Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
kbrunk1
Having to move and am sad to sell this car.
2.0 L fuel injection - new tires - fuel lines - incredible little or no rust ~ 30,000 miles second owner - $9,500 - car in Dallas Texas and has the dealer added A/C but not reworked. Car is in incredible condition. 972 904 9393
brunkenhoefer@oncor.com
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ajco
E mail sent.

A.J.
wackii
nice car
kbrunk1

I think I way underpriced this car.
Am open for offers.
bcsellie
PM sent....would like to buy.
RFoulds
QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Nov 30 2014, 10:26 PM) *

Am open for offers.

You listed at a price, but now want offers.

Why dont you post a new asking price to give us an idea? Or is this an auction?
wackii
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Dec 1 2014, 09:26 AM) *

Am open for offers.

asking price should be doubled
billh1963
QUOTE(wackii @ Dec 1 2014, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Dec 1 2014, 09:26 AM) *

Am open for offers.

asking price should be doubled

Yep...good price two years ago.

If a complete appearance group car with low mileage, intact FI and no rust this is around a $20K car
Ferenc
Sold yet? Still taking offers? If still taking offers, this is most important:

Please provide more photographs.

I don't mind bidding over the original asking price if the car is as good as it looks, but it's impossible to judge condition from only three pictures. Anybody making a serious offer will need more to go on. We need pix of engine, underside of car, sufficient detail shots (wheels, door handles), plus additional interior shots (with closeups of dials and controls). Also (hugely important to potential 914 buyers), we need shots of the trunks with carpet removed showing rust-free condition.

Remember, for those of us who can't see the car in person (most of us, I wager), YOU are serving as our eyes to inspect the car!

I hope you will provide these pictures. If the car is a gem, it will only serve you better in the long run. I am serious about making you an offer, and I see some other people are as well. The more good pix, the more we potential buyers have to get excited about.

kbrunk1
Sorry for the initial low post price. I have more pictures but I have not pulled the mats out and taken pictures. Will do and post along with engine and "hell hole."

The suggested price of $20k by billh1963 sounds good. When the car was brought back to life after it sat in a garage from 1983 to 2013 the gas sat in the tank and stuck the fuel gauge. I have not used lacquer thinner to clean the wires where the float goes up and down. Also have new temp sensor that is not installed. It will probably be this weekend before I can take the pictures without the mats. New master cylinder, moved fuel pump to front, vacuum lines, tires, spark plug wires, door gaskets were replaced, zinc plated brake calipers, tank re-vatted and sealed, rocker arm tube seals, axle seal. Thanks to all at 914 World for the great advice!Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
MG 44
Is it ebay here ?
914runnow
C'mon everybody..give the guy a break..he does not seem to be
pulling a 'fast one'..we as a group are here to help and support..

Awesome car..hope someone here will get to fullfill a desire of theirs..
sorry for your loss..
Rx
tumamilhem
PM sent this morning.
tumamilhem
PM sent this morning.
1stworks
QUOTE(914runnow @ Dec 2 2014, 02:37 PM) *

C'mon everybody..give the guy a break..he does not seem to be
pulling a 'fast one'..we as a group are here to help and support..

Awesome car..hope someone here will get to fullfill a desire of theirs..
sorry for your loss..
Rx

+ 1

Sweet ride!
billh1963
QUOTE(MG 44 @ Dec 2 2014, 04:12 PM) *

Is it ebay here ?

The seller was probably inundated by PM's and Emails as soon as he posted since many dealers/flippers spend all day searching for cars to flip. The seller realized something was amiss based on the level of interest and reassessed his price. Had he accepted a deposit and reneged it would be different. He did not do that so no harm.

kbrunk1
I have been getting questions about history. The car was owned by a co-worker who passed away. ~He owned the car from 1973 until 10 or 15 years later. Then another co-worker bought it from the widow wife and garaged it until Jan-2012 when I bought the car. He never got interested or drove the car or even transferred the title (so I am second owner from a title perspective). He stored it in his garage. This forum taught me how to do all the work described above in the posts. Great group of guys! Unbelievably actually that folks give out so much free advice. Below is a picture of the car after ~15+ years of dust. I realize the dates are messed up a little in by story. I had a blast working on the car. Click to view attachment
etcmss
recommend pictures of all the concern areas showing condition before believing its a 20K price. Bill had indicated no rust and that has not been shown. Hell hole, engine mounts, under interior carpets, jack points, longs and under trunk carpet all must show great to support this price.
billh1963
QUOTE(etcmss @ Dec 3 2014, 04:11 AM) *

recommend pictures of all the concern areas showing condition before believing its a 20K price. Bill had indicated no rust and that has not been shown. Hell hole, engine mounts, under interior carpets, jack points, longs and under trunk carpet all must show great to support this price.

