diff, uses a factory stroker 1.6L VW Fox engine thats taken to 1.7L. I love it!

Click to view attachment

It does look like fun, fox engine is the old water cooled in-line 4, no? I still have the tool & shims for adjusting valves on that engine biggrin.gif Apparently, others feel as you do & enjoy their 183s.

I'd still like to get a hold of a 597 & put a high torque version of one of your engines in it happy11.gif
DBCooper
IPB Image
CptTripps
I always liked the Thing. That's pretty bad ass. Like a lower sleeker version....of a lunchbox.
ripper911
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 1 2014, 09:42 AM) *

181 pickup looks pretty schweet drooley.gif

agree.gif w00t.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 1 2014, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(edwin @ Oct 1 2014, 02:56 AM) *

Re: Country Buggy, I love this ad:
IPB Image

There was a country buggy at the VOLKSFEST in Nashville last month. IIRC the guy said there were only 8 in the US. Maybe only 800 ever made. This one is Right Hand drive.

Click to view attachment

CptTripps
To quote Jeremy Clarkson when describing the Cadillac CTS:

Looks like the only tool the designers had available was a ruler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.