Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southwest Florida lunch !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jtg
Since the Tropical Ramble was put on hold til next year how about an informal lunch somewhere near SW Fl/Ft Myers? I've heard rumors of 914's in Marco, Bonita Beach, Sanibel. How about picking a convenient day and meet for lunch somewhere centrally located?

Suggest a day and place. It would be fun to compare cars in the parking lot and have a little lunch. Majority rules for place and time, we'll give it a week for suggestions then make the call depending on interest.

Jim
chads74
Sounds like fun to me. I am not too picky on dates or times, hopefully some of the other guys will chime in.
jtg
914 lunch SW Florida: looks like one in Tampa and one in Ft Myers interested in a lunch. I think that if we get 3 or more by next week we'll set a time and place the following Saturday.

Jim

QUOTE(chads74 @ Nov 17 2014, 09:42 AM) *

Sounds like fun to me. I am not too picky on dates or times, hopefully some of the other guys will chime in.

ThePaintedMan
I'm in too. I'm in St. Pete, not too far from Chad. Shane is down by you on Marco Island. I'd vote for something somewhat in-between. Perhaps Sarasota or Venice?
Vysoc
Hello from Bonita Springs,

In season I am available on most Sunday's and most Thursday's, I would love to get together or host at my home?

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
Ansbacher
I'm in Seminole (St. Pete). If my car is back on the road by then, I would show up.

Ansbacher
74 2.0L White
Jetsetsurfshop
Sunday are more of a possibility for me. I work retail and it's starting to get kinda busy. biggrin.gif mad.gif wacko.gif
Other thoughts for a meeting place.
Gulf coast autocrossers meet in ft Myers once a month. (We could abuse the cars! driving.gif )
Collier museum would be another idea. (Naples)
I don't care about where to get lunch, my car is pretty rowdy, not fun to drive around town. Would just drive up my other car. I'll try to make it wherever you guys decide.
snakemain
I'm down. In Tampa temporarily and 914less, but would love to hang out if I'm available.

E
VRROOMM1
MT DORA?
jtg
This is what I see so far:

Mt Dora, N. of Orlando-Vrroomm1

Tampa/St Pete-Chad, George, Ansbacher, E(snakemain)

Ft Myers-Jim

Bonita Springs-Vysoc

Marco-Shane

Sunday was mentioned twice...Weather looks good for either this coming Sat or Sun. Would Thanksgiving weekend interfere or should we wait another week?

Geographics leans toward Venice.....

Waiting a few more days for additions/corrections to the above...

Jim
tooms351
Im in for Saturday, maybe some go karting in palmetto on the way back?
JoeSharp
I would like to join also.
jtg
Ok, We'll try for Saturday. The weather is forecast to be sunny and 75.

Venice options:

1. Since some are driving from a ways a place near I-75 might help.
Not to scenic but near I-75 is a sandwich and beer place: http://www.brewburgersfl.com/ordereze/Default.aspx
Simple, not expensive, empty parking lot nearby. Also a Tomatillo's Fresh Mex and a Cracker Barrel nearby.

2. Downtown Venice is the Brew House Sports Grill
231 W Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34285
Another Sandwich place, a little nicer, right downtown with shopping etc. A big parking lot to meet in across the street.

Meet up at noon on Saturday?

Other suggestions for lunch? Votes? Opinions?

Jim
ThePaintedMan
Sorry guys, but I'm out this weekend. Forgot that I'll be in Daytona crewing a car. Have fun though! driving.gif
snakemain
I'm heading to Jacksonville tomorrow. Might be back Saturday, but not sure.
Vysoc
Sorry,

I will be working on Saturday, Golf is King, many guest's visiting this Thanksgiving Weekend.

Vysoc flag.gif
VRROOMM1
i have to work
jtg
Hey, it's always difficult making something like this work. Lots of conflicting activities going on. I should have guessed and not tried for Thanksgiving weekend. I've had a conflict come up too and can't make it this weekend.

I'll throw out Sunday the 7th, 12 noon, along I-75. Location near Venice plus or minus 50 miles. We'll see how many takers and finalize the place next Tuesday. I hope that works for some. It would be a fun couple of hours to see some other examples of this rare car.

Jim
Jetsetsurfshop
Ill be at an Autox on the 7th in Ft. Myers. If this works for anyone, I'll see you there... driving.gif
Ansbacher
I am back on the road. Now just some tuning. I would be willing to go as far as Venice if it's near the Interstate on the 7th. I had just recently bought my car when it decided to fail. Have it back on the road now, but don't want to tax my luck going on too far of a highway drive as yet, but this sounds like a good test drive opportunity.

Ansbacher
74 2.0L White
Seminole (St. Pete)
chads74
7th is better for me also.
jtg
Ok, here's the final plan: (famous last words...)

Sunday , Dec 7th, 12 noon,
at the BrewBurger's
370 Commercial Ct
Venice, FL 34292

It's just south of the I-75 Exit 193, Plenty of parking lots nearby, several different types of resturants near, about 75 miles from both Ft Myers and Tampa.

