Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 3 Hand throttles for carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mikey914
I have a few extra hand throttle assemblies hanging out. Let me know if you want one.

daytona
Hi,
Just curious; where do you mount the hand throttle? Center console?
Bill.
tornik550
I am interested also however I have the same question as above. Where do you mount these?
SA-914
I will take one.
bdstone914
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Dec 17 2014, 06:55 AM) *

I am interested also however I have the same question as above. Where do you mount these?

Pretty sure they mount in the same place as the ones on the -6 which is in the slot in the front of the shifter. My question is do you have to weld your own tab on the accelerator crank on the pedal set?
johnhora
Mark...these are really nice....another great product....wish you had been making these way back when I had 4cyl carbed 914s.....my 914-6 comes stock with this feature and it is great for warm up....even used it for a fake cruse control once....
It goes in front of your shifter and pushes forward on the accelerator bracket in the tunnel. That is what that slit is for on the front side of the shifter floor support.
If you have carbs you would love one....never knew what I was missing until I go the 914-6...start the car up set the lever and rest your right foot....no more continuous holding the throttle down...

Mikey914
I hope this helps cleat this up a little. The mount on the tunnel and have a plate that gets attached to the back of the accelerator portion of the pedal assembly.

Let me be perfectly clear - we do not recommend using this as a cruse control and only make the product to be used as a choke. The autocross guys set the height at about 2000 rpm so when they shift the motor will not wind down as much. This is a closed course application.

2 left
forrestkhaag
I would like to purchase / can you send me an invoice to PayPal forrest@fkhmail.com to be sent to 92651? Thanks
forrestkhaag
I would like to purchase / can you send me an invoice to PayPal forrest@fkhmail.com to be sent to 92651? Thanks
Kansas 914
PM sent - thanks Mark.
11tenths
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 17 2014, 06:57 AM) *

I have a few extra hand throttle assemblies hanging out. Let me know if you want one.

Mark- I'm in- PM me total, and thanks for making these.

Cheers- Harry
hblyle
I'm in for one! My email is Tonelliracing@yahoo.com
era vulgaris
Is there a way to use one of these if you have a center console?
BuddyV
PM sent - I will take one.

Cheers!
FourteenFour
I'll check to see if there are any left in a PM.
Mikey914
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Dec 18 2014, 05:18 PM) *

Is there a way to use one of these if you have a center console?

I haven't tried, but in theory it could be modified.

There was such a response I did up a few extras, so if you want one let me know. I have another 3 I can ship out right away.
daviddisanto
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 17 2014, 03:57 AM) *

I would like one, please contact me at disantocorp@msn.com Thanks, Dave
rhodyguy
the technical drawing is very helpful.
morgan_harwell
Thanks Mikey!

I purchased one of these hand throttles last Summer and installed it in my 914-6conversion this past weekend. Install went smoothly.

My 2.4L CIS engine is an early one out of a 1973.5 911T, which was not equipped with an Auxillary Air Regulator the later CIS injected 911s got. If I remember correctly, 1973 911s also came with hand throttles.

To start the cold CIS engine now: depress throttle pedal slightly, pull back new hand throttle lever, release throttle pedal, turn ignition key and neet neet VROOOM!, and now the cold engine idles by itself without stalling smile.gif.

I have since retired the very finely crafted wood block to the wood stove.
The block that I used to place between the throttle & brake pedals after start up to hold the engine at high-idle, for the past 28 years.
eyesright
Mikey914

I bought mine last summer. I figure the installation will be an no brainer when I get to that point...but thanks for the picture and diagram. It WILL be a no brainer now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.