Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 fiberglass shell for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
mepstein
Parts shown are what's for sale. Thought to be an older Gunnar Racing body but I have no documented proof or paperwork. What you see is what you get. Located in Newark, DE. I would prefer to sell in person but if you can't come to me, shipping arangements can be made once purchased. $5904. Email me to purchase Mark@MarkEpstein.net or call 302.540.9242
Millerwelds
I have the perfect historic ex IMSA race car chassis to put that on.....

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
euro911
laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe just any old 914 chassis would do ... no?
JmuRiz
So cool, wish I had the time/money to make something out of it. I may check around and look for a project partner though.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Sep 12 2015, 05:16 PM) *

I have the perfect historic ex IMSA race car chassis to put that on.....

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

.... beat me to it.
mepstein
SOLD
904svo
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 18 2015, 06:43 AM) *

SOLD

Who bought it?

Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 18 2015, 02:20 PM) *

SOLD

Who bought it?

happy11.gif
Phoenix-MN
Hi all,
It's 5 years later. I'm Phoenix-MN's daughter. My dad passed away in October 2018. This 904 fiberglass shell is still sitting in my garage where it's been since my dad bought it from mepstein. He bought it wishfully thinking his physical health would improve so he could work on it, but he was never able to. If anyone's interested in buying it, I would love to get it out of my garage to free up the space. I also welcome any advice on selling it! You can reach me at kelsiebork@gmail.com.
Thanks
JFJ914
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 18 2015, 05:20 PM) *

SOLD

Who bought it?

What!!!!! It wasn't you Larry?????????
mepstein
Kelsie - You have our sincere condolences.
Cairo94507
Kelsie, Condolences on the passing of your father. There are enough people on this site who do projects that it would not surprise me for one of them to reach out to you. God bless and I hope someone buys this to turn it into the car your father wanted.
BuddyV
Kelsie -

Thank you for trying to keep your father's project in the club - not sure if someone will step up and buy it, but it was very thoughtful of you to reach out to us.

Cheers to your father's memory.

beerchug.gif
904svo
QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Jan 9 2020, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 18 2015, 05:20 PM) *

SOLD

Who bought it?

What!!!!! It wasn't you Larry?????????

No I sold my 904 and my wife won't let me get another.
Cracker
So sorry for you loss...! Maybe Mark ( @mepstein ) can help with a for sale posting copy and detail to assist you in finding a new home for the 904. I will reach out to him and tell him about this post - all the best.

Tony Hull

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jan 8 2020, 11:08 PM) *

Hi all,
It's 5 years later. I'm Phoenix-MN's daughter. My dad passed away in October 2018. This 904 fiberglass shell is still sitting in my garage where it's been since my dad bought it from mepstein. He bought it wishfully thinking his physical health would improve so he could work on it, but he was never able to. If anyone's interested in buying it, I would love to get it out of my garage to free up the space. I also welcome any advice on selling it! You can reach me at kelsiebork@gmail.com.
Thanks

JeffBowlsby
Would love to do this project, but it’s not in the future for me. Does this mount to a beetle pan or require a tube chassis?
mepstein
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 9 2020, 09:17 PM) *

Would love to do this project, but it’s not in the future for me. Does this mount to a beetle pan or require a tube chassis?

Tube/custom chassis.
Cracker
One could always hire "Adam to fabricate" a custom chassis! av-943.gif

Cracker

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 9 2020, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 9 2020, 09:17 PM) *

Tube/custom chassis.

bretth
Then suddenly the maturity level goes right in the gutter.
Krieger
beerchug.gif
Cracker
Ok. My apologies. However, when one hears the words "904" and "Custom Chassis" within the same post...only one thing comes to mind! shades.gif

TC

QUOTE(bretth @ Jan 10 2020, 12:17 AM) *

914forme
Thanks for reaching out to this group and offering it here.

My condolences, this is still a bit close to open wounds for me.

rick 918-S
I am so sorry to hear about this this way. I knew your dad and I think I may even may have met you once. Your dad's car is an awesome build. No doubt if his health would have come around the 904 would be a car talked for years. What happened to his 914?
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 10 2020, 05:21 AM) *

Ok. My apologies. However, when one hears the words "904" and "Custom Chassis" within the same post...only one thing comes to mind! shades.gif

TC

dead horse.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 10 2020, 06:20 PM) *

I am so sorry to hear about this this way. I knew your dad and I think I may even may have met you once. Your dad's car is an awesome build. No doubt if his health would have come around the 904 would be a car talked for years. What happened to his 914?

agree.gif sorry to hear about your dad. I followed his Buick V6 build on his website. Very high quality impressive conversion. It inspired a lot of people.
carr914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 10 2020, 08:21 AM) *

TC

OK with me - that A$$HAT deserves everything thrown his way
iamchappy
Paul did have the pieces of the chassis figured out i believe some of the the suspension he was using was from a Vette if i remember correctly. He had a 2.7 for it and knowing Paul he had most everything laying around to assemble it his way. Wish he left plans who knows he may have. I know there is more there other than the shell. I will try and sort it out for Kelsie if she accepts my offer to help.
euro911
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jan 8 2020, 08:08 PM) *
Hi all,
It's 5 years later. I'm Phoenix-MN's daughter. My dad passed away in October 2018. ... You can reach me at kelsiebork@gmail.com.
Thanks
My condolences on the loss of your father, Kelsie sad.gif
David.laRuse
I am interested in the 904 Body panels, are they still available? I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Please reply, David.
euro911
Probably best if you contact her via her email ... kelsiebork@gmail.com
914forme
I have tired that about 5 days ago, and have not heard back yet.

