Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Beach Party!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

I'm going to pull some of these events out so those who may not be following the "Coast to Coast" thread can see, join, participate.

The bottom line is; I'll be driving my 914 from coast to coast to celebrate the 914 being the featured mark at the "Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance" this year in Jacksonville, FL. The LA Literature and Toy Show, along with the SoCal "All Porsche Swap and Car Show" will be held the weekend before Amelia Island so, this gave me the idea... "Why not drive from one event to the other?"

This will be a "From sea to shining sea" drive so, we're planning a send off party on the west coast and a "we made it" party (hopefully). biggrin.gif

Here's the details on the West Coast Party:

When: Saturday, March 7th
Where: Corona Del Mar Beach
What Time: 5:00 - Until?

Beach basics; we're hoping to secure a fire pit and have chips and dogs etc.

Parking: See the sign below and, there's usually street parking for free within a block or two of the beach.

See you there!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
That is "Big Corona," for those coming.
green914
Can't make it to the party sad.gif .
driving.gif from coast to coast w00t.gif have an awesome trip.
jim_hoyland
Sound good. We are entering the Rainey season, you may want to select an alternate spot as well. I'll look around, I'm in that area regularly
monkeyboy
Sounds like fun. If my car is tuned by then I will drive it, otherwise I will be on my air cooled two wheeled beast.
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

Looking for a head count for the beach party. I've had a bunch of people touch base independently and say they're going but, I just wanted to get an indicator here.

Looks like weather will be AMAZING.
monkeyboy
I am in for sure. Car is running.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 1 2015, 06:45 PM) *

Hey Gang,

Looking for a head count for the beach party. I've had a bunch of people touch base independently and say they're going but, I just wanted to get an indicator here.

Looks like weather will be AMAZING.

See ya there.
JRust
Sorry way to far south for me to be able to swing it! Have a blast though happy11.gif . Looking forward to updates on your trip
effutuo101
Address:
3001 Ocean Blvd, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625

Too many plans this weekend!
Have fun and drive safe!
sda4property@gmail.com
Erik,

5:00PM. I want to roll. My 914 wont be done so I will take the 930 however;
Perhaps I can get my crew to roll the silver bullet. 73 2.0 along side.
Great photo opp..!
76-914
I just saw you a coupe of years ago and I don't think you will have gotten any better looking. av-943.gif Other plans in the mix. Have fun.
BigFour1973
I will be there! just finished installing my sway bar last night, i just need to put in the gas tank and put on my new (to me) wheels and im set. first drive with the fuchs. I just wish the 5 was windier so i could test out the sway bar.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Mar 2 2015, 03:34 PM) *

I will be there! just finished installing my sway bar last night, i just need to put in the gas tank and put on my new (to me) wheels and im set. first drive with the fuchs. I just wish the 5 was windier so i could test out the sway bar.

Use three lanes. driving.gif laugh.gif
olsib914
see you all there. my 914 came from CDM plus I work there it is my "window view"
Palmer the mailman
sb914
If it don't snow, I'll be thereClick to view attachment
sb914
Crazy hail storm yesterday Click to view attachment
monkeyboy
At least they didn't salt the roads in Huntington!
Hawk
OK great. See you in beach shirts and sandals Buddy!
914_teener
QUOTE(Hawk @ Mar 3 2015, 08:21 AM) *

OK great. See you in beach shirts and sandals Buddy!

Forecast is for 80 degrees for this weekend after the "snow" storm in HB!
jim_hoyland
I'm in. Can I bring anything ?
Eric_Shea
See you all there.

DZ... All the way from the winter wonderland??? beerchug.gif
Alphaogre
Going to do what I can to try and make it out! Just got everything back together tonight.
PlantMan
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 25 2015, 09:09 AM) *

Hey Gang,

I'm going to pull some of these events out so those who may not be following the "Coast to Coast" thread can see, join, participate.

The bottom line is; I'll be driving my 914 from coast to coast to celebrate the 914 being the featured mark at the "Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance" this year in Jacksonville, FL. The LA Literature and Toy Show, along with the SoCal "All Porsche Swap and Car Show" will be held the weekend before Amelia Island so, this gave me the idea... "Why not drive from one event to the other?"

