Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Wishes to Cap'n Krusty!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bigkensteele
confused24.gif

He hasn't been active since 4/28. I miss his sage advice and unique "kindness".

EDIT: Corrected the "C" to a "K" in the title out of respect.
stugray
I noticed that too.
Almost mentioned it last week.
914_teener
John can use everyones prayers.

That.s all I know.
messix
damn
rhodyguy
oh.
bulitt
Get Well Kruster aktion035.gif
Cairo94507
Oh no. Get well Krusty- we miss you.
Java2570
I've been curious the last while about Cap'n.....haven't seen him around here or pelican lately. The World misses his candid knowledge!
Chris H.
sad.gif Can someone get in contact with him?

I AM INSTALLING A REBUILT CHINESE MASTER CYLINDER WITH BRAIDED STAINLESS STEEL FUEL LINES AND I AM REUSING THE DIRTY BRAKE FLUID THAT WAS IN THE CAR WHEN I BOUGHT IT...DOT 1 I THINK. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA?

Maybe that will set the Krusty radar off...
rmital
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 21 2015, 10:35 AM) *

I AM INSTALLING A REBUILT CHINESE MASTER CYLINDER WITH BRAIDED STAINLESS STEEL FUEL LINES AND I AM REUSING THE DIRTY BRAKE FLUID THAT WAS IN THE CAR WHEN I BOUGHT IT...DOT 1 I THINK. IS THAT A GOOD IDEA?

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
that should to the trick!!
...or maybe a good points vs. pertronics debate!!
rhodyguy
Exhaust stud nuts.....smile.gif
Phoenix914
Should I use head gaskets on my type IV?

Get well soon Cap'n. type.gif
Kansas 914
"How do I adjust the valves?" biggrin.gif
stugray
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 21 2015, 09:44 AM) *

Copper Exhaust stud nuts.....smile.gif

FTFY

And - "How do I set my valves again? How do I get to TDC?"

Edit - Kansas_914 beat me to it....
Geezer914
His responses are worth the price of admission. I hope it's nothing serious. I'm sure he will give his doctors advise like he gives it here. Get well soon, miss the laughs! first.gif
Bob L.
I can reuse crush washers, right?

cheer.gif Krusty...Krusty...He's our man...

Be well!
SirAndy
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 20 2015, 10:44 PM) *

sad.gif

Without going into too much detail, i have to agree with the above statement ...
sad2.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 21 2015, 07:35 AM) *

That should be fine as long a you still use the K&N air filter.
Tom
Wow, so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers coming his way. Hope to see him back on here soon.
Tom
rhodyguy
I sent him a pm on the 6th and never received a reply. Not his style. I figured something was up.
bigkensteele
Glad I asked. Thoughts and prayers to Crusty.

His knowledge has prevented me from making more than a couple of mistakes, and I appreciate his special way of delivering advice.

Here's to the Cap'n beerchug.gif
76-914
Yep, one of my first experiences was the Captain's wrath. 1st time was for cross posting. The second time was for not reading Anders site, completely, before asking questions. av-943.gif He also "loaned" me a tool for a 2.0 rebuild which is extraordinary when you consider he made a living off his tools. Prayers your way, Amigo.
dlestep
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 21 2015, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 20 2015, 10:44 PM) *

sad.gif

Without going into too much detail, i have to agree with the above statement ...
sad2.gif

I am saddened by this.
914world is a pier that stretches out over the waters of the internet. Cap'n Krusty is one of its' major supporting pylons.
My thoughts and prayers go out to him.
boxsterfan
Get well Cap'n!!
jcd914
Thoughts and prayer for the crusty one.

I had been concerned as he and I were working thru a tool sale that fell apart on his end and he shared that he had been in the hospital.
He had not followed thru on an e-mail nor responded to my last PM (on the 6th).

We're pulling for you Crusty.

Jim
mr914
Here's hoping he has the best mechanic working under his hood.
infraredcalvin
Prayers and best wishes!!!
JRust
Prayers heading the Cap'N way! Your Krustiness is missed which says enough. Hope the docs can get things squared away. Take car bud sunglasses.gif
montoya 73 2.0
The one that would send him into a good ol' rant is;

"I want to use my fog lights as driving lights, does anyone know which pilot lights to use?" When ever I see someone post that, I grab the popcorn[1].gif and hide.gif he has never disappointed me and always dished it out!

