Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74' 6 conversion for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
matthepcat
SOLD! Deposit received.

Hello World, bye1.gif

I am posting my 74' 6 conversion for sale to test interest in it. I have owned the car for about 14 months and have very much enjoyed driving and working on the car. I am only selling this one to make room for another possible teener I have interest in. This was purchased as a track car and put back to a more street friendly version.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

NEW PHOTOS & VIDEOS On POST #23

Details:

74' chassis solid with very little rust of any kind
Paint is a track job, so nothing super nice...but durable.
Gt chassis kit
5 lug conversion
16" Fuchs freshly powder coated with new rubber
225/50 Front, 245/55 rear
Wilwood super light 2 front brakes, vented 911 rear.
23mm master cyl
New front rotors
1970 2.2s motor converted to Weber carbs (Good compression, and no major oil leaks)
901 trans with Quaife LSD
Front mount oil cooler
New carpet
Speed hut GPS speedometer
Adjustable rear perches
Solid front top hats
Front brake cooling ducts

Comes with racing belts and standard, restored fuel tank extra HVAC parts and car cover.

I am looking at offers over $16k ( Best offer wins )

Now on E-bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291578278588?force...8&viewitem=

Matt
AntiHero
Nice car and decently priced. What spec is the motor? T/E or S? Motors range from 140-200 hp if I recall....

matthepcat

It's a real S motor with the MFI removed. Hard to say what type of power it puts down, but awesome high revving power band. The 901 has a lower gear stack which really makes for nice power around town.

QUOTE(AntiHero @ Sep 14 2015, 06:09 PM) *

Nice car and decently priced. What spec is the motor? T/E or S? Motors range from 140-200 hp if I recall....

mr2by4
Any shots of the interior?
CentralCAfun
PM sent. Looks pretty clean and nice!
Cuda911
Might be interested... can you post some pic of the interior, chassis, etc.? Did you do the conversion?
matthepcat
Thanks for all the PM interest folks. I replied to all inquiry's.

As stated, I will post as I can find more photos in my email from Europe but most will come available when I return home on the 28th.

Prost!
MikeInMunich
Hi Matt, you're coming to Europe, might you be coming to the Oktoberfest? If you're in Munich, get in touch! I can help you out and we can meet up for a beer. My company is Mike's Bike Tours. Let me know. :-)

M.I.M.
billh1963
Real S motors bring big money (potentially as much as you want for the whole car). You could sell that engine, drop in a 3.0, and still have plenty in your pocket! smile.gif

The 3.0 might be a little more street friendly and it's a win for everyone!
matthepcat
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Sep 15 2015, 05:34 AM) *

Hi Matt, you're coming to Europe, might you be coming to the Oktoberfest? If you're in Munich, get in touch! I can help you out and we can meet up for a beer. My company is Mike's Bike Tours. Let me know. :-)

M.I.M.

^^ I am! ^^ will be there the 20th-24th. Will look you up.
matthepcat
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 15 2015, 12:04 PM) *

Real S motors bring big money (potentially as much as you want for the whole car). You could sell that engine, drop in a 3.0, and still have plenty in your pocket! smile.gif

The 3.0 might be a little more street friendly and it's a win for everyone!

Exactly ^^

Carbs are worth money by themselves. I figure anyone could fund a 3.2 swap with the 2.2s + carb profits.
mepstein
I would sell the s motor on earlysregistry for about 15-16k with carbs. I think they made a bit over 2000 s motors in '70 so there are guys looking for them to match the year of their car. You could get even more if it's numbers matching.

There's an ad in panorama for an s case. They go for $8-10k on their own.
PotterPorsche
Matt bolt that stock 4 cylinder that was in the first picture. Then sell the 2.2 engine to me so I can bolt into my 914. Wishful thinking.
AntiHero
I've seen a lot of S (and E and T) motors with ridiculously high asking prices, but the ones that actually sell tend to have more down to earth pricing than the crazy asking prices found on eBay. Still a great deal.

MikeInMunich
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 15 2015, 05:07 PM) *

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Sep 15 2015, 05:34 AM) *

M.I.M.

^^ I am! ^^ will be there the 20th-24th. Will look you up.

COOL! I'd love to meet you. I am at my shop daily at around 10:00

We are RIGHT around the corner from the REAR entrance to the HofbrÀuhaus.

We produce excellent, free maps which are in most hotels, so you can look for or ask for one where you are staying. There is also, of course a Mike's Bike Tours brochure.

