Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN Hershey attendees
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Check your bank accounts if you used a card up there. Someone got my account number and hit me pretty hard yesterday. Hershey / NOVA are the only places I've been out of the ordinary lately and used the business card. I just spent close to 2 hours on the phone with 3 different police jurisdictions and banks. Charges were all over the world and no one called about suspicious activity, yet every time I order something from Restoration Design it gets declined if I don't first call and have the hold lifted WTF.gif

. It would be interesting to see if anyone else got hit and we were at the same place mad.gif That may require a trip back up there soon ar15.gif
MMW
Sorry to hear that. Just checked mine & all is good. I used my debit at the museum, Funcks & Scheetz.

Used the MasterCard at Knights Inn.
rmdinmd
Part of reason I tend to use cash. would like to think all the venders are honest but you never know. Co worker got whacked a couple of years ago but he uses it for everything including coffee dry.gif .
somd914
Scotty,

Sorry to hear you about your credit card woes. I checked mine, all seems fine, but only charged lunch at Troegs and a Marriott on the west side of Hershey.

As for suspicious activity, had a Visa with Barclay and what a PITA - the constantly shut the card down - overly protective. And the one case of fraud, about $800 of Disney Land and Magic Kingdom tickets, though I hadn't been in SOCAL for months, it took almost seven months to resolve, and they held me accountable for the charges/interest in the meantime. Discover on the other hand with over $2,500 in fraud was incredibly easy to resolve. Good luck.

- Scott
Big Len
Thanks for pointing this out.
scotty b
I talked to one of my local friends that was at the roach motel with us today. They charged him twice....on different days for his room. KI refuses to refund so he has filed a dispute with Master Card. I'm not saying his issue is related to mine, but you can't ignore the coincidence
stevegm
Bummer, Scotty. Thanks for the heads up.
ejm
Used my Visa at Funcks, Sheetz and the Knights with no problems showing up so far. At the car wash next to the Knights I tried unsuccessfully to swipe my Visa and then my Amex. Told the guy my cards wouldn't work and he turned it on for free. piratenanner.gif
Bulldog9
Probably from a gas station. We've had a problem in my area lately with those fake readers, or with a secondary card reader attached to 'swipe' machines, particularly at parking garages, ATM's and gas stations. Frequent enough to stop using my DEBT card. Much easier to get a 'freeze' on your credit card than cash back in your bank account.
okieflyr
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 25 2015, 05:45 PM) *

I talked to one of my local friends that was at the roach motel with us today. They charged him twice....on different days for his room. KI refuses to refund so he has filed a dispute with Master Card. I'm not saying his issue is related to mine, but you can't ignore the coincidence

KI tapped my card twice on the same day for an additional 31.00.
I called them on it afterwards and got the "I made a mistake and didn't charge you the group rate" reasoning...... WTF.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.