He is the reason, (below) my avatar says, "Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish! that's what he told me back in 2004 when I asked about fogs to driving light's!! I wrote it back then and there it has remained!!! w00t.gif lol-2.gif slap.gif

Prayers to you ol' Crusty one, Get well and come hang out with your "P" family!!! We (I ) miss you!!!
rick 918-S
We had a discussion about him at the WCR. We suspected he was not well.
r_towle
Get well Cap'n
Dion
Cap'n get well soon. It'll be boring here otherwise.
914dave
Get well "Your Krustyness"
turk22
Very sorry to hear this, and I add my thoughts and prayers for Krusty.

Always have appreciated his advice and special delivery.
ThePaintedMan
Not many of you know him as John, but he asked me to call him that after we became friends the past few years. I spoke with his wife today and things do not sound very positive. I did not pry, nor do I believe it necessary to know exactly what's going on, but their fwarrancould use your thoughts and prayers. I sent as much as I could to his wife while speaking with her.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 21 2015, 06:11 PM) *

Not many of you know him as John, but he asked me to call him that after we became friends the past few years. I spoke with his wife today and things do not sound very positive. I did not pry, nor do I believe it necessary to know exactly what's going on, but their fwarrancould use your thoughts and prayers. I sent as much as I could to his wife while speaking with her.

Other than thoughts and prayers, did you get the impression that there might be anything else we could do to help out? I don't want to pry at all, but if he and/or his family could benefit from any support that we can provide, I for one would be more than happy to join in, whether it be financial, cards, emails, you name it.

I have never met him, but I have a great fondness and respect for him and want to help in any way that I can. If that means butting out, then I can do that as well.
ThePaintedMan
She did mention that they're keeping things very private at the moment. I'm going to give them some time, and perhaps call back this weekend - you're right, maybe there is something we can do, but for the time being, let's give them space. I told her that my phone call was on behalf of everyone here, so for now, that's probably the best thing we can do.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 21 2015, 06:30 PM) *

She did mention that they're keeping things very private at the moment. I'm going to give them some time, and perhaps call back this weekend - you're right, maybe there is something we can do, but for the time being, let's give them space. I told her that my phone call was on behalf of everyone here, so for now, that's probably the best thing we can do.

Thanks, George. You are a good man and a good friend.
somd914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 21 2015, 10:30 PM) *

I agree.

Though I have never met John, I've always respected his posts - certainly a wealth of information and willing to help.

A couple of months ago I purchased a few of his tools. For whatever reason he confided in me. One thing he was adamant about was keeping this private. Though he has many friends on the World who are concerned, let's respect his wishes.
aircooledtechguy
Damn!! This SUCKs!! Get well Cap'n. You're in my thoughts and prayers. . .

I can't tell you all how much it meant to me to have him, a guy I had never met in person, to travel all the way to Bonneville this past season to cheer me on. Crusty is one heck of a guy (and not nearly as crusty as most think).
EdwardBlume
Nothing but love here Cap'n. You're missed around here.
bigkensteele
Admins, please delete this thread. I wish him the best, and I would prefer not to impend any further on his modesty and pride, and I apologize if I have already done so.
KELTY360
From the time i got my first car in 1968, a '64 TR4, I have always gravitated to the crusty, curmudgendly mechanics and parts guys...because that's where the knowledge and more importantly, the wisdom, resides. There is no finer example of this characteristic than our own Cap'n. All the best to him.

Get well soon, dammit.
mr914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 21 2015, 10:53 PM) *

Admins, please delete this thread. I wish him the best, and I would prefer not to impend any further on his modesty and pride, and I apologize if I have already done so.

There is nothing wrong with us saying

"Get Well Soon, you are in our thoughts and prayers"

Just my 2 cents
euro911
John contacted me about selling one of his most prized possessions back in March. I had a feeling something was awry, but he didn't let on ...

Thanks for the update, George.

I'm hoping for the best, he's a good friend, not Krusty at all.
Chris Pincetich
His is a big hat to fill
Get well Cap'n beerchug.gif
Chris914n6
I met John about a decade ago on a 914 event. He gave us a tour of the shop, shared some 914 knowledge, answered questions, and was super pleasant to hang out with. Definately not as "Krusty" as he sounds in his posts.

Thanks for everything and Be Well.
worn
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 22 2015, 06:51 PM) *

I met John about a decade ago on a 914 event. He gave us a tour of the shop, shared some 914 knowledge, answered questions, and was super pleasant to hang out with. Definately not as "Krusty" as he sounds in his posts.

Thanks for everything and Be Well.

Best avatar ever. Says what he can back up. Lost my dad last month and it's hell in a hand basket ever since. Son of a...

If it is at all possible crusty, pull the nose up on this!! Please?
Warren
Maltese Falcon
Best wishes to you John for good health !
Marty
--axel--
Best wishes Krusty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.