Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB - Clutch cable end the cable goes through, 2 correct size nuts, pulley, pulley bushing, and cable cover bellows.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
So, I have made the end that the cable goes through as that's been running about $13 as I lost one of mine and had to replace it, so thought these were quite overpriced.

I decided to include 2 nuts as these are hard to find and using one with nylon will eventually give out over time. This happened to me at WCR 2012, and was a pain to deal with on the drive as a few of you may remember. If you tighten the 2 against each other you can get them to stay.

Also made the pulley and the NLA bushing as these tend to both wear over time. I made the replacement out of delrin and it is sturdier than the OEM eliminating any flex of the pulley.

The cable bellows is new also

Option for the cable is $18 if you want to add it. I'm bringing in cables, and will have them in a few days, the other parts are made and on the shelf
Really a great deal fro many hard to find and overpriced parts.

Bump the thread and I'll put you down for a set. let me know if you want a cable.

I will have 2 other GB's opening up soon and and you will be able to combine, one is for some interior parts that haven't been available in many years, the other is something we all can use, and is in the same area.

So, who's interested ?
Mblizzard
Even if yours is in good shape this is something to have on the shelf just in case.

I an in!
mepstein
Yes
SA-914
I'm in with cable.
BeatNavy
This is good timing for me. I am in for probably two, sir.
cn2800
I'm in for two sets of everything, including cable.
rmital
I'm in for one set including cable. flag.gif
no1uno
I'm in for 1 set
Tbrown4x4
I'm in. One set with cable. Thanks
jim_hoyland
Great ! This is a smok'en deal...put me in.
Highland
I'm in.
pilothyer
I'm in for 2 (no cables)
sb914
I'm in as well, with cable
michael7810
I'm in with a cable
craig downs
I would like one including the cable
andrew15
In for 2 sets
rmdinmd
am in for one.
'73-914kid
2 sets without a cable please
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 22 2014, 12:22 AM) *

So, I have made the end that the cable goes through as that's been running about $13 as I lost one of mine and had to replace it, so thought these were quite overpriced.

I decided to include 2 nuts as these are hard to find and using one with nylon will eventually give out over time. This happened to me at WCR 2012, and was a pain to deal with on the drive as a few of you may remember. If you tighten the 2 against each other you can get them to stay.

Also made the pulley and the NLA bushing as these tend to both wear over time. I made the replacement out of delrin and it is sturdier than the OEM eliminating any flex of the pulley.

Option for the cable is $18 if you want to add it. I'm bringing in cables, and will have them in a few days, the other parts are made and on the shelf
Really a great deal fro many hard to find and overpriced parts

Bump the thread and I'll put you down for a set. let me know if you want a cable.

I will have 2 other GB's opening up soon and and you will be able to combine, one is for some interior parts that haven't been available in many years, the other is something we all can use, and is in the same area.

So, who's interested ?

put me down for the small parts,,, NO cable please

Wes

barebrad
+2 for me. Cables with both.
maf914
Definite requirement for the spares kit. Years ago I had a cable break at a stop sign, luckily close to home, and lost the hardware at the cable pulley. My sister came in her minivan and gave me a tow (using a tow strap) to my house about a mile away. I returned to the intersection and found the clevis and cable end with locknut in the road, chewed up slightly from traffic. I had a spare cable so I was able to make the repair quickly. Without the clevis and locknut it would have been days.

Mark, I'll take two hardware kits and one cable. Thanks as always.
sbsix
Mark, part numbers for 914-4 and 914-6 clutch cables are different. Will your cable be universal? If so, I'm in for the kit.
Markl
I'm in for one plus cable.
Kansas 914
2 complete sets for me please - cheers!
patssle
1 set with cable. Thanks!
914nola
One for me with cable
black73
One without cable for me, please.
Rleog
Set with cable please
eric9144
In with a cable beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(sbsix @ Oct 22 2014, 08:38 AM) *

Mark, part numbers for 914-4 and 914-6 clutch cables are different. Will your cable be universal? If so, I'm in for the kit.

These are the 4 cables.
SixerJ
I'll take one & combine with some other rubber for the project car to save in shipping. I would also take a 6 cable as if that gets figured in time
jeffdon
Forgive my stupidity, but where does the rubber bellows go? My car has never had one.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 22 2014, 06:10 AM) *

Great ! This is a smok'en deal...put me in.

JIm,
Is this a pic of my car at WCR?
Sure looks familiar.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 23 2014, 08:24 AM) *

Forgive my stupidity, but where does the rubber bellows go? My car has never had one.

Right here
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2014, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 23 2014, 08:24 AM) *

Right here

The rubber does not get drawn into the pulley and get torn up?

Thinking a silicon molded cover that fitted over the entire pulley bracket would be a good idea. Something that snapped over with no need for fastners. It would keep both the pulley and cable clean.
wes
I in for a set with cable thanks!
clapeza
I'll take a set without cable.

Chester
restore2seater
I'm in for 1 without cable.
bakerj
Two sets for me please.
edrotol
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 21 2014, 10:22 PM) *

Really a great deal fro many hard to find and overpriced parts.

So, who's interested ?

one complete set for me thanks
Mikey914
Trying to get these posted up tonight. along with a few other items. I have one item pending that I need to get posted up, but I was awaiting Mcmark to get back to me on.
-mark
mapguy
Just now saw this. Too late to get for one with cable?
Mikey914
QUOTE(mapguy @ Oct 23 2014, 11:06 PM) *

Just now saw this. Too late to get for one with cable?

Nope,
I have been holding back on these until I can get one more GB posted so that they all can be combined to save money on shipping.
It's a cool one too. Will eliminate one more source of fluids on your garage floor.
ndfrigi
1 set please but no cable. I have an order also for GB pedal under post 15. Please message me for payment details and what deadline for the payment. Ty!
brant
One set with cable please
somd914
One set with cable please. Thanks!
old914dog
QUOTE(somd914 @ Oct 24 2014, 03:27 AM) *

One set with cable please. Thanks!

2 sets please.
Niklas
3 sets no cables for me.
+1 for me w/o cable. Also on 2 other buys but don't see on the website as of last night?
wndsrfr
One with cable for me......nice work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.