Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you identify this exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dsmyth
This is probably an easy one but I am just getting back into 914's after a 20 year absence. Is this a Monza on my 1.7. It sounds good but I dont like the way it sticks out to far and curves upwards. Can I do anything to change that or what other system would give me the look I want. It seems that I have 2 cutouts in the back for exhaust. Thanks for any help or suggestions. DougClick to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Got welder?

A muffler shop can cut those off and shorten them and/or point them further down.

Or you can get something like a Triad, or Racer Chris' (Tangerine Racing) setup, both of which I think are available with dual outlets like that.

Most mufflers are single-outlet, because that's what the stock ones were.

--DD
ehokana
I'm sure Tangerine Racing will come up. I've heard very good things from the guys here on the forum about them, though I've never been able to get a response to any of my inquiries or communications regarding having an exhaust made.

...man, Dave beat me to answering again
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
Bagpype
QUOTE(dsmyth @ Jul 28 2015, 09:29 PM) *

This is probably an easy one but I am just getting back into 914's after a 20 year absence. Is this a Monza on my 1.7. It sounds good but I dont like the way it sticks out to far and curves upwards. Can I do anything to change that or what other system would give me the look I want. It seems that I have 2 cutouts in the back for exhaust. Thanks for any help or suggestions. DougClick to view attachment

Looks like a Monza to me. I have the same setup on mine and the same complaint.
rhodyguy
you have 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers. make sure what you purchase is for that application. plan on ordering the correct h.e. to muffler gaskets. place a wtb ad in the classifieds.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ehokana @ Jul 28 2015, 10:09 PM) *

I've never been able to get a response to any of my inquiries or communications regarding having an exhaust made.

Inquiries?
You emailed me and I never replied?
76-914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 29 2015, 06:26 AM) *

I've never been able to get a response to any of my inquiries or communications regarding having an exhaust made.

Inquiries?

rolleyes.gif That's what I thought when I read it. Bet your email never made it to Chris. PM him if nothing else. I've always received a response within 24 hours!
AndyB
PM Chris, he is usually on top of it. He will respond.
ben*james
Loved my TRIAD. Dual exhaust, sounded great, tucked under nicely...
ehokana
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 29 2015, 06:26 AM) *

Inquiries?

Chris- I believe I had sent you 2 or 3 email inquiries quite some time ago (as I had just gotten my motor back from the rebuild). I do sincerely apologize for the comment if the problem was on my end- I have had some issues with my email at the office in the past, and that could very well have been the problem headbang.gif I'm also unsure why I did not try to pm' you on here at the time- that was an oversight on my part

In any case, I'm sorry for that comment- the responses speak volumes of what your customers and the guys on here think of you.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ehokana @ Jul 29 2015, 03:26 PM) *

Chris- I believe I had sent you 2 or 3 email inquiries quite some time ago (as I had just gotten my motor back from the rebuild).

I changed email software earlier this year and may have lost a couple of emails at that time.
What's your real name & email addy? I'll check my records.
Its also possible I replied but you never received the reply.

Back on topic, I make a twin center outlet muffler for heat exchangers but I don't make a 4 tip or a spread dual tip anymore.
My first stainless muffler (standard outlet) for 1.7/1.8 HE's is being finished in the welding department today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.