Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor Mount bolt size/length?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BuddyV
I am installing a 2.0 with a side shift trans...... I need to buy the outer volts that attach the motor mount bar to the underside of the car. I have only had tail shift cars until now....

What size bolt (and length) do I use. I thought I had heard M10 x ?

Also, just (2) washers and nylon lock nut for each side??? I peeked under the car at the mounting pint, and there seems to be a platform mounted in the circular opening..... does this platform restrict the use of a standard washer???

Thank you for your help..... hoping bolts/washers/nuts are easily found at my local hardware store...... but please let me know if there are any "special" parts that I should know about.

Cheers!

DavidSweden
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Mar 29 2015, 10:51 AM) *

I am installing a 2.0 with a side shift trans...... I need to buy the outer volts that attach the motor mount bar to the underside of the car. I have only had tail shift cars until now....

What size bolt (and length) do I use. I thought I had heard M10 x ?

Also, just (2) washers and nylon lock nut for each side??? I peeked under the car at the mounting pint, and there seems to be a platform mounted in the circular opening..... does this platform restrict the use of a standard washer???

Thank you for your help..... hoping bolts/washers/nuts are easily found at my local hardware store...... but please let me know if there are any "special" parts that I should know about.

Cheers!

M10x85. No problem with washer size

IPB Image
BuddyV
Thank you, Davidsweden!

Very much appreciated.....

Cheers! drunk.gif
cconcepcion
Hey buddy,
I have #'s 16, 15, 14, 18 and 19. They were removed from a late 914. Lemme know if you want 'em.
They ship from Peoria, AZ
Regards,
Cesar
TheCabinetmaker
Be sure to note on the breakdown that the bolt head is on the bottom. That's to keep from buggering up the threads when you run over something or meet an unfriendly speed bump.
BuddyV
Threads up - I agree.

Although I can understand why some install the other way..... seems easier when installing.

Cheers, all. I am ready to install my motor!

piratenanner.gif
Dave_Darling
Actually, the washers are not standard ones. They are not a complete circle on the outside, but have two flat edges so that they fit in the U channel piece. (See #22 in the diagram above.)

--DD
BuddyV
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 29 2015, 05:56 PM) *

Actually, the washers are not standard ones. They are not a complete circle on the outside, but have two flat edges so that they fit in the U channel piece. (See #22 in the diagram above.)

--DD

DAMN!

I was wondering about the shape of that mounting plate!

Where's the best place to buy two (2) washers (special)?
bdstone914
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Mar 29 2015, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 29 2015, 05:56 PM) *

--DD

DAMN!

I was wondering about the shape of that mounting plate!

Where's the best place to buy two (2) washers (special)?

Round ones will fit. Need thick grade 8.8.
Dave_Darling
Yeah, I think the ones with the flat sides are oversized. You can probably fake one up by taking a grinder to an oversized washer.

Part number is: 914.375.162.00

--DD
7TPorsh
Reviving an old thread with a relevant question.

WHat is the pitch of the motor mount bolts? Specifically for a 1970. Supply house has 1.0, 1.25, and 1.5
Krieger
95% probability of 1.5. As long as it matches the nuts it doesn't make a difference
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.