Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Before the Club and World there was the MEV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So who remembers the Mid-Engine Views? These came with the latest parts car.
partwerks
I had a few of those.
EdwardBlume
Cool! Back when you could buy a /6 for 8-10k!
VegasRacer
Those magazines and the AA catalog were there was before type.gif
carr914
Still have some of those!
mepstein
I gave Pat Garvey my whole series on disk when his basement flooded. Fun read.
Jacob
Still have some.
barefoot
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 1 2015, 06:37 AM) *

It would be great if you could make this available to buy through this site.
mepstein
QUOTE(barefoot @ Jul 1 2015, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 1 2015, 06:37 AM) *

It would be great if you could make this available to buy through this site.

There is a yahoo group that is run by one of the MEV guys. I think it is dennis deeds. He sells them on his site. i'll look for the link.

ok, not MEV but 914 owner association
http://www.porsche914.org/914-6CD.html
stevegm
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 30 2015, 11:37 PM) *

I'd love to take a look at those. If you decide to get rid of them let me know.

Thanks,
Steve
stevegm
I have been looking for an old Mid-Engineering catalog from the late 80s for a while now. I was part owner of Mid-Engineering. We printed the magazine at Mark's father-in-law's print ship. Many late nights were spent there shop talking. It was great. If anyone has one that they'd be willing to part with, I'd be interested.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jul 1 2015, 08:43 AM) *

I have been looking for an old Mid-Engineering catalog from the late 80s for a while now. I was part owner of Mid-Engineering. We printed the magazine at Mark's father-in-law's print ship. Many late nights were spent there shop talking. It was great. If anyone has one that they'd be willing to part with, I'd be interested.

Next time I'm at my moms I'll see if i still have a stack of 914 mags with your catalog. I remember your stuff from the 80's
Cairo94507
I remember having those when I had my 1st Six - always looked forward to them back then.
Heeltoe914
Back to the future!!!! Dennis was the Andy of today. Fun Mag, I still have a few.
Mueller
Wow..flashback machine!

I haven't seen those in ages....I think I had a few that had been given to me when I got my 1st 914 in the mid to late 90's.
Cj Honeycutt
My Dad has boxes and boxes going back before 1994 when he was active in 914's back then !

Does anyone remember the Palm Springs Gathering and the Earthquake ? He told me about it. Scary ! They were parked in the Hotel underground and had to run to get the '74 out for fear of an after shock squashing the car !
Heeltoe914
Yes I was at the Palm Springs 1994 event when we had that earthquake.. I've never seen so many tourists out of control what made it worse is that the hotel was on rollers so it seemed intensified when actually it was very well controlled.. I am not kidding I had to slap one lady who was running towards a glass window on the third floor with her child it was the only way to calm her down,,first time I ever hit a woman.. If you're not from California you really have no idea what to do people where outrageously out of control one hour later the town was empty..
But it was Saturday night so we had already finished all the events and banquets haha we just had to leave on Sunday...
pete000
Scan them in and make PDFs. Love historic reading !

If you want you could send them to me and I can scan them and make PDF files and return them.

rgalla9146
I have about fifteen or so.
I think Ray Mital scaned them.
sixnotfour
dry.gif
davep
I have a large quantity of them. I was a member way back, and got a few that way. A few years ago a bunch came up for sale and I got some that way.
Dennis would probably be upset if these were copied and distributed without authorization or compensation.
rhodyguy
914dgi.net? Or something like that. First internet experience 914 related. Internet address included in a car write up in European Car. Some guy named Dave made a 914 image using the symbols on the key board with "no cones".
xperu
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 30 2015, 10:37 PM) *

I only have one from the summer of 92 Vol. 11. I read it back in the 90's and put it Up.
Some of the adds are cool, such as OTTO's selling a yellow 914-6 for $13,100 and a red one for 14,295. I had a 75, and 71 at the time and gave serious thought about buying one, but I was in Texas and the only 914 guys around were Zimm's out of the Fort Worth area.
Restoration Design was advertising as well. I will have to give this another read. Thanks for the post. Mike/xperu
fixer34

I think the magazine (PDF form) ended in early 2012. The last issue I have is number 101. I have them going back to #81 from 2007 (joined late).
Dennis also put together a DVD of a version of the magazine that was specific to the 914/6. Bought one of those years ago when he did a limited run.

He still pops up on Yahoo Groups once in a while, might check to see what he still has. There was talk about scanning all the issues onto DVD, don't know if it ever came about.
JmuRiz
I remember roadglue and the renegade site (surfing text only on the JMU vax biggrin.gif)
Didn't know about mid engine views...
But I do remember very nice 914/6 for saks for under $15k
db9146
If someone has a Mid-Engineering catalogue, please scan and post. I'd love to see one again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.