Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Austin Tx
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CatDaddy60
Looking to relocate to Austin Texas and I am not looking for People to help me unload. I am looking for people who are 914 and Porsche people. Any Texans?
mapguy
That's my home town, but I live in SoCal now. So of course, I'm worthless to you.

914Sixer
I am down the road about an hour in Boerne.
zach914v8
I am in Houston. I don't know if I'm considered a Porsche guy though. Not very much Porsche stuff left in my car.
76-914
QUOTE(mapguy @ Nov 19 2014, 03:01 PM) *

That's my home town, but I live in SoCal now. So of course, I'm worthless to you.

Hey, me too!
vw505
I'm down is San Antonio.
ClayPerrine
I am 3 hours away in DFW. We make the trip down a lot to go to COTA.

Let me know if I can help.

CatDaddy60
Thanks My wife and I will be there close to the first of the year and once the move is complete we will have to meet. Thanks again
Woody
A few of us down in San Antonio.

Click to view attachment

We allow other color cars as well. Just ask permission first. beerchug.gif
dw914six
In Houston. Good luck in Austin.
SKL1
Was there for 3 days for the F1 race. Saw many wearing T-shirts saying "keep Austin weird", street downtown named for Caesar Chevas (sp?) so good luck!!
Bob L.
bye1.gif welcome.png
dknechtly
I'm up in Dallas (Wylie). Welcome to Texas.
julian914
I'm up in Killeen; about 35-45 min away.
theleschyouknow
chiming in from Fort Worth. welcome to Texas, you made it! &
welcome.png
griffindoug
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Nov 20 2014, 09:42 AM) *

chiming in from Fort Worth. welcome to Texas, you made it! &
welcome.png

hey there, I just moved here to Austin with my Wife back in March. We are settled now and finally working on my 914.

I found a mechanic who claimed to be great with 914s and type IV motors. I chose him to do my rebuild from a 1.8 to a 2056.

Well after 2 months, and a few grand in, I called to see how it was going. The next day he said he was mad I was asking him his progress and quit my build!!!

I had to drive two hours away to pick up my chassis and 5 boxes of engine parts, completely disassembled.

Basically, beware who you find to work on your baby. Drop me a PM when you get in town to meet up. I am sending my engine out to FAT performance to bail me out from the horrible mechanic, I should have it back in a few weeks.

Looking forward to meeting more teener fans.

CatDaddy60

Wow sorry to hear that. I was working on VWs with my Dad when I was a kid and I do most of my own work so I'll have to see who and what is up in The Great State of Texas. from the responses it looks like a great group that according to Texas standards are all neighbors anyway I look forward to meeting you all. Or is that y'all?
bandjoey
The Hill Country is just an hours drive from Austin and full of twisties. Let's all meet up there in January for a drive around. I can only come down on Sunday but it's just a few hours away from Fort Worth. After you're settled in, let us know and we might get a group up for a weekend. Google Fredericksburg TX and the Hill Country for a preview.

stinkindiesel
I'm in Georgetown, just a short hop north on IH35. I'd love to see more 914s in town.

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.