Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Hayward and Scott 914-6 heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bluhun
A set of never-mounted Hayward and Scott 914-6 heat exchangers: 1-3/4" primaries and 2" collector with O2 sensor bung mounted on the driver's-side exchanger. Would not fit my application. $2K shipped in the continental US.
MikeInMunich
Wow, blink.gif
patrick3000
What engine were you using and why did they not fit?

Would these work on a 3.2?

Thanks
Cairo94507
Here is his thread on the fitment issues. Very upsetting as I really wanted to go with these for my Six. I guess I will be having my original heat exchangers ceramic coated and replace my heater flappers and hope for the best.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...245360&st=0
fixer34
See the new /6 HE thread . Supposedly a company in Denmark will soon be producing 'new' factory heat exchangers. Crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes up. Doesn't bode well for selling these though...
earossi
I just purchased these HE's from Bluhun. It is a crap shoot, but I'm hoping to be able to modify them to fit up to my 3.2. I'll keep the forum advised. The seller did mention the fit-up issues with the flanges, but not the rest. Time will tell.

UPDATE: After reading the story on the issues with these HE's, I changed my mind and backed out of the sale. Tom was understanding and nice enough to immediately refund my money.
Cairo94507
I feel sorry for the seller. I wanted a set of these until these issues were made known. For the money these cost, they should bolt right up with no issues and not interfere with oil changes, etc. As an aside I have contacted Hayward & Scott twice to get info about their heat exchangers and they have never returned one message. Sadly. I seriously hope the new heat exchangers are a reality in the near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.