Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any "dead pedal" ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
I have been thinking about a dead pedal for my Six lately. It has been a while since I sat in it but I am pretty sure it does not have one from the factory. I would like to see/hear some ideas and thoughts about this. If I were to add one I would want it to be as invisible as possible - so no polished metals, etc. Since Scotty has not put color on the car yet, now would be the time to make a minor modification if that were called for.
Tom_T
Michael,

Back in the day the dealers sold a turned aluminum set or individual pieces for the dead pedal & door sills/longs protectors (5 pcs. - dead p. + 2 each side L & R), as well as a turned aluminum dash face (along with the wood ones).

You could do that in black anodized if you don't want the shiny metal look, & it would be an offshoot of or nod to the old school dealer accessory.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mark Henry
Another idea would be to just paint it black, then cover it with a strip of anti-slip safety tape. idea.gif

Or you could add something like this to some epoxy paint.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.epoxy-sh...1000520884.html

I'd like to see a few pic's of an installed dead pedal, as I'd like to do something like this as well.
Mark Henry
This is a factory 911 dead pedal, not much to it, pretty sure it's just sheet metal.
I think in this case you would cut a gas pedal rubber to fit the indent and then glue it on.
IPB Image
gms
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 16 2015, 10:49 AM) *

This is a factory 911 dead pedal, not much to it, pretty sure it's just sheet metal.
I think in this case you would cut a gas pedal rubber to fit the indent and then glue it on.
IPB Image

sierra madre collection has you covered for a repro pedal and rubber insert
Dave_Darling
No 914 that I'm aware of ever had a dead pedal in it from the factory. There are a number of aftermarket ones available, even the stock 911 that Mark posted above.

If you're interested in it being truly invisible, have one like those welded in, then modify your carpet to fit over it. Then glue on a pedal cover of some kind--I wouldn't use a brake or clutch pedal cover, because they are smaller than I would prefer for a dead pedal. But I might try cutting down a big "double wide" brake pedal cover from some 70s land barge and using it, or perhaps cutting up an old accelerator pedal and using that.

Failing that, get whatever you like and paint it black. It'll disappear under the dash anyway. smile.gif

--DD
aircooledtechguy
I put in a Rennline that I got from a member here onto my '75 years ago. Pay attention to the angle you mount one so it's comfortable for you. I cannot believe how adding a simple dead pedal made my car so much more comfortable to drive. Long distance drives are easy now.

Paint it black the you'll not be drawn to it.
GeorgeRud
I've had the factory dead pedal installed in my 914-6 for the last 35 years and wouldn't want to be without it. Very comfortable, installs easily,and gives a nice place to rest your left foot.

My other conversion car has an AJ-USA aluminum dead peda, and it's not as comfortable in my opinion.
Chris H.
Didn't Engman used to make one? Maybe not but I thought he did.
PanelBilly
Where are the pictures of these?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 16 2015, 02:02 PM) *

Didn't Engman used to make one? Maybe not but I thought he did.

Yes he did. I had a prototype he made in my 70. I will see if I still have a picture of it.

Found a few pics

Mark Henry
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 16 2015, 01:46 PM) *

I've had the factory dead pedal installed in my 914-6 for the last 35 years and wouldn't want to be without it. Very comfortable, installs easily,and gives a nice place to rest your left foot.

My other conversion car has an AJ-USA aluminum dead peda, and it's not as comfortable in my opinion.

It would be real nice to know what the angle of the factory pedal is, if someone could measure it that would be great.
I'd like to make one, but I agree I would don't want see it.
GeorgeRud
Here's a photo of my AJ-USA pedal.
Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 16 2015, 02:57 PM) *

Here's a photo of my AJ-USA pedal.
Click to view attachment

That's the one i bought from Automotion. I thought it was kind of uncomfortable. I am 5'10" with long legs. The Automotion one forces me to fold my leg up a bit which then hits the steering wheel.
Larmo63
I like the Sierra Madre one posted above. I've been thinking about this mod lately too.
screenguy914
This is the dead pedal I fabricated based on the 911 factory piece.

Sherwood

Click to view attachment

After paint and ribbed rubber piece:
Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
My setup
Cairo94507
I appreciate all of the input. I am going to talk to Scotty about the 911 style Sierra Madre offers. That would seem to be the most invisible one for my Six. Thanks buddies.
larryM
Automotion dead pedal

in my car since 1992
Mark Henry
QUOTE(larryM @ Nov 17 2015, 12:50 AM) *

Automotion dead pedal

in my car since 1992

Linky no worky
Steve
I bet it's this one.
http://www.automotion.com/custom-footrest-...-1965-1989.html
I'm not happy with mine. I will sell it for half price plus shipping
maf914
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 16 2015, 10:17 PM) *

I bet it's this one.
http://www.automotion.com/custom-footrest-...-1965-1989.html
I'm not happy with mine. I will sell it for half price plus shipping

I agree, not too impressive. I have one in the parts collection, bought about 20 years ago. Never installed. At least it wasn't $70 at the time in the original Automotion catalog.
boxstr
Oh really, found the one if have gathering dust.
Craig at CAMP
Cairo94507
I bought the Sierra Madre dead pedal and pedal ad. It seems like once we carpet over it it will be hard to know it is there at all. Then we will add the rubber pad. Thanks Mark and Glenn for the pictures and the link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.