Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB early ball joint 901-341-049-04 or 901-341-049-00
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
danoswork
Hi all, looking for Early new NOS ball joint 1970 914. Must be of European manufacture, German preferred.
901-341-049-04
901-341-049-00

Need one!
Thanks.
914Sixer
Autohausaz.com $132.15
bdstone914
Pelican carries Lemforder for about $ 70.
euro911
Wow, 'early' ball joints are almost double the price of 'late' ones?

I bought a set of new Lemforders for my '75 from AZ last year, and more recently Meyhle uppers and lowers for the Vanagon and they were all reasonably priced.

I'm gonna need a set for my wife's '71 soon, so I guess I'll get the Lemforders from Pelican then idea.gif
gereed75
dano just happened to take one off of my 1970 yesterday. it has a slight hole in the boot. seems like the grease is good and it feels like it is fine - smooth and tight.

for you today, one new guy to a newer guy ...... free.

pm or post your address. if you don't catch me tonight i will be out until after thanksgiving.
danoswork
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Nov 23 2014, 05:12 PM) *

dano just happened to take one off of my 1970 yesterday. it has a slight hole in the boot. seems like the grease is good and it feels like it is fine - smooth and tight.

pm or post your address. if you don't catch me tonight i will be out until after thanksgiving.

Wow! Thanks sooo much... Allow me to at pay for shippingshipping!
No hurry.
Dan Oshima
9150 SW Mountain View Ln
Tigard OR 97224
gereed75
QUOTE(danoswork @ Nov 24 2014, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Nov 23 2014, 05:12 PM) *

Wow! Thanks sooo much... Allow me to at pay for shippingshipping!
No hurry.
Dan Oshima
9150 SW Mountain View Ln
Tigard OR 97224

Dan, I will try to get it out over the next couple of days.
danoswork
QUOTE(danoswork @ Nov 20 2014, 07:10 PM) *

Hi all, looking for Early new NOS ball joint 1970 914. Must be of European manufacture, German preferred.
901-341-049-04
901-341-049-00

Need one!
Thanks.

Update. Finally got two ball joints. One from a private seller. The second from Pelican.
I had two misfires from Ebay parts dealers, did BIN sent money got a URO sent to me. Paid $95 got a $30 chinese made BJ. Sent it back, Listing is still on Ebay advertising Lemfoerder part. Second buy almost same deal Order cancelled by seller, said Lemfoerder was not in stock, their auction ad is still running. Finall went to Pelicans site for a $70 Lemfoerder, placed order, paid and got call next day that they too were out of stock. Sooo frustrated, I bought the $148 gen Porsche part. got it today. Will start collecting 73 plus struts and switch over at some point! Thanks to all that sent advice!
914Sixer
Most of the sellers DO NOT UPDATE price lists right away. I know everybody thought I was crazy when I posted the Autohausaz price because they say on top of there pricing and let you know right away if it is in stock.
euro911
I've been buying parts from AZ for years, not just 914 stuff either. Usually they're prices are really good on top-rated brand-name items. I like them smile.gif
Brian_Boss
I'm pretty sure the early (pinch bolt) ball joints are out of stock in the entire supply chain, from Lemforder on down. The only place you can get them is someone that actually has them in physical inventory. We actually watched stock levels dropping over the last month or two.

I wish I had noticed this earlier because we have one pair on the shelf.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.