Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brother's 914 for sale 75 2.0 In Michigan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Ferg
Some of you will remember this car, it was Ben's and Jon Kanas's before him.

It was sold new right here in Boulder CO. Jon bought the car in the 80's and partially restored it then.

It's a nice driver that is very solid and has had the rust repairs already made. Paint is showing some age from the restoration, but over all has held up well and shows nice.

I was back in MI and had the chance to drive it and also take the pics ect. Drives and shifts nice.

Here is the Clist ad.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/5136561726.html

Nice chance for someone living in the rust belt to get a dry western car. Feel free to message me about the car. My brothers contact info is in the Clist ad.

I know he has more pics than listed here or in the ad to share as well.

Asking $11,500 obo

Ferg
brant
I've seen this car many many times.
Worth more than the asking price
iwanta914-6
Nice
rhodyguy
Dig the interior!! Clean. Golden opportunity for those east of Missouri River.
Ferg
Bump, still for sale.

Evil914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 30 2015, 06:29 PM) *

Dig the interior!! Clean. Golden opportunity for those east of Missouri River.

It is kinda groovy,huh?
Ferg
Bump smile.gif
orthobiz
My buddy and I drove out to David's to look at this car. Without removing rocker panels, etc. it is about as rust-free as they come.

The car drives really nice. And comes with just about any receipt you could ask for. Looks like it started life as a 1.8 and has an engine with a GE case number with all the 2.0 fuel injected stuff in place. Including the exhaust system.

Somebody needs to buy this car so David's wife can park hers in the garage!

Paul
Chris H.
Wow I can't believe this hasn't sold. One suggestion...envision it with black rockers and valances, and maybe the sail panel vinyl. We're talking about a few cans of wurth paint ($30?). The vinyl would also be cheap to put back on if you wanted to. Malaga Red is one of the best colors, period. The black lower part and sail panel really makes the color "pop". You could also paint the wheels the stock aluminum color.

Take a look:

Click to view attachment

SAME CAR, but with sail panel vinyl and black rockers. This one has Fuchs, which you could also do, but the Mahle's in silver (just some silver Wurth paint...) would be similar in look.

Here's another good example with tons of pics. This one has steelies..

76 steelie Malaga

Or if you want to spend a few bucks...

Click to view attachment

The badge is a LITTLE high on this one but I could live with it biggrin.gif .

SOMEONE BUY IT!
iwanta914-6
I agree that part of the reason for no sale yet is the painted rockers, sail panel, wheels, and the big bumpers. All of which can be changed over time.

Adding the sail panel vinyl, changing the rockers back to black and refinishing the wheels would help and backdating the bumpers would make it perfect.

Getting hard to find decent 914s for this kind of price. I should convince my wife that I need to buy now instead of in the spring, lol.
Ferg
Sold.
rhodyguy
Well bought.
twistedstang
It went to a good home!
orthobiz
Enjoy Justin!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.