I recommend seeing the city and not JUST drinking and recovering, and the best way to do it is undoubtably by bike, with or without a guide.

Remember, Augustiner is the local favorite (best) lager and as far as wheat beer (Hefeweiss) goes, theirs is outstanding but the best, IMO, is Franziskaner.

Don't forget to bring your favorite hangover remedies / preventatives with you! Peppermint oil for the forehead, aspirin, etc!

Hope to see you next week!

Mike
CentralCAfun
+1 on the fransikaner! I discovered on a trip to Germany and got hooked. BevMo used to carry it but not for the past year or so. Now I have to go to the yard house and drink it on draft
scraperhand
Neat car, what are the rim sizes and are the flares steel, cheers
mr2by4
I used to be a Franziskaner man, but now I am converted to Erdinger.
Also love the car and hope to hear from you when you are back, though it looks like I am not alone...
matthepcat
QUOTE(scraperhand @ Sep 16 2015, 03:09 PM) *

Neat car, what are the rim sizes and are the flares steel, cheers

Wheels are 16 x 8 (two different offsets). My guess is the rears are off a 944 Turbo.
matthepcat
I have had really cruddy Wifi & little time to dig through emails this trip.

Found some more pictures:

Here is an outdated interior picture. The car now has new grey carpet, speedometer in that large red oil pressure light on the dash and I have red 5 point harnesses in the car.
IPB Image

Here is the front trunk. You can see the small fuel tank and the HVAC stuff removed. I installed the fan box to seal the trunk from rain. (Car comes with restored tank)
IPB Image

Engine serial #
IPB Image

Case numbers
IPB Image
IPB Image

Engine type:
IPB Image

daytona
Hi matthepcat,

Sent you a PM on your 914-6.
Thanks,
Bill.
sn10572
please call mike I am interested in your car THANKS 415 648 9228
matthepcat
Ok folks, I am back from Europe.....and jet lagged!

Here are some detailed photos of the car on drop box:

Click Here: 74 Conversion Photos

I also took some videos below: ( all with the loud muffler installed)

Here is a cold start after sitting for a month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOro5J4npFk

Here is a walk around while at idle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QOlQzGKuM8

Here is a ride along ( thanks to my wife for running the iphone )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Qq64OuZ7E

Here is a drive by ar15.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSgvVD1lQe8

Drive by #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uphMB3R8CA

Last Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRob9Sz5KVg

matthepcat
Please everyone be patient with me on this one. I have so much interest, that I am trying to decide how to best give all interested parties an equal chance at it.

I am considering sending it to ebay just to take the emotion out of the sale, unless someone else can suggest a better method.

I have a running list of people who have reached out in order. If anyone that reached out interested in the past, and no longer are interested after seeing photos and video's let me know.

Thanks for everyone's interest & patience with me,

Matt
mr2by4
Your comment about ebay is an honest and fair one, but you may find that loses you some buyers, but may get you some new ones. If you want the market to determine value that is a good place to go.
I am still interested. Looks like a very fun car!
matthepcat
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Sep 28 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Your comment about ebay is an honest and fair one, but you may find that loses you some buyers, but may get you some new ones. If you want the market to determine value that is a good place to go.
I am still interested. Looks like a very fun car!

Thanks for your feedback. Agree with your comment, but I guess I just don't know an easier way to deal with lots of interest. This also cuts out a lot of tire kickers like I had LOTS of with my last car. beerchug.gif
infraredcalvin
First of all Matt, thank you for your quick responses, it's amazing the amount of attention you've given right after your return.

A few questions:
-you had mentioned good compression numbers, what are they?
-do you have leak down numbers?
-do you have the build specs, date and current mileage on rebuild?
-is the oil tank a 914-6 tank or a 911, any idea why it wasn't fitted inside the fender?
-might be the answer to the above, but is the engine cooler modified correctly for a 6?
-engine mount looks like a quick 6 with additional reinforcing, is that correct?
-do you have the logbooks from previous race history, anything current?
-any issues with title or registration?

TIA

matthepcat
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Sep 28 2015, 07:43 PM) *

First of all Matt, thank you for your quick responses, it's amazing the amount of attention you've given right after your return.

A few questions:
-you had mentioned good compression numbers, what are they?
-do you have leak down numbers?
-do you have the build specs, date and current mileage on rebuild?
-is the oil tank a 914-6 tank or a 911, any idea why it wasn't fitted inside the fender?
-might be the answer to the above, but is the engine cooler modified correctly for a 6?
-engine mount looks like a quick 6 with additional reinforcing, is that correct?
-do you have the logbooks from previous race history, anything current?
-any issues with title or registration?

