Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official COTM POLL January 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Each contestant will be encouraged to post one picture as well as a 50 word description of your car. I will put that in the top post for the members to vote. If no information or picture is provided I will put their name and find a picture of their car.

Each contestant is then encouraged to post as much as they want within this thread to support their car, or they may link to their own threads.

Voters... Remember this is not a popularity contest, this is about which car is your favorite build, which means the most to you, which you find the most impressive, which you simply like the most.

The winner will then be required to provide 3 pictures of their car that will be used on the home page and a 25 word description of their car, and their car will be on display on the home page until the next car is appointed! This is due by 12/12/15 to avoid delays and allow Andy enough time to edit the home page for the next month.

Edit:Poll Closed!

Congratulations Dion!
Andyrew
914Next's 2.0

IPB Image
Andyrew
campbellcj's Racecar
IPB Image
Andyrew
Dion's Flared 73
IPB Image
Andyrew
Blackstains LE

IPB Image
Dion
I purchased the car in 1986 with help from my Dad. It was a no option ,73 Marathon Blue 1.7L with black bumpers and trim.
It was my daily driver for 5 yrs. Then became my autocross/weekend car. Steel flares and a repaint were done in '04.
Then between '06 & '11 I did the following additions: houndstooth/bolstered seats,
rebuilt the motor (lots o' help from 914Dave) to a "2056" 96mm JE p & c, mild FAT cam,
CIS injection unit. I also added a TurboThomas RS stainless exhaust.
Later additions were 7" & 8" X 16"polished Fuchs, a front sway bar,
Rear adjustable Bilstein coil overs, AutoRoche yellow fog & Cibie spot lighting, and some Halda rally equipment.
This past year added a "rally" style vent to small side glass. Helps on rainy humid days.
Always an adventure. Gained many friendships on World buying and selling parts for this hobby. Also a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the nomination. Very humbling.
Always happy to share experiences. That's what it's all about.
Sincerely,Dion

Links of CIS info: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=140816&hl=
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=140876&hl=
Dion
Interior
sb914
WTF.gif where's cracker? is anybody's car ever really finished?
There's always something else you want to do.thats bull post-2-1117899824.gif bootyshake.gif
Dion
Engine:
Dion
WRC here we come :-)
Rally instruments.
Cracker
Dion - I love your car - well done Sir! What "shifter" is that in your car?

SB914 - I pulled my car, no biggie. These are all amazing cars! smilie_pokal.gif

Tony
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dion @ Nov 29 2015, 09:37 AM) *

I purchased the car in 1986 with help from my Dad. It was a no option ,73 Marathon Blue 1.7L with black bumpers and trim.
It was my daily driver for 5 yrs. Then became my autocross/weekend car. Steel flares and a repaint were done in '04.
Then between '06 & '11 I did the following additions: houndstooth/bolstered seats,
rebuilt the motor (lots o' help from 914Dave) to a "2056" 96mm JE p & c, mild FAT cam,
CIS injection unit. I also added a TurboThomas RS stainless exhaust.
Later additions were 8" & 9" polished Fuchs, a front sway bar,
Rear Bilstein coil overs, AutoRoche yellow fog & Cibie spot lighting, and some Halda rally equipment.
This past year added a "rally" style vent to small side glass. Helps on rainy humid days.
Always an adventure. Gained many friendships on World buying and selling parts for this hobby. Also a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the nomination. Very humbling.
Always happy to share experiences. That's what it's all about.
Sincerely,Dion

How did you get 9" Fuchs under steel flares, did you add extra room when installing the flares? confused24.gif
914Next
Thanks, guys. Always nice to see the nominations. Here are a couple of recent pics of the car at a peach state PCA show and the European Auto Fest. I'm not normally real big on car shows but had fun sharing the car at both of these events.

Also including the link to my thread. Need to add some more on the car. Will try to do that this winter.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=256832

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dion
Cracker:it's a JWEST shifter and thank you for the compliment.
Hot Shoe: Sorry I corrected that, they are 7 & 8" X16"!
I was thinking to when I had Dave's 8 & 9" X 17" mounted for a test fit.
They did fit. JUST. It would need massaging. Here's a pic of test fit:
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
dudzy's914
I have always been very impressed with Steve's car. I have a lot of respect for the originality of the car, it has my vote!
Johny Blackstain
WTF.gif how the hell did I get nominated? Wow, thanks! (George smile.gif )
Johny Blackstain
smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
Technically, I am the original owner of this 48k original mile LE. It was my Dads car, but when he bought it new, he put it in my name. I was 11 at the time so it really is my 1st car. It's a creamsicle, with the somewhat rare cinnamon interior instead of the standard black one that came in most.
Johny Blackstain
Knikki, has been repainted once, has OEM euro pistons & jugs on her original block, 48k miles on the chassis, 6k on the new pistons. Garage kept for 37 of her 41 years. A genuine no rust east coast car.
914Next
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 1 2015, 08:30 PM) *

Knikki, has been repainted once, has OEM euro pistons & jugs on her original block, 48k miles on the chassis, 6k on the new pistons. Garage kept for 37 of her 41 years. A genuine no rust east coast car.

very nice!
Dion
Johny, so very cool of your Dad to do that and now past on to you. That is awesome.
Great looking LE. Like the interior colour. beerchug.gif .
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(914Next @ Dec 1 2015, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 1 2015, 08:30 PM) *

very nice!

QUOTE(Dion @ Dec 1 2015, 09:28 PM) *

Johny, so very cool of your Dad to do that and now past on to you. That is awesome.
Great looking LE. Like the interior colour. beerchug.gif .

Thank you both smile.gif
Cracker
Johny Blackstain: That is a nice looking car...what your Dad did = Priceless! smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for sharing! beer.gif
Andyrew
Bump!
Andyrew
Poll Closed!

Congratulations Dion!
Dion
Wow! Thanks gang. It is really nice to be appreciated in this way.
There is an abundance of cool & beautiful cars in our 914World.
To be singled out for a month on our pages is pretty damn awesome!
Thanks again everyone.

Cheers all,Dion
Vysoc
Congratulations Dion.....stunning car!!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
saigon71
All cars nominated are beautiful.

Congrats Dion! first.gif Well deserved for a fantastic teener.
914Next
Well deserved Dion. Congrats!
EdwardBlume
Congrats! aktion035.gif
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/

cheer.gif
Andyrew
Thanks Andy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.