This will be a "From sea to shining sea" drive so, we're planning a send off party on the west coast and a "we made it" party (hopefully). biggrin.gif

Here's the details on the West Coast Party:

When: Saturday, March 7th
Where: Corona Del Mar Beach
What Time: 5:00 - Until?

Beach basics; we're hoping to secure a fire pit and have chips and dogs etc.

Parking: See the sign below and, there's usually street parking for free within a block or two of the beach.

See you there!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I think that Jetty in the background can be seen in the opening credits of Gilligan's Island! laugh.gif

I can tell you it won't be a 3 hour tour for Eric!
Hawk
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 4 2015, 12:23 AM) *

See you all there.

DZ... All the way from the winter wonderland??? beerchug.gif

Oh ya, it's an annual escape for us now. Party of 4 here, down front at the firepit please!
Larmo63
Yes, they did film that opening segment of Gilligan's Island at the opening of Newport Harbor. Right on the north side of the north jetty is the Wedge,
famous body surfing spot. Now guys surf it.

Should we bring anything? Probably beach chairs…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeL1KJepYps
Elliot Cannon
This guy had a house at the north side of the jetty. There have been a few spinal injuries at the "Wedge". Years ago a friend did a full "face plant" into the sand there. He had to go to the dentist to get the inside of his upper lip removed from his braces. av-943.gif Although it wasn't too funny at the time. (Not for him anyway). biggrin.gif
BigFour1973
Anyone coming from Long beach area or north of?

If so, would you like to meet up and caravan down there?
BigFour1973
Bump, tomorrow is the day.

Who's up to roll down in a group?
colingreene
ill be there.
BigFour1973
I'm keeping my fingers crossed So Cal Imports has the proper ignition switch i need. Today mine decided to get intermittent on me. sure enough i pulled it out and a huge crack was running down the side. its up on stands right now with the dash all pulled apart. Wish me luck. driving.gif
rgalla9146
Any pics yet ?
Cuda911
Where on the beach are people meeting. It's a pretty good-sized beach and I don't know what anyone looks like. Will you have a flag or something?

Are we supposed to bring hot dogs, etc.?

BigFour1973
I'm wondering the same thing. I'll say it's a safe bet to look for the yellow 914. I'll be in a Phoenix red but again, the beach is fairly large. As for hot dogs, they're cheap so I'd say bring some just incase confused24.gif
Cuda911
Anyone wanna PM me their cell number so I can try and hunt down the group?
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Hawk
California rocks! Nice get together, thanks much Eric.
-the Michigan contingent
ndfrigi
Anyone there now and can share some pictures of the group? Thanks!

Edit: Oops there you go!!!

I should have just went there even my unfinish rear driver side 5 lug conversion was not installed.
Hawk
More
Hawk
Last
Hawk
914 tequila sunset
cary
Nice meeting everyone tonight.
I hope to see some of you in the morning. The Princess is going to sleep in.

Rochelle and I found some good sushi. Sushi Karu.
Cuda911
Good meeting you all there for the west coast kick off to the trip.

And, only 9% of the cars required a flat-bed to get back home!
BigFour1973
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 7 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Good meeting you all there for the west coast kick off to the trip.

And, only 9% of the cars required a flat-bed to get back home!

Well I'm back home, the passenger side axle and stub axle are out, good thing I have a back up stub because the current one is missing half the threads on one hole... Should have it operational tomorrow night. Good to meet you all
colingreene
I seriously would have spared you the ride with the tow truck driver.
I also minorly broke my car a little on the way home apparently.
My speedo angle drive decided it would be cool to explode.
oldschool
QUOTE(colingreene @ Mar 7 2015, 11:00 PM) *

Dude you're one funny cat...nice to meet you today.
BigFour1973
QUOTE(colingreene @ Mar 7 2015, 11:00 PM) *

No worries, I wouldn't have had motivation to stop drinking if I didn't catch a ride with him. I guess his burps smelled bad, he didn't even spit out the mouthwash rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.