Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shift knobs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
garrettlee2
Selling two knobs. Black one is $150 the brown is $35 shipping included.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914Sixer
I see you are a newbie. Please do your homework and get a grip. New replacements are on sale for $20.

Brown was never a stock color.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 24 2015, 09:32 AM) *

I see you are a newbie. Please do your homework and get a grip. New replacements are on sale for $20.

Brown was never a stock color.

Many people still want original. I have not found a repro that is identical to an original. The originals turn brown due to age, sun and wear. It can be polished and buffed back to black but many people like patina. The guys on early911sregistry will pay $150 all day long for an orig knob in great condition.
tweet
I agree with Mark. The brown is caused by sweat, sun, and nicotine build up. Remember when everyone smoked? They do in fact polish out and the patina just adds to the authenticity. A new Porsche oem knob is running about $225-$250 plus tax. We have also had good condition knobs go for more than $150 on this forum; $200 IIRC.
garrettlee2
sold thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.