TIA

Compression checked by Don Wise's Auto Works in Campbell ca was: 140,132,127,126,127,122 (the higher numbers he thinks is carbon deposits)

Leak down I do not.

Engine specs from previous owner:
"Case: Aligned boned, squinters installed shuffle pinned, time certs
New chains/ramps/bearings, New rings, Crank turned and drilled for oiling
40 Webers rebuilt by Eurometrics

Unknown milage but I suspect low, as it sit in the garage most of its life.

Oil tank is two 911 units modified to hold more oil (15+ quarts), I suspect it was done this way for access (racing) and affordability.

Yes, looks like a quick 6 mount with additional bracing.

I have no racing log books, but could put the buyer in touch with the previous owner who raced the car.

Car is clean title and road ready with no issues.
Low Miles
How about the first one to your place with $16k gets it? I am interested, Please let me know what you plan to do.
mr2by4
Don't fall for that, I am right behind him with $17k in cash!
beerchug.gif
matthepcat
If folks have PM'ed me their phone number I have been making it through the list to call back.

Again I apologize for my slow response to some. Don't hesitate to PM me again if I have not gotten back to you.
matthepcat
It's now on E-bay folks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291578278588?force...8&viewitem=

Feel free to still contact me her with questions outside of evil bay.
billh1963
The auction didn't take long to hit $16,000 smile.gif
iwanta914-6
already up to your original asking price with 6.5 days left! Congrats, and I hope the transaction in the end goes well, it's a very cool teener!
matthepcat
Your not kidding^^ just saw its at 16. That's not typical.
billh1963
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 1 2015, 09:56 AM) *

Your not kidding^^ just saw its at 16. That's not typical.

Like I had posted earlier that the value was in the engine, someone probably needs that S engine for a 911S they are rebuilding...the car is just a bonus smile.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if someone on early S registry is after it....
23e Heure
agree.gif They would be wanting to budget $$$ to put it on MFI though...
mr2by4
I took a shot at it, but it is beyond my discretionary budget. Would you consider cash and a 1970 with a 1911 in it?
GLWS!
infraredcalvin
I'm out, wow good luck!
matthepcat
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 1 2015, 06:07 PM) *

I took a shot at it, but it is beyond my discretionary budget. Would you consider cash and a 1970 with a 1911 in it?
GLWS!

Yea, it really did shoot up faster than anticipated. Your 1911 looks like a nice car, but unfortunately I am headed a different direction from air cooled. Maybe time to turbo it smile.gif
daytona
Well, I am out. the price has gone beyond my reach. It is just too bad that this cool 914 is destined to being disassembled for the engine. Too bad.
billh1963
QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 2 2015, 11:47 AM) *

Well, I am out. the price has gone beyond my reach. It is just too bad that this cool 914 is destined to being disassembled for the engine. Too bad.

The good news is that the car may show back up without an engine at an attractive price. There are still lots of good 2.7 and 3.0 engines available that will actually provide a better driving experience for reasonable money.
matthepcat
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 2 2015, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 2 2015, 11:47 AM) *

The good news is that the car may show back up without an engine at an attractive price. There are still lots of good 2.7 and 3.0 engines available that will actually provide a better driving experience for reasonable money.

Agree ^^
eric9144
I'm a bit surprised at the current price that someone hasn't pulled the trigger on the BIN price beerchug.gif

If I'd had the $$ I'd have been all over it

For the $1k left on the table, someone's going to be pissed at themselves for not just doing it at this point.
eric9144
HA the BIN option is gone now, well played Sir! shades.gif
matthepcat
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 2 2015, 11:58 AM) *

HA the BIN option is gone now, well played Sir! shades.gif

^^ I am not that ingenious ^^

Apparently Ebay has a feature when you get well over reserve, they remove the "buy it now" option.
daytona
I never noticed the BIN option. What was it?
eric9144
$20k, obviously a reasonable price at this point
billh1963
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 2 2015, 03:04 PM) *

Apparently Ebay has a feature when you get well over reserve, they remove the "buy it now" option.

As soon as reserve is met the BIN option goes away.

eric9144
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 2 2015, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 2 2015, 03:04 PM) *

As soon as reserve is met the BIN option goes away.

As someone not in line to buy it, I'm happy for you Matt, you might end up with more $$ than you expected even! first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.