Meet , eat, trade ideas and parts, swap rides, etc.

I'll tally the folks planning on attending on this forum and also attempt to PM everyone who has responded here sometime next week.

I'm looking forward to it.

Jim
jtg
Ansbacher, Yep, this place is right off I-75. Should be great to show off the cars and get a bit to eat. I'm looking forward to it.

I'll bring some tools and spare parts for you just in case.. ;.)

Jim

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Nov 26 2014, 08:36 PM) *

I am back on the road. Now just some tuning. I would be willing to go as far as Venice if it's near the Interstate on the 7th. I had just recently bought my car when it decided to fail. Have it back on the road now, but don't want to tax my luck going on too far of a highway drive as yet, but this sounds like a good test drive opportunity.

Ansbacher
74 2.0L White
Seminole (St. Pete)

Vysoc
Sounds good I have a small event that day but my Assistant should be able to handle the start and I can return to score the event at 5:00ish.
Anyone from Fort Myers, Naples or Marco wants to caravan up I-75 just PM me.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif

jtg
Post 22 has the current info.

So Far I think we have confirmed :

Ansbacher from Seminole
Vysoc from Bonita Springs
Jim from Ft Myers beach

Shaping up good.....

JoeSharp
And Joe Sharp from DeLand.
snakemain
I'll be there.
jtg
Looking good, on the list so far:

Joe from Deland
Ansbacher from Seminole/St Pete
Snakemain from Tampa
Vysoc from Bonita Springs
Jim + wife from Ft Myers beach

I'll show up early to try to see about seating. Please let me know how many are in your group so I can get an approximate count. Nothing firm or really organized about this. A real casual meet up.

I'll try to PM as many as I can tomorrow (tuesday) to get the word out. This might be a really nice way to spend the afternoon.

Jim
jtg
About 6 or so interested, on the list so far:

Joe from Deland
Snakemain from Tampa
George from St. Pete
Jim + 1 from Ft Myers Beach
Vysoc + 1 from Bonita Springs

Nothing firm or really organized about this. Real casual. I'm looking forward to seeing some other 914's.

Jim
carr914
Looks like some guys might come over to my house Saturday - so I won't go to Sebring for HSR.

So if that's the case, good chance to see me Sunday
JoeSharp
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2014, 06:51 AM) *

Looks like some guys might come over to my house Saturday - so I won't go to Sebring for HSR.

So if that's the case, good chance to see me Sunday

Huh???
JoeSharp
OK, see ya'll Sunday.
carr914
sounded good to me in my oddball logic. Going to race in a 60 Minute go-kart Enduro in Bradenton before the Lunch if anybody wants to join me

So I'll be a little late as my race is from 11-12
jtg
Ok, This thing is tomorrow! Good Weather should allow us to show up with tops off. (the cars I mean, not the girls.)

About 7 on the list so far:

Joe from Deland
Snakemain E from Tampa
T.C. from Tampa after he finishes playing with carts in Bradenton.
George from St. Pete after his Autocross in Ft Myers.
Jim + 1 from Ft Myers Beach
Vysoc + 1 from Bonita Springs

The address again:

Sunday , Dec 7th, 12 noon,
at the BrewBurger's
370 Commercial Ct
Venice, FL 34292

It's just south of the I-75 Exit 193, Plenty of parking lots nearby, about 75 miles from both Ft Myers and Tampa.

Lots of other responses from folks but with other commitments this week. They all indicated they would attend at another date. Someone else might think about organizing/hosting this again in the near future.

any questions: my email: jtg6789 at gmail.com

See you there.
Jim
JoeSharp
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 5 2014, 08:11 PM) *

sounded good to me in my oddball logic. Going to race in a 60 Minute go-kart Enduro in Bradenton before the Lunch if anybody wants to join me

So I'll be a little late as my race is from 11-12

TC, address of track please.
Vysoc
Sorry Gentlemen,

I missed 3 days of work this week with a nasty sinus infection, and I am in no shape to travel today. Feel like crap and can't stop coughing.

Sorry,

Vysoc sad.gif
JoeSharp
Great time. Well worth my drive. 8 people, 2 I already knew. Nice drive, nice time in NICE 914. Lets do this again.
carr914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Dec 7 2014, 09:39 AM) *

Sorry Gentlemen,

I missed 3 days of work this week with a nasty sinus infection, and I am in no shape to travel today. Feel like crap and can't stop coughing.

Sorry,

Vysoc sad.gif

Pete, I got that 3 weeks ago and just now feeling better. I can't take Meds (allergic to most everything medicinal), so I've just struggled through.

Hope you feel better soon - see you next time!
carr914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 7 2014, 06:08 PM) *

Great time. Well worth my drive. 8 people, 2 I already knew. Nice drive, nice time in NICE 914. Lets do this again.

Good to see you again my friend, Thanks for coming from afar!
jtg
Bonita and I had a great time. Nice to meet all of you. Got my 914 fix!

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.