You are absolutely correct! For $20k the car must be virtually rust free, the engine must have FI in place, and the car must be in truly excellent condition. Any rust, carbs on the engine, etc. means you may have to start subtracting. Thorough description and pictures help support the price.
914Next
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 3 2014, 06:22 AM) *

You are absolutely correct! For $20k the car must be virtually rust free, the engine must have FI in place, and the car must be in truly excellent condition. Any rust, carbs on the engine, etc. means you may have to start subtracting. Thorough description and pictures help support the price.

I Don't disagree but I also think we need to recognize that truly exceptional examples are beginning to distance themselves from the rest of the pack. I recently paid QUITE a bit more than $20k for an amazingly clean and original Bahia red '73 2.0. One owner for 41 years with documented 45k miles and original owner statement verifying ownership and the fact the car is 100% original with all documents with the exception of a blend-in of paint on the left front quarter when another car scraped the turn signal area in a parking garage. I'm thrilled with the car and the price paid was absolutely acceptable to me because you just can't find original cars like this anymore.

Agree more documentation is needed on the car under discussion but if it is rust free, all original and clean as described (including original paint) I'd pay north of $20k all day long.
914Next
Looks like we'll get to see what the market might bear on this car. More pics and its not quite as clean as the original description made it sounds but it does appear to be a very clean car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331404777936?ssPag...mMakeTrack=true
billh1963
QUOTE(914Next @ Dec 3 2014, 08:00 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 3 2014, 06:22 AM) *

I Don't disagree but I also think we need to recognize that truly exceptional examples are beginning to distance themselves from the rest of the pack. I recently paid QUITE a bit more than $20k for an amazingly clean and original Bahia red '73 2.0. One owner for 41 years with documented 45k miles and original owner statement verifying ownership and the fact the car is 100% original with all documents with the exception of a blend-in of paint on the left front quarter when another car scraped the turn signal area in a parking garage. I'm thrilled with the car and the price paid was absolutely acceptable to me because you just can't find original cars like this anymore.

Agree more documentation is needed on the car under discussion but if it is rust free, all original and clean as described (including original paint) I'd pay north of $20k all day long.

I agree the best of the best will draw bigger money. I think that's true for any air cooled Porsche these days.

Ebay will determine the true price. Judging by the current bid I guess the seller is happy he changed his original asking price laugh.gif
kbrunk1
Since is fairly inexpensive I have listed this car on ebay.
I have the original sales invoice and the original owners wife is still living if a letter is important.
I have placed more extensive pictures on ebay.
Thanks to all for the comments, suggestions, and advice.

A longer narrative of the car is listed on ebay.

G e o r g e
You state that you have hell hole pictures up on the ebay ad, but what there is doesn't really show it at all. I would like to see how you opened up the drain holes? you need the drivers side as well. on the trrunks can you post a picture of the trunck floor below the tail lights? Also can you take a closer picture of the top of the front hood on the passengers side as it appears to have fresh paint over ??? rust? I'm not sure. Open the hood and if the seal is loose pull it back to get a good shot.
lastly can you get a good over head shot of how the dealer ship cut in the compressor for the AC, I'm interested in seeing the amount of repairs needed to remove the AC.
914Next
seems like there is quite a bit of red overspray in the engine compartment. What has been repainted?
kbrunk1
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Dec 5 2014, 07:51 PM) *

You state that you have hell hole pictures up on the ebay ad, but what there is doesn't really show it at all. I would like to see how you opened up the drain holes? you need the drivers side as well. on the trrunks can you post a picture of the trunck floor below the tail lights? Also can you take a closer picture of the top of the front hood on the passengers side as it appears to have fresh paint over ??? rust? I'm not sure. Open the hood and if the seal is loose pull it back to get a good shot.
lastly can you get a good over head shot of how the dealer ship cut in the compressor for the AC, I'm interested in seeing the amount of repairs needed to remove the AC.

If you are truly interested in making an offer in the upper teens, then I will send you all the pictures you want.
Your comments would be appreciated.
kbrunk1
QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Dec 9 2014, 10:06 PM) *

If you are truly interested in making an offer in the upper teens, then I will send you all the pictures you want.

Phone numbers are allowed on ebay. Shoot me an ebay inquiry as I do not think they want phone numbers on this site.

cpfoster
Maybe it's just me, but after following this thread in its' entirety, and also following your Ebay auction, I'm starting to feel sorry for the people on this site that lent you their time and expertise to get your car ready to sell.
cpfoster
PS - Your phone number is listed in your first post of this thread
G e o r g e
QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Dec 9 2014, 08:06 PM) *

You state that you have hell hole pictures up on the ebay ad, but what there is doesn't really show it at all. I would like to see how you opened up the drain holes? you need the drivers side as well. on the trunks can you post a picture of the trunk floor below the tail lights? Also can you take a closer picture of the top of the front hood on the passengers side as it appears to have fresh paint over ??? rust? I'm not sure. Open the hood and if the seal is loose pull it back to get a good shot.

Without the pictures i requested i wouldn't make you any offer,
but i'm sure if the pictures clarified actual conditions I and others may get your car closer to the $20,000 range.or put any interest to bed.

this site is not ebay , your 1st post still asks for $9500. you need to edit it with your real asking price.
Cuda911
So, I'm assuming the car is no longer available for $9,500? If it is, I'm in.
billh1963
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Dec 10 2014, 03:56 AM) *

So, I'm assuming the car is no longer available for $9,500? If it is, I'm in.

Current bid on ebay is over $14K
rhodyguy
Am I the only one who feels the ac and the resulting metal removal is a minus? Perhaps if Eric's rule had been observed the car could have been had at a great price.
billh1963
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 10 2014, 01:05 PM) *

Am I the only one who feels the ac and the resulting metal removal is a minus? Perhaps if Eric's rule had been observed the car could have been had at a great price.

What is Eric's rule?
bcsellie
I offered him above list at $10k, and then was told it was now $20k. Slightly disappointed to say the least.

I own a 1988 930 Factory Slantnose Cab.....if I offered it for $60k, got tons of interest, then bumped it to $120k, I'd likely receive the same feedback.

BTW, it's not for sale smile.gif
malcolm2
pushing $15K with 3 days to go, but the last 4 bids are from folks with less than 5 eBay transactions. Seller beware!
914runnow
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 10 2014, 11:05 AM) *

I posted this in here on another car for sale....
My wifes nephew just bought a 73 2.0 Ivory w/ ac..48000 miles
and 2 owner car from Cali..it is q tip clean and pristine..
he took it to 2 local concours in washington state..
both events 2 different people at each event offered 40 g for it..
Alan Caldwell was even amazed..hard to trip him up!!
soooooo the ac hit might not be that big of deal.. confused24.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(bcsellie @ Dec 10 2014, 01:43 PM) *

I offered him above list at $10k, and then was told it was now $20k. Slightly disappointed to say the least.

I own a 1988 930 Factory Slantnose Cab.....if I offered it for $60k, got tons of interest, then bumped it to $120k, I'd likely receive the same feedback.

BTW, it's not for sale smile.gif

While I understand your disappointment; let's look at it this way. I don't know the seller; however, let's assume he doesn't waste all his time on this forum and monitoring Porsche prices. He decides to post his car for what he paid and gets inundated with emails. He figures something is up and decides to change his price.

If you weren't following the market and listed your slantnose for what you paid...and were inundated with inquiries...wouldn't you do the same? Damn right you would.

You made an offer and it was not accepted...big deal. Had he accepted a deposit I could see you being disappointed. But, as far as I can tell he didn't accept anyone's money.

HaraPuzo
really nice car you've got there! good luck with the sell. I'm a newbie too, so this is all a learning experience for me.
etcmss
Eric's rule---notice its classified basics.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=194079

don't comment on ads unless......
HaraPuzo
ah, okay. sorry for breaking the rules!
honestly didn't know but makes perfect sense not to clutter up the threads.
fyi, i posted other comments on a few other pages yesterday....soooo, please don't ban me smile.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Dec 13 2014, 09:44 AM) *

ah, okay. sorry for breaking the rules!
honestly didn't know but makes perfect sense not to clutter up the threads.
fyi, i posted other comments on a few other pages yesterday....soooo, please don't ban me smile.gif

I wouldn't worry about it, this thread needs to be moved to the EBAY listings group.

still need better pictures to get to 20,000.
bcsellie
Sold for $15,700.
bcsellie
Strike that....didn't meet reserve........
kbrunk1
If someone is really serious, then the I will gladly send a lot of pictures.
At this point, I do not see the need to post 20 more pictures.

Again, if you want the car I will send pictures. Thanks for looking.
bcsellie
QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Dec 19 2014, 06:56 PM) *

If someone is really serious, then the I will gladly send a lot of pictures.
At this point, I do not see the need to post 20 more pictures.

Again, if you want the car I will send pictures. Thanks for looking.

Perhaps you could revisit the big question now that it didn't sell on eBay.....

What is the price? How much?
Cuda911
This is certainly one odd for-sale thread!

OP comes on here asking $9,500 for his car, and gets full price offers.

People here are kind enough to let him know he under-priced it.

So, suddenly car is no longer available at that price. It then shows up on EBay with an undisclosed reserve, doesn't sell, and OP acts all annoyed when appropriate additional pix are requested, and won't disclose sales price.

The car looks beautiful, but I personally would not deal with this seller.
kbrunk1
Car has been sold. After an examination by a reputable mechanic, I misrepresented the car concerning the topic of original paint. This car has some minor fender work and some other touch up work of which I did not realize existed (which the inspection folks pointed out). Having afterthoughts, this now does not surprise me as I am more a a mechanic and not a paint and body guy and did not know this. (The original owner had died.) Due to this fact, this reduced the "originality" of the car and hence I did not sell it for close to $20 K and I reduced the price by a substantial amount. In any case this car is in fantastic condition and is as clean as they come and the new owner is very happy.

In closing (to this group and forum), I want to thank everyone who helped me restore this car. It was really fun to do and the people in 914 World are unbelievable.

Until I buy another 914, thanks for everything. Kbrunk1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.