Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instruments going to Palo Alto speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
I have a 74 that I have been working on for what seems like for ever I also have a 73 parts car with silver dot instrument which I like though of corse the black dot came with 74. So my question is it going mess with value of the car when the time comes to sell or would it not be of any consequences?
One set is going to Palo Alto Speedometer not sure which way to go!
My car is pretty much stock with the exception of a bit more HP in the engine.
Cairo94507
I personally like the silver dot instruments. I think they look nicer than the others. So long as all are same, I can't imagine someone getting their panties in a wad unless your car is 100% stock and they are looking for that level car.
914Sixer
Go for what you like! Gauge swap is not a big deal.
mepstein
Restore the silver dot. Keep the black in a box for sale time.
KELTY360
I have an early '74 2.0 (#700) that came with silver dots. I know of other '74s with the same configuration but I don't know when they ran out of the '73 parts in the bin. My compliance label shows a build date of 8/73.

If it were me, I'd definitely do the silver dots unless I was doing a 100 point concurs car with a late build date. If you've got an early build date then no problem.
ConeDodger
North Hollywood will put silver dots on your black ones for a minimal charge...
wes
Thanks Ill go with what I like and save the black!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.