I am presuming it is under negation or she is working down a list. If I get my turn I am ready, but we will see. I have had a lot of these deals pass me by in the years, I have also scored my fair share. If it is meant to be it is meant to be. I have always wanted a 904 in the shop, makes a nice partner to the 914-6.

iamchappy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 14 2020, 05:06 PM) *

Probably best if you contact her via her email ... kelsiebork@gmail.com

You will have to try and contact Kelsie via the email link. I will help her sort things out if she needs me to.
Phoenix-MN
Thank you all for the kind words. I am touched by the memories people have of my dad and his handiwork. icon12.gif

I apologize for not responding to emails yet. I may have gotten ahead of myself with posting it for sale. I was told it would probably be difficult to find a buyer for it as it's a unique project. I wanted to post on here to let people know it would be available again and to gauge interest. So far I've received emails from 5 people interested in buying it. This is good news that people want it(!), but I'm hesitating now because I'm not experienced in selling things like this or sure how to proceed with multiple interested buyers. I will talk with a trusted person I know in the community to help with this. I appreciate your patience. Thank you for your time and interest!

- Kelsie
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 10 2020, 04:20 PM) *

I believe it smile.gif I remember long ago going along to a Porsche picnic I think it was.
I still have his 914 and plan to sell it.
-Kelsie
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 13 2020, 07:07 AM) *

Paul did have the pieces of the chassis figured out i believe some of the the suspension he was using was from a Vette if i remember correctly. He had a 2.7 for it and knowing Paul he had most everything laying around to assemble it his way. Wish he left plans who knows he may have. I know there is more there other than the shell. I will try and sort it out for Kelsie if she accepts my offer to help.

As far as I know he didn't leave plans, but perhaps I just have yet to stumble across them wink.gif I don't think I knew about the chassis or 2.7 so that's interesting to hear about! I believe he did acquire a number of parts for the 904 besides the shell, but I can't tell all the different car parts apart so I don't know which ones are for that pinch.gif I'm glad to be in contact with you and Rick M and others who have offered assistance! Thank you, I'll keep in touch.
-Kelsie
iamchappy
Kelsie, Paul walked me through his plans i believe the front end was sourced from a Corvette i don't how much of it i will remember but i know i could be of help trying to figure it out for you somewhat.
914forme
I have my own idea of what makes sense for a 904 frame, and respective suspension bits.
Jay Wellwood
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Cracker
QUOTE(Jay Wellwood @ Jan 16 2020, 07:45 AM) *

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

stirthepot.gif
914forme
av-943.gif Not even close, its just an opportunity to toss money into another fiberglass item besides a boat.

Chuck Beck also made sure you could get one if you wanted.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 15 2020, 06:30 PM) *

I have my own idea of what makes sense for a 904 frame, and respective suspension bits.

I do too....I like 904's!!!!

I spoke with Chuck Beck a few years ago and I almost bought his 904 test mule.

But now, no time, $$ nor space. headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

Oscar
David.laRuse
These fiberglass parts appear to be made at different times, different color, are they able to match up without fabricating? Do they all fit together? David.
mepstein
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Jan 18 2020, 12:28 PM) *

These fiberglass parts appear to be made at different times, different color, are they able to match up without fabricating? Do they all fit together? David.

I don't know the history of the parts. They came to us with a bunch of other parts when we bought out a shop. The yellow rear end is a very different weight of fiberglass than the rest (heavy). It's not a weekend, snap together kit but it wasn't priced that way either when I sold it a couple years ago. I wasn't able to convince my wife that it would make good yard art. It should make a fun project for someone, especially if more 904 parts have been collected.
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2020, 12:48 PM) *
I wasn't able to convince my wife that it would make good yard art.

I'm thinking Wall Art!

Click to view attachment
David.laRuse
I spoke with Chuck Beck last week, his company is still building the 550 Spyder in their shop in Indiana, their Turn Key 550 Spyder is being sold at 40 K. Chuck mentioned the VW parts are getting more expensive. He said they can build a 904 Roller for about 60 K. That would be a Top of the line Replica with proper fit and finish and a quality functioning chassis. The project/parts here have potential, but will require a bit of fabrication. With time, $Dollars and the proper skills I believe this project could be on the road as a Driver. Good luck with the sale! David laRuse.
carr914
I thought Chuck was in Georgia
euro911
Indiana
David.laRuse
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 20 2020, 11:59 AM) *

Indiana

I spoke with Chuck Beck in Georgia, I believe he said his Son was running the business in Indiana, Indiana is where the Cars are built. David laRuse
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2020, 09:48 AM) *

I don't know the history of the parts. They came to us with a bunch of other parts when we bought out a shop. The yellow rear end is a very different weight of fiberglass than the rest (heavy). It's not a weekend, snap together kit but it wasn't priced that way either when I sold it a couple years ago. I wasn't able to convince my wife that it would make good yard art. It should make a fun project for someone, especially if more 904 parts have been collected.

I know you said it is thought to be an older Gunnar Racing body and had no paperwork, so this is most likely a stupid question, but does that mean they are replica and not made by Porsche? Or any idea on how to tell if it's replica or not. Thanks for your time.
- Kelsie
David.laRuse
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jan 25 2020, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2020, 09:48 AM) *

I know you said it is thought to be an older Gunnar Racing body and had no paperwork, so this is most likely a stupid question, but does that mean they are replica and not made by Porsche? Or any idea on how to tell if it's replica or not. Thanks for your time.
- Kelsie
Kelsie, The Guy you might want to talk to is Chuck Beck, He is very approachable and very knowledgable. Google Chuck Beck, Beck 550 Spyder and you should find his Phone #. He can answer all your questions and you can trust his answers. David la Ruse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.