Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Parting Out 1974 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mrihop
Hey guys! Ran across this car and picked it up thinking I would build a race car out of it. However, I am out of space in the garage and time to work on it. The driver side was hit pretty hard, so the door and rear fender are pretty much toast. The firewall was tweaked as well. The car is fairly complete including a "running" 1.8 wigh a single carb. The car sat for years after the accident, and the gas was never taken care of. The heads look new on the engine, and I did run the car around the block, ot drove straight, and the trans shifts pretty well. The remaining fenders look decent.

I would be interested in selling the car complete, or part it out depending on the response from this thread. FYI, it is the Top Gear US car for those of you that have seen that thread or episode.

Car is in Pahrump, NV, and would prefer to see it gone ASAP, but overall it is rough and would be much better off as a parts car, so tell me what you guys want! confused24.gif driving.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Ansbacher
Dibs on the targa aluminum trim pieces (rear of pillars and across the top pieces) if they are in very good condition. Also VDO clock if in working condition.

Ansbacher
mrihop
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Nov 30 2015, 10:46 AM) *

Dibs on the targa aluminum trim pieces (rear of pillars and across the top pieces) if they are in very good condition. Also VDO clock if in working condition.

Ansbacher

The verticle trim pieces have the typical dings that most of them get over the years, but the piece along the top is in decent shape. A couple of pits, and water spots.

I'm sure you want a complete set, but PM me if you are still interested in the long piece along the top.

No clock in this car.
tweet
is targa roll bar pad in good conditon
Luke M
Hi there,

Are you planning on cutting this car up?
If so, hows the pass side long from the front fender to the rear shock tower.

Let me know.

Thanks,
mrihop
QUOTE(tweet @ Nov 30 2015, 11:44 AM) *

is targa roll bar pad in good conditon

Is this the pad you want? It looks to be in decent shape, just needs to be cleaned and there is a little tear where the targa release handle is on the passenger side. PM me if you are still interested!
mrihop
QUOTE(Luke M @ Nov 30 2015, 11:54 AM) *

Hi there,

Let me know.

Thanks,

Not ready to cut up the car yet, but the long has surface rust in areas that I can see, but the car overall is solid. Typical hell hole issues, but minimal. Send a pic of exactly what you want, and the cutting starts in about 2 weeks if someone doesn't pick up the entire chassis.
Luke M
QUOTE(mrihop @ Nov 30 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Hi there,

Let me know.

Thanks,

Not ready to cut up the car yet, but the long has surface rust in areas that I can see, but the car overall is solid. Typical hell hole issues, but minimal. Send a pic of exactly what you want, and the cutting starts in about 2 weeks if someone doesn't pick up the entire chassis.

This is the metal section that I'm looking for. As long as it's in good shape and not too much rust damage. Cut from the r/r shock tower forward to the outer fender area ( just like I have outlined it in the pic ) . Obviously I'd like to see some pic of the area prior to cutting just to see if it's something that I can work with.

Thanks,
Luke M
QUOTE(Luke M @ Nov 30 2015, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mrihop @ Nov 30 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Hi there,

Let me know.

Thanks,

This is the metal section that I'm looking for. As long as it's in good shape and not too much rust damage. Cut from the r/r shock tower forward to the outer fender area ( just like I have outlined it in the pic ) . Obviously I'd like to see some pic of the area prior to cutting just to see if it's something that I can work with.

Thanks,

This is a pic of the drivers side ( just using as a reference for cutting ) .

mrihop
Sweet! Thanks for the diagram for the cut. I will post pictures after the rocker covers come off, hopefully it isn't too scary in there!
djway
QUOTE(mrihop @ Nov 30 2015, 10:10 AM) *

Hey guys! Ran across this car and picked it up thinking I would build a race car out of it. However, I am out of space in the garage and time to work on it. The driver side was hit pretty hard, so the door and rear fender are pretty much toast. The firewall was tweaked as well. The car is fairly complete including a "running" 1.8 wigh a single carb. The car sat for years after the accident, and the gas was never taken care of. The heads look new on the engine, and I did run the car around the block, ot drove straight, and the trans shifts pretty well. The remaining fenders look decent.

I would be interested in selling the car complete, or part it out depending on the response from this thread. FYI, it is the Top Gear US car for those of you that have seen that thread or episode.

Car is in Pahrump, NV, and would prefer to see it gone ASAP, but overall it is rough and would be much better off as a parts car, so tell me what you guys want! confused24.gif driving.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Are you going to be at Pomona?
I need the pad mounted on the targa top that rest between the sun visors when the top is mounted if yours is decent. I can get it at Pomona if that is where you are headed.
mrihop
Sorry. That piece has already been asked for and is not on this car.

I will be going through Pomona if you think of anything else!
mb911
I need the rear trunk of you have that?
mrihop
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 30 2015, 03:12 PM) *

I have the rear deck. It has one ding in it, otherwise straight from what i can tell.
mb911
QUOTE(mrihop @ Nov 30 2015, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 30 2015, 03:12 PM) *

I have the rear deck. It has one ding in it, otherwise straight from what i can tell.

Sorry rear trunk floor
Rcorace50
Dibs on the rear trunk lock if it's available.
gabeurgelles
PM sent on rims
mrihop
QUOTE(gabeurgelles @ Nov 30 2015, 04:53 PM) *

PM sent on rims

Didn't know how to send pics by PM...
VWTortuga336
Sent you a PM beerchug.gif
tweet
email replied to
R_u_dd
I am interested in the seats, seat back and seat rails if in good condition.
914_teener
I.ll take the rear valance if it has one.
mrihop
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 1 2015, 05:59 PM) *

I.ll take the rear valance if it has one.

Sorry, no rear valance. confused24.gif
MasterCylinder
I'm Intrested in the rear deck lid as long as it doesn't have the usual dents from people sitting on it that have been bondoed over.
mrihop
QUOTE(MasterCylinder @ Dec 2 2015, 03:35 PM) *

I'm Intrested in the rear deck lid as long as it doesn't have the usual dents from people sitting on it that have been bondoed over.

The rear deck is pending. It has one ding it it, but as bondo free as can be from what i can tell. Doesn't have the cracks in the paint that bad bondo typically reveals. I'll let you know if things fall through. Thanks.
mb911
QUOTE(mrihop @ Dec 2 2015, 06:18 PM) *

The rear deck is pending. It has one ding it it, but as bondo free as can be from what i can tell. Doesn't have the cracks in the paint that bad bondo typically reveals. I'll let you know if things fall through. Thanks.

How is the trunk floor would you be interested in cutting that our for me?
colingreene
I need the tab that supports the rubber bumper top in the middle on the rear of the car.
if you can get it off in one part and mail it to me, ill take that.
mrihop
QUOTE(mrihop @ Dec 2 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Rear deck is sold.
mrihop
[/quote]

How is the trunk floor would you be interested in cutting that our for me?
[/quote]

Rear trunk is better than I thought it would be after pulling the carpet off. Pretty solid, one hole about the size of a nickel.

Draw what you want cut and send me the pic back! Thanks!
mrihop
QUOTE(colingreene @ Dec 4 2015, 04:10 PM) *

I need the tab that supports the rubber bumper top in the middle on the rear of the car.
if you can get it off in one part and mail it to me, ill take that.

Rear tab was ground off. sad.gif
mrihop
Not really interested in cutting the longs out for anyone...
screenguy914
Dare I ask if the sun visors are intact and available? If so, let me know.

Thanks,
Sherwood
alfadoc
I could use a repair section to